Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,225

0 members and 3,225 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts

Re: Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by alykoz View Post
    OffTopic: 9/11 was our own government. why else would they lie about everything? you respond with words that were fed to you by, yes, your government. don't be fooled by those who are in power. not just children, but a number of innocent families have been droned in other countries by our gov for the "search of WMDs" when indeed they have found none. all life is valuable and we should be mature enough to know that standing up for ourselves doesn't mean going around and killing for profit in the name of peace. do some more research, before you are going to defend something you have seen on mainstream outlets. 9/11 happened so you would feel like there is a need for war. America is the terrorists. and being brainwashed by the people who are in power. there is a force working out there to make this an unpleasant place, while there are actually some people trying to make it better.
    while i do find a good conspiracy theory interesting and have my own thoughts on the matter, i was worried this kind of thing might get brought up in this thread. it's completely irrelevant here and i worry people will read these posts and chalk up pet banning and the proposed alterations to NEPA regarding the Lacey Act to "just another conspiracy theory," which it absolutely IS NOT. please take it elsewhere and let's focus on the matter at hand that demands immediate attention from the pet community.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSnakeGeek For This Useful Post:

Anya (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeGeek View Post
    just like reptiles are creating a salmonella epidemic? should we ban eggs in the grocery stores too? people get salmonella from them much more than our scaly friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by DestinyLynette View Post
    Or raw chicken. Let's ban that in case you cross contaminate or don't wash your hands...
    I feel like we have less of a government and more of authoritarian baby-sitters.
    Well if the FWS had anything to do with agriculture you might have a point. But they don't.

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm a bit nervous about the results in the next two days. I won't be able to buy any new reptiles until we move into our new house (more than a year from now) and I'm just dying to get my hands on a boa constrictor.

Thanks
    voiced

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

i know USARK has said we only have until the end of the month to voice our opinions, but is that when we'll find out if it passes or not? or will we have to wait? anyone know?

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    with the recent incident in canada, i believe this demands even more attention now. i'm currently in the process of writing a personalized email to my state representative. HSUS is going to jump on this tragedy in canada and demand the ban of more snakes. email your representative and stress to them that the SAME species of snake that was involved in this freak accident is ALREADY banned for interstate transport in the United States, and is thus somewhat irrelevant to the banning of other snake species. things aren't looking good for us.

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/pr...de-080713.html
    Last edited by TheSnakeGeek; 08-07-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    These apex predators—a product of the exotic reptile trade—pose a danger to people, pets and wildlife. In the U.S., a dozen people have been killed by African rock pythons, Burmese pythons, reticulated pythons and boa constrictors since 1990.
    This is the best stats they could use to help their cause ? 12 deaths in 23 years means I must be sure to stay away from that apex predator.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Dreams of breeding ball pythons? Kiss them goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal View Post
    This is the best stats they could use to help their cause ? 12 deaths in 23 years means I must be sure to stay away from that apex predator.
    approximately 1 person every two years according to that. how many people are killed by horses every two years? why aren't they banning those?? not saying they should, but it is the EPITOME of a double standard.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789