Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,144

0 members and 3,144 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts

Re: Banana/Coral Glow

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas@Balls2TheWall View Post

like i said earlier, GORGEOUS animal. even people outside the hobby wouldn't deny that specimen is beautiful, but i haven't seen a single banana combo that i would honestly say looks BETTER than the single gene banana. while i do think some of the combos are cool, the only reason i would like a banana combo more than the single gene is more from an "inside the hobby" viewpoint with respect to its breeding potential. if you asked someone that had no inside knowledge of snake breeding, animal's worth, or the value of a "power house" animal from a breeding standpoint, i honestly believe if you set a single gene banana down next to most of the combos that have been produced, the outsider would be indifferent.

i'm not saying that for every single one of the banana combos, and i'm not trying to bash the banana in any way, just giving my thoughts on the project. i believe the banana pied will most likely be jaw-dropping. the only thing is, with this weird sex skewing the bananas' offspring are known to have, it's not going to be as easy to get both a male and female banana het pied.

everyone knows the champagne is almost a dead end to most combos, but i still own one and think they are beautiful in their own right. i think the banana is a beautiful animal too, but i paid 1/6th the price of bananas right now for my champ, and don't plan on considering a banana/coral glow until they're much cheaper. they just don't seem like they'd be that much fun to "play around" with in my breeding plans. it has nothing to do with their price. i think the GHI blends PHENOMENALLY with a lot of morphs and would jump on that project in a heartbeat if i had upwards of 10 grand laying around somewhere.
    Last edited by TheSnakeGeek; 07-21-2013 at 01:48 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSnakeGeek For This Useful Post:

JMinILM (07-21-2013)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I wonder what an axanthic bananna would look like... I dont like them, I dont like light snakes, If they had somehow some darker colors mixed in they would be awesome. I think their too much of a hype and not worth the stupid ammounts of money being asked for. Even if the price dropped to 300, which in some years im sure it will, I still likely wouldnt buy one, unless someone figures out how to get some contrast into them.

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towelie4365 View Post
    I was more referring to when its mixed with pied. I don't see any indications that it would be an all-white snake
    Was there any indication that lesser or spider or any number of other genes would produce all or mostly white snakes when mixed with Pied before they were produced? We should know in the near future. I'm sure many are working on it.
    Family:
    0.1 Wife
    3.1 Kids

Balls:
    1.0 Lesser Pied, 1.0 VPI Snow, 1.0 Super Pastel Mojave, 1.1 Albino het VPI Axanthic G-Stripe, 1.0 Albino Black Pastel, 2.2 Triple het VPI Axanthic/Albino/Pied, 1.1 Triple het VPI Axanthic/Albino/G-Stripe, 0.1 Pastel BEL(Mojave/Lesser), 0.1 Sterling Mojave, 0.2 Pied, 0.2 Kingpin het Pied, 0.1 Cinnamon Lesser het Pied, 0.2 Clown, 0.1 Citrus Pewter Calico, 0.1 Pastel Mystic, 0.1 Mystic, 0.2 Cinnapin, 0.1 VPI Axanthic G-Stripe, 0.1 G-Stripe het Albino, 0.1 G-Stripe, 0.1 Pewter, 0.1 Lesser, 0.2 Spider ph Pied, 0.1 Spotnose ph Pied, 0.1 Spinner, 0.1 Black Pastel, 0.1 Normal

Other:
    1.0 Husky
    0.1 Husky/Lab

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Mechtly View Post
    Was there any indication that lesser or spider or any number of other genes would produce all or mostly white snakes when mixed with Pied before they were produced? We should know in the near future. I'm sure many are working on it.
    I think you missed my other post, but I think there were indications:

Quote Originally Posted by towelie4365 View Post
    True. But the spider gene SEVERELY reduces pattern, and the lesser gene produces BEL's in its super form or mixed with mojave. Similarly, the mojave also reduces the pied's pattern. Super black pastels also have no pattern, and black pastel pieds typically are very high white. I'm not aware of any pied combo that is almost all white that doesn't show that capability in other ways. I hope I'm not wrong, but I'd say it will be patterned
    1.0 Pied 0.1 Pied het Albino
    1.0 Albino het Pied 0.1 Hog Island Boa
    0.1 het Albino, 50% het Pied 0.1 Black lab

Thanks
    So when you guys are talking about how it doesn't blend well with other morphs are you referring to the color takes over all else or the pattern? I love the almost unnatural color they have and have gone through the WOPB banana pages and loved the way they came out.

banana spider
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/banana-spider/
    I like the subtle pinstripe and the bright golden color
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/banana-pin/
    pastel fades it out and gives it a neat look
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/banana-pastel/
    banana GHI is pretty awesome looking
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/banana-ghi/
    banana fire spider
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...a-fire-spider/
    Alluring Constrictors

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    This remains one of my favorite banana combos, just love the dark purplish color brought out by the cinny gene, cross this with a black back......i just wanna see it haha

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...nnamon-banana/
    I dont agree with a word your saying but will defend to the death your right to say it

0.1 Normal
    0.1 Cinnamon
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Sterling Bee
    1.0 Cinnamon

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eatgoodfood View Post
    I wonder what an axanthic bananna would look like... I dont like them, I dont like light snakes, If they had somehow some darker colors mixed in they would be awesome. I think their too much of a hype and not worth the stupid ammounts of money being asked for. Even if the price dropped to 300, which in some years im sure it will, I still likely wouldnt buy one, unless someone figures out how to get some contrast into them.
    Only time will tell for sure.

Thanks
    Banana GHI just looks ridiculous (as does coral glow GHI). These colors are not what you can normally get in ball pythons.

About the speckling, the tiny black dots: I love them. And i would say, if you dont like them, maybe its not the right gene for you. We have albino, and the candy and toffee which are compatible with albino to make candino and toffino, and we have caramel, and lavender albino. Not to forget ultramel. None have the tiny black dots.

Generally, very few light-colored snakes can have these black dots. Maybe you can get them sometimes by using genes that really obliterate the pattern, like atomic or champagne. But an undisturbed pattern in the background with these tiny dots on top.... I think its rare. Like it or not, it sets Banana/CG apart from all the other stuff i mentioned above.

That being said, one question:

If more and more people hit their supers, will the whole "male maker/ female maker"- thing still matter? As i understand it (and i am not sure), the best way to make a super is to breed a male banana that is a male maker to a female banana, this will give you good chances for a male super banana. Or you breed a male banana that is a FEMALE maker to a female banana, this will give you got chances for a female super banana.

But when considering a male or female super banana, will it still matter if it has male makers or female makers in its ancestry? I dont know, so im asking, but i think it wouldnt matter anymore. All offspring of the super banana, male or female, will have one copy of the gene, regardless of gender. Thats just what supers do. Also, lets say you have a male super banana and breed it to some females and get banana hatchlings, can you still label them "male-maker" or "female-maker", does it still make sense?

If you breed a male-maker banana to a female and hit a male super, and then breed the super to different females, wouldnt the offspring of that second generation be something like "100% het male maker" at best? How does it translate into offspring when the super got one copy each from each parents, and passes off one of these at random to its offspring?

Best Regards

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

Jonas@Balls2TheWall (07-22-2013)

BPnet Veteran Jonas@Balls2TheWall's Avatar
    Thanks
    You pose an interesting question. I suppose time will tell.

Thanks

Banana Spotnose is nice.
    People need to realize that just because "I am putting my XX Banana with these females does not mean that breeding will occur. Next, unless your male is a super, your clutches are not all banana morphs. My banana morph male will be with the same amount as my GHI male will be. I guess GHI will be $1200 next years also. LOL.
    I am very excited for the Banana to drop in price for people. They are outstanding. Whatever their price ends up at, they will sell, sell, sell.
    The banana is a snake that non ball python or non reptile people have to agree is beautiful. To me, this means they will always sell.
    Last edited by Murse; 07-22-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Never show all or tell all. Mystery is one of life's pleasures.

Owns a tastefully concocted assortment of high quality specimens

haters be hatin

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast