Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,395

1 members and 3,394 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YAY!!!!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It's great to hear that they are doing so well w/you Danielle! Sounds like they have a great home, good thing you got them when you did. I'm also glad to hear you were able to get that retained shed off. Sounds like you're doing a great job!! Keep it up and keep us posted!!
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Thanks
    Danielle, definitely go for raw whenever possible, to keep the majority of the nutrients intact. Only if you can't get to a consistency that he'll eat without cooking it would I cook it, and then preferably either blanching or baking. Sorry I can't really help with the substrate, though.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Ok- haven't updated in a while as I was out of town. My mom was looking after these guy's (Alexa, Beefy) while I was out of town. While I was gone Beefy acted normally and ate like a horse! He also pooped twice while I was gone, which my mom was too whimpy to clean up so I took care of that as soon as I got back. Man has he put some weight on He is no longer dehydrated or emaciated. Since i've been home ( got back on the 11th), he has decided to eat whole fruits. He is eating bananna, grapes, kiwi, just about any fruit really! I still mix baby food and Gatorade with the meat before I feed him to make sure he is getting enough hydration as he doesn't drink from his waterbowl. Does anybody have any tips on how to entice him to drink? He also has a set pooing pattern He poos everyday at 11 am. I also decided to put him on cypress mulch as a substrate after talking to a breeder. Since being put on the cypress he is just a contented little Tegu! He burys himself at night so he can hide. Man does he have an attitude! I think he might be one of those that you admire from afar as he does not like me in that tank AT ALL! He comes at me everytime I am in there :shock: I'll be interested to see how his temperment adjusts as he gets more comfortable with me.

As for Alexa ( BP), I haven't tried to feed her just yet as she hasn't settled in all of the way. I have handled her twice since aquiring her and she was fine with that. I put her in the bath tub today to get some old shed off of her belly and sides that she had. The old shed is where she has scars from the former owner feeding live mice to her! She has quite a few scars on her tail and sides actually. I swear I wish I could knock some sense into the former owner :evil: Anyways, all in all she is doing beautifully! I am going to switch her to a Sterilite container tomorrow so she can have more room as the 20L that she came with is too small for her. With the Sterilite, how do you guys ensure that the top is secure enough so they don't get out? Do you put a weight on top of it or just use the lid itself?

Sorry for the long post! Just wanted to update you on these guys and not start a new thread

Danielle

Thanks
    Congrats on everything working out!

As for securing the top, there are a few ways. You can drill some holes in the lid and sides, and fasten a locking system on the sides(be it actual locks, twisty ties, etc). Or you can use bungee cords to secure the lid(probably easiest way). There's probably others, but I'm not thinking right now. Just woke up from a nap.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    A nap?? I should've been in bed 3 hours ago but I have a tension headache and cannot seem to fall asleep :shock: Thanks for the ideas. Bungees seem like the easiest route to go. I can't believe i'm still up :?

Danielle

Thanks
    I'm up with the snakes all around the world, lol. Every night I come online around midnight and I'm on till 5-6 am. It's the only time I can get the computer. My sister and her friends, or my mom have it during the day.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12