Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,092

1 members and 3,091 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I find it interesting that we are still debating wether or not the snake in this post is desert or not, when someone else has come out of the woodworks describing a viable female desert clutch, as well as other people he knows with eggs incubating. I want to know more about those!

There may be many keeping these clutches and breedings a secret as it has been considered so taboo. I hope all of these supposed viable desert female clutches have been properly documented!! This could be an interesting year if all of this is true.

I also came across this quote today, it was posted by someone I consider to be very wise.

"Quarreling doesn't make an ignorant a wise. It's just proving the ignorance."

I thought it was fitting for this forum, as well as many other threads I've seen.

Again, I do not have the desert gene, and do not know how it really works. So take what I say with a grain of salt if you'd like. All I know is what I've been told, and if lives are in jeopardy, those with these females should be very careful in what they choose to do, and how they do it.

Good luck!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to behindblueyes For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (07-07-2013),BlueMoonExotics (07-07-2013),CLSpider (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Big News Coming Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by behindblueyes View Post
    I find it interesting that we are still debating wether or not the snake in this post is desert or not, when someone else has come out of the woodworks describing a viable female desert clutch, as well as other people he knows with eggs incubating. I want to know more about those!
    Maybe it's because that's that users very first post on here and they didn't post ANY proof of it... I'd like to hear more about that too, i don't think it'd be fair to clog up this thread with that though. You can say whatever you want online, but if you don't back it up with proof then no ones gunna take you very seriously.
    I made out with kate upton! <--- see, anyone can believe that if they want to!
    Last edited by Mike41793; 07-07-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

behindblueyes (07-07-2013)

BPnet Veteran majorleaguereptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean : EbN View Post
    If this does prove out to be not Desert then I'm sure Amir will take care of that. Mistakes can occur, true professionalism is how you take care of the mistakes
    Exactly, Amir would take care of it. If you read my original opinion, the fact this could be a citrus pastel that had incubation effect was a possibility, but seeing the adult on eggs, it definitely looked pastel desert to me. After seeing these baby pics, I'm a little more on the fence and can see that maybe this female just had a little developmental action going on and is an extreme looking pastel.

For the record, I own no deserts, not sure where the whole investment, money aspect attack came from, but I'm still excited simply because I'm a fan of ball pythons and pretty much everyones projects in the reptile world. I hope we can just all relax a little bit. The success of a desert female laying eggs will do nothing financially for the project. For me, it would simply a cool reptile accomplishment.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to majorleaguereptiles For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bruceweb (07-07-2013),Cross Exotics (07-07-2013),elbee (07-07-2013),h00blah (07-08-2013),jben (07-07-2013),JMinILM (07-07-2013),Mike41793 (07-07-2013),PitOnTheProwl (07-07-2013),RobNJ (07-08-2013),Royal Hijinx (07-07-2013),SlitherinSisters (07-07-2013),Stewart_Reptiles (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    I am glad I just keep ball pythons for fun and my family. I am actually picking up a desert in the near future and if I produce females I will hold them back, not because of the money aspect, but because I care about my animals and wouldn't want someone risking their lives to try and make money. Good luck on the clutch and I hope it proves out to be desert.

Thanks

Re: Big News Coming Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Family Reptiles View Post
    This is Mike from Family Reptiles here in Lakeland, FL. Congratulations on your Desert clutch. Scott and Elizabeth, the owners of Family Reptiles, also have a viable clutch of eggs from a Desert female currently in the incubator and it is due to pip in a couple weeks. We also know of a few other breeders that have viable desert clutches and we are all trying to compare notes as to what factors may have been involved in the success. If you are willing, Scott would love to chat.
    Pics or it (definitely) didn't happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SaintTawny For This Useful Post:

Tom Pecanic (07-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SaintTawny View Post
    Pics or it (definitely) didn't happen.
    This is true

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pythnsnkmn For This Useful Post:

Tom Pecanic (07-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Maybe it's because that's that users very first post on here and they didn't post ANY proof of it... I'd like to hear more about that too, i don't think it'd be fair to clog up this thread with that though. You can say whatever you want online, but if you don't back it up with proof then no ones gunna take you very seriously.
    I made out with kate upton! <--- see, anyone can believe that if they want to!

Very true!! I can't agree more I totally believe you made out with kate upton. hehe.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to behindblueyes For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by majorleaguereptiles View Post

For the record, I own no deserts, not sure where the whole investment, money aspect attack came from, but I'm still excited simply because I'm a fan of ball pythons and pretty much everyones projects in the reptile world. I hope we can just all relax a little bit. The success of a desert female laying eggs will do nothing financially for the project. For me, it would simply a cool reptile accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxjoon View Post
    So now we have 3 of the best in the game pretty much confirming the genes of this animal which includes the breeder himself. So as far as the genetics of this snake goes, I am convinced that it has desert in it. Now we wait...
    Since you said you didn't know, I'll bring it to the most recent page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BPnet Veteran majorleaguereptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    Since you said you didn't know, I'll bring it to the most recent page.

I'm confused. How do these comments even related?

My opinion confirms nothing. Like I said, and have said many times, ball pythons can take an appearance outside their genetics. In cases where developmental and incubation can brighten a mutation and often can, as could be the case here, determining genetics can be very difficult without the solid base/clutch results to compare, etc.. I can easily see how this could have been mistaken for a pastel desert, and I mentioned I would have sold it as one based upon how she looks on eggs...

I'm still hopeful she is a desert. Guess we will have to wait and see..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to majorleaguereptiles For This Useful Post:

h00blah (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts
    I'll make sure to make a post on this first, before people get butt hurt.

I'm not specifically stating Amir is lying, a bad breeder, or anything of the sort. We are all human, and I won't just take anyone's word on genetics when something isn't supposed to happen unless the gene is mapped and you've got a genetics degree. We're all just hobbyists here and I'm gonna treat you reading this post, and everyone else, the same way.

I was taught to question everything, that's just me.

Last edited by Kodieh; 07-07-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast