Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,247

0 members and 3,247 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Big bull snakes

Thanks

Re: Big bull snakes

[QUOTE=Lucas339;2119434]I guess all carpet pythons are the same as well. I mean they are all in the same species so there must not be any major differences. You know, just color, pattern, length, girth, location, genetics......nothing major. They all "act" like carpet pythons so it must be true. And hey, it's on the internet.[/QU

The article you posted does not contradict anything I have said or provided. Also the article is based on the what the specific authors believe to be true. They make suggestions of the classifications. Not the classifications themselves. You can breed a bull and gopher together. You can breed an iran jaya carpet with a jungle carpet. They don't make hybrids because they are very similar snakes. The offspring can breed and create more because they are extremely similar. You are attacking my sources but not the information itself. The bull snake is a subspecies of gopher snake. Nothing you have said or the articles provided contradict that. You ignore the other article i posted while attacking the one from king snake. You are right, having two bull snakes don't make me an expert. On the same note. You cannot use your own personal experience with the snakes to note there differences as well. Every snake has it's own personal personality. Heck my bull snakes don't even have the same scale count as each other. You keep hopelessly clinging to an article that really doesn't tell me anything relevant to this conversation. It is a good paper. It is not intended to be empirical proof.

Thanks
    "You know, just color, pattern, length, girth, location, genetics......nothing major. They all "act" like carpet pythons so it must be true. And hey, it's on the internet"

Behavior is irrelevant.All the differences can be applied to different bull snake localities as well. I already acknowledge that there are indeed some differences but your making them out to be major differences. The genetics are similar enough that they can produce viable offspring if they are crossed with each other. Species have to be extremely similar to do this. How do we measure the differences between the two? That is what this conversation is about. We are arguing about how different or similar a gopher snake is to a bull snake. I have already proven they considered at least a subspecies of gopher. You have not debunked my sources. Your sources don't even contribute to this argument. Simply being on the internet does not mean it is wrong.

Thanks
    I have a 7 foot bull snake male, sadly i have no pics on here though!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234