Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,289

3 members and 2,286 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi there!

Thanks

Re: Hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalRose View Post
    Blue fronted amazon. His name is Skittles. He thinks he is master of all he sees lol.

Very nice! I have dealt with amazons before, but they aren't my favorite. Have you had any other birds?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DooLittle View Post
    Very pretty. Amazon's are cool.
    Thanks

Abigail,I've had experience with other birds but Skittles is the only one I own myself. I kept my aunt in laws Moluccan Cockatoo for almost 2 years while she under went breast cancer treatments. He's an awesome bird but OMG loud. When he wanted something everyone knew it lol. He's back at home with his mommy now. She also has a sun conure now that I adore. I go play with him every chance I get.

I agree amazons aren't for everyone but for me he's perfect. He likes spending time cuddling with me when he's in the mood but most of the time as long as he has toys and treats he's happy to just be in the same room with me so we can talk back and forth lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalRose View Post
    Thanks

Abigail,I've had experience with other birds but Skittles is the only one I own myself. I kept my aunt in laws Moluccan Cockatoo for almost 2 years while she under went breast cancer treatments. He's an awesome bird but OMG loud. When he wanted something everyone knew it lol. He's back at home with his mommy now. She also has a sun conure now that I adore. I go play with him every chance I get.

I agree amazons aren't for everyone but for me he's perfect. He likes spending time cuddling with me when he's in the mood but most of the time as long as he has toys and treats he's happy to just be in the same room with me so we can talk back and forth lol.
    That's wonderful. I absolutely love birds. I actually worked at a family-owned bird store. I loved it there. www.sugarcreekbirdfarm.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

CrystalRose (07-17-2013)

Thanks
    Looks like a great place to work! Thanks for the website, They have some really nice foraging toys on there I might have to order for Skittles. Good prices too. I shouldn't have looked at it though. I took a peek at their "available" birds and saw Ruby the Eclectus. If I was ever going to get another bird a female Eclectus is at the top of my list. Someday

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CrystalRose For This Useful Post:

Abigail (07-18-2013)

Thanks
    Haha they are truly a wonderful place to go. I just rehomed my cockatoo, I think I am going to hold off on any additional birds right now. I currently have a flock of zebra finches, a green cheek conure and a budgie. I want to focus on reptiles for now, stick with smaller birds but then save money along the way so I can eventually get myself a macaw.

Thanks
    I love green cheek conures. They are such cute funny birds. I love macaws too. I'm just not sure I could handle one. I did get to hold a hyacinth macaw one time. It was amazing. If I ever did get one for myself it would probably be a blue and gold.

I think you'll enjoy the reptiles. Once you get them set up right they are pretty easy to maintain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123