Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,414

2 members and 1,412 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Banana/Coral Glow

Quote Originally Posted by MrLang View Post
    This is a good place for me to bring this up and I could probably get an answer more easily elsewhere but...

This business about "Male Makers"... I see the prices going down like crazy on these guys and people are always quoting "male maker" but some are not. If I understand correctly the issue is that they are not producing females? I'm surprised people are diving into the project with that knowledge. Yeah, the offspring look cool... but how much room do people have for males and all of the male combos that come out of the pairings. Think about how low the single gene males will be after a season when everyone holds back a multi-gene and decides to sell their single gene males. Too volatile for me.
    I think that the thought behind 'male-makers' is the market for combo morphs. EX: breed your male maker to an adult female pied, hold back all the male babies which will be bananas, power feed the heck out of them and you'll be able to get at least one of them up to breeding size quickly so you can breed it back to it's mother the following season and produce banana pieds in only a year. Personally I think it's a benefit that's a bit overblown.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks
    i think the male maker issue definitively contributes to the price falling so quickly.

with the right females already present, it can be used to effectively cut down the generation time, and you get into multi-gene combos much faster. the drawbacks are that it takes a lot of work to get female bananas and then super bananas. and of course it causes market prices to drop faster, especially for single-gene male hatchlings.

also, just to avoid confusion.... the clutches will still be around 50% males and 50% females. its just that most males are bananas, and most females are not, and the other genes are randomly distributed.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coreydelong View Post
    I have 2.0 Gen2 male makers. They are locking and I will have some data come spring/summer.

I'm sure bigger breeders have more data already.
    Just curious about your statement...and really curious to know more about it and about what you produce. From what was labeled as being the "gen2" male, this would be one of the odd males produced by a female maker and supposedly when bred, broke away from the male/female maker phenomenon?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coreydelong View Post
    I have 2.0 Gen2 male makers. They are locking .
    So your males are gay???

BPnet Senior Member CD CONSTRICTORS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rascal_rascal_99 View Post
    Just curious about your statement...and really curious to know more about it and about what you produce. From what was labeled as being the "gen2" male, this would be one of the odd males produced by a female maker and supposedly when bred, broke away from the male/female maker phenomenon?
    Both my males were produced from 1st generation male makers from Mike Wilbanks. That would make them 2nd generation male makers. I have no doubt my production ratios will be very similar to Mike's, and the males produced from them will be labeled 3rd gen male maker males. I almost bought a female from him at the same time, but decided with as many pairings as I will have this year I would shoot for that 10% odds of making my own female and keep her. I was briefly big on the Super Banana project, but not really so much now. I just want to make some cool Banana combos with them.

Quote Originally Posted by grcforce327 View Post
    So your males are gay???
    Only if all my proven breeder females have swapped sex somehow...lol

This girl couldn't even hide it in the water bowl!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CD CONSTRICTORS For This Useful Post:

ROACH (10-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TessadasExotics View Post
    The 4500 was a male maker male so I guess that theory is out. They will be 1200 or less by next year. Do you even realize how many bananas are out there? The banana market is on its way down. And faster than what some may want to believe. Don't care which breeders think they are going to hold on to the 10k+ price tag. Not many are going to pay it if they can go get them for 8k+ less. A banana is a banana. Doesnt matter who makes it. Talk to someone like Kevin and see what his thoughts are on the subject. Yes double, tripple, quad, supers and the like will still hold a good Proffitt. Thats a no brainer as its more than one gene.
    you called it! males are under $800 six months later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerBP View Post
    you called it! males are under $800 six months later.
    $800??? Where?? I have not seen one that is under 1k...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RuGGeR View Post
    $800??? Where?? I have not seen one that is under 1k...
    on this forum i have often seen prices quoted for these, around 1250 or 1000 or 900. also prices for morphs generally go down, and banana/CG will fall in price more rapidly than other morphs do. 800 sounds possible and plausible right now, wait a few months and it will be the norm.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TessadasExotics View Post
    The 4500 was a male maker male so I guess that theory is out. They will be 1200 or less by next year. Do you even realize how many bananas are out there? The banana market is on its way down. And faster than what some may want to believe. Don't care which breeders think they are going to hold on to the 10k+ price tag. Not many are going to pay it if they can go get them for 8k+ less. A banana is a banana. Doesnt matter who makes it. Talk to someone like Kevin and see what his thoughts are on the subject. Yes double, tripple, quad, supers and the like will still hold a good Proffitt. Thats a no brainer as its more than one gene.
    Haha I know this is an old thread but I just picked up a coral glow male for $675 at an expo hahahaha. I feel bad for the poor idiots that bought them two years ago

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Austinwwilson16 View Post
    Haha I know this is an old thread but I just picked up a coral glow male for $675 at an expo hahahaha. I feel bad for the poor idiots that bought them two years ago
    you may have just picked one up for 675 but those "poor idiots" that bought them at 5-10-15k two years ago have been making a profit on them for over a year now before the market dropped on them. so think of it this way you got yours for 675 best case scenario its a male and breeds next season what if by that time the price is down to 450 its going to take you years to come anywhere close to what those "poor idiots" made on there investment two years ago just my 0.2 cents

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zach Cedor For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (05-25-2014),Coopers Constrictors (05-25-2014),Dave Green (05-25-2014),joebad976 (05-25-2014),JPR (08-10-2014),lilnash0 (05-31-2014),qegalpal (05-25-2014),rascal_rascal_99 (05-26-2014),STjepkes (05-26-2014)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast