Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,250

2 members and 3,248 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YAY!!!!!!

Thanks
    Beefy (the Tegu) ate some strawberry applesauce for me today!!!! I didn't know if he would go for it after being fed a "live rat" diet by the previous owner. As soon as I opened the tank and he smelled it he attacked the bowl I had it in :p He actually wanted more applesauce than the little 1/4 cup that I fed him :lol: So tonight i'm going to try some broccoli and cauliflower to see if he will try those. All of this in one day of owning him! I think I have a voracious eater on my hands!

Danielle

Thanks
    This guy is awesome!!! Beefy just let me take the excess shed off of him! Considering what I saw of him yesterday ( being aggressive, scratching, trying to bite the guy who used to own him, of course I chalked it up to being moved and stress) I didn't know how he was going to be when I went to take the shed off of his tail. NOT to mention he didn't have one layer of shed on his tail but 2! He had 2 layers of shed on his tail, and I could not believe it. I am soo glad I got him. I was hesitant at first, but now love him and he is not going anywhere ( my mom is already attached to him ) He seems to have adjusted already. He decided to poop and pee while I was taking off the shed on his tail. I guess it was really relaxing 8)

Danielle

Thanks
    Congratulations! Sounds like you are well on your way to having a nice Tegu there.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks

Patience, please :)

That's great! Congratulations! Looks like he'll turn out to be a good eater for you.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

Head Count...

Thanks guys. Yeah, my mom is already saying that i'm spoiling him rotten I bought baby food for him tonight since it is nothing but fruit and veggies instead of continuing to give him applesauce with the high fructose corn syrup and other "additives" in it. I figure the baby food is a healthier choice for him. Of course that will be alternated with the meats and fresh fruits and veggies for him. He did eat some of his veggies tonight! I am so proud of my Beefy! He'll be healthier and happier in no time! I'll try to get good pics of him for you guys. I only have a 35mm camera so I'll have to get the film developed and put onto a disk before uploading them to the gallery. His feet look quite funny without his toes :cry:

Danielle

Thanks
    He'll do okay without his toes with a proper diet and supplements. Applesauce really isn't very nutritionally sound, but sweet potatoes are sweet too and have loads of vitamins, so I'd try giving him those.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

Well Folks...

It sounds like Beefy is settleing in bvery nicely.
    I am glad he is eating well for you.
    Sounds as if he was in an awfull place beforehand
    Thanks
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Danielle...sounds like you've found yourself a real treasure there! Congrats!! Seems to me like he's in great hands now, and will be a very happy and contented little tegu from now on!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Well yesterday Beefy had a bit of 'tude going on He lunged twice at me when I was cleaning his enclosure telling me to back off and get out of "his home" :lol: I got the biggest kick out of it actually. He didn't hiss or even attempt to bite, just wanted to assert his dominance. I got mealworms for him yesterday. Dusted them with rep-cal calcium and herptivite and he went to town! I'm going to switch him to minerall "I" formula once i'm done with the other stuff. I just got the other stuff so I could immediately get some vitamins/minerals and calcium in his system.

I'm getting grapes and sweet potatoes for him today ( thanks Marla!). He seems to like pureed things instead of whole fruits and veggies. Should I cook the sweet potatoes first or just feed them to him raw? I'm also going to get ground turkey for him tonight as well. I'll see what he does with that.

He is just sleeping the day away right now He's all curled up in his pillow case like a little dog in a blanket. Once he wakes up i'll clean his cage again. What substrate should I put him on? I have him on paper towels right now. I've heard orchid bark and cypress mulch are very good for them. I don't really like orchid bark for the simple fact that it doesn't look very absorbent. When these guys "go" they leave a very big gooey wet mess behind :shock:, thats why i'm leaning towards the cypress- what do you think?

Almost forgot, Alexa (BP) finally came out of her hide yesterday Looks like she's becoming more comfortable every day with her new home!

Danielle

Thanks
    Turkey and sweet potatoes? Haha, Beefy eats better than I do on Thanksgiving day! :lol:
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast