Hey guys, I'm new to this site, but I really need some help with this. My ball python, Luna, is only taking hamsters. When i first bought her she was eating rats, then, starting in about december of 09, she just stopped eating. I'm pretty sure every ball python owner goes through this, but since this was my first ball, it totally freaked me out when she stopped eating. She wouldn't take another meal until late april. I read online that hamsters and gerbils work really well in getting them to eat again, so as desperate as I was, I gave her a hamster and she took it. Now my problem is that she has imprinted on them and almost always wants hamsters now. She'll take a rat very occasionally, for example, I tried a small rat last week and she took it without hesitation, I tried again this week and she was avoiding the rat, but she took a teddy bear hamster. I wanna get her on rats because it is getting a little too expensive to buy her 2 teddy bears instead of a large to an XL rat. Also, I heard that hamsters don't have all the nutrition that she needs, and that they are too high in fat. Is that true? How can I get her on to eating rats regularly? I've tried scenting, and throwing a rat in her cage after she eats a smaller hamster. I've also tried cutting the rat to expose some flesh and blood. I haven't tried braing because I don't think I have the heart for it lol. I'm out of ideas, can someone please help me with this.