Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,399

2 members and 3,397 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Very Disturbing...

Atleast they ate them.........

Thanks

Um, first of all, this thread is TWO YEARS OLD...=P

And second, from what I've read, the milking performed during round-ups is not done cleanly, so the obtained venom is useless. So the round-ups are just circus events and cook-outs.

I don't have a problem with properly licensed hunters going out into the wild, killing their limit of game for their own consumption. Or animals properly raised and humanely slaughtered for food.

The problem I have with rattlesnake round ups is that they are neither of the above; it is a circus mentality and people's feeling that this is "the right thing to do because these animals are evil". It makes a display of animal torture, making it seem right, and if allowed to continue, I would assume could seriously damage the future of the rattlesnake population in the wild.
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra
    Um, first of all, this thread is TWO YEARS OLD...=P

And second, from what I've read, the milking performed during round-ups is not done cleanly, so the obtained venom is useless. So the round-ups are just circus events and cook-outs.

I don't have a problem with properly licensed hunters going out into the wild, killing their limit of game for their own consumption. Or animals properly raised and humanely slaughtered for food.

The problem I have with rattlesnake round ups is that they are neither of the above; it is a circus mentality and people's feeling that this is "the right thing to do because these animals are evil". It makes a display of animal torture, making it seem right, and if allowed to continue, I would assume could seriously damage the future of the rattlesnake population in the wild.
    Sorry.

I wasnt the first to post anyways...lol...

Thanks

Error! Error!
    The page you’re looking for cannot be found. It’s possible that the link you followed was incorrect, or that the page has been deleted or changed.

Thanks

yeah they arent protected but just like everything in a few years they are gonna realize oh crap now they are endangered we should protect them now i could understand if maybe they were captivley raised for this purpose (although still mean i wouldnt object we do the same for cattle) but going out and snagging them from the wild is wrong. i found an article on purses and stuff made outta ball pythons and i got sad i imagined my little skyler as a boot, and ziggy as the other boot.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pwilliams58
    Error! Error!
    The page you’re looking for cannot be found. It’s possible that the link you followed was incorrect, or that the page has been deleted or changed.

when you go to the page just type rattlesnake in the little search box in the middle it will be the first linkk.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

I'm pissed off at that. I know its an old post, but you know it still goes on. What is the point of killing them? To make some money? Pointless!
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brad06ag
    Plagued by rodents now, hmmmm, I'm still waiting on that one. I've live in texas all my life, and never have seen a shortage of rattlesnakes anywhere i've been. The roundup is making use of a natural resource that we have and using it to make a profit. It is in no way trying to show that snakes are evil or immoral or whatever you think is being portrayed. You could compare the roundup to any innumerable other things happening in this world, most of which are much worse. For all you Peta members, I'm surprised that you could consider owning an undomesticated animal as remotely ethical, I would think you would say it is meant to be wild, so how could you tame it. so step down from you're high and mightly little perch and look at your own practices towards animals and see if they the most ethical, I'm sure I could find faults under your requirements for ethical treatment. Well, unless maybe you're a true vegan, but i doubt that. As for this ranch raised guy, I'll stick to my ways. I'll keep hunting, fishing, and if I really want to, I'll drive on up to sweetwater and attend the roundup and show that its not a fear, It's economics. The rest of y'all can keep you're left wing liberal ethics, and I'll keep in mind that I live in free country, and I'll enjoy my freedoms....you can enjoy your's too, thats why its called America. All that I really ask is you don't look down your nose at everyone else, and impose your views on them.

I too live in Texas and have all my life this is not just mindless killing. The meat is cooked and served they have a contest for the best reciepe. It is kinda like a goat cookoff or a barbeque contest It just takes more snakes then goats or cows. The venom is milked and turned ito anti venom, which is very important in a place that is overrun with rattle snakes. They don't stay on a ranch or a farm they come into houses, busnesses, and front yards where children play. It is something that has to be done to protect the community. As for invading thier habitat, do you suggest we let the snakes take over half the state and move out. We cannot help that the terrain in that part of the state is prime to the snakes housing and breeding. In one den there can be hundreds of snakes. When they spread out they have to spread far for the space they require. This is a place where the snakes outnumber the people. I don't expect everyone to unerstand, but try living with it.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pot Roast
    I too live in Texas and have all my life this is not just mindless killing. The meat is cooked and served they have a contest for the best reciepe. It is kinda like a goat cookoff or a barbeque contest It just takes more snakes then goats or cows. The venom is milked and turned ito anti venom, which is very important in a place that is overrun with rattle snakes. They don't stay on a ranch or a farm they come into houses, busnesses, and front yards where children play. It is something that has to be done to protect the community. As for invading thier habitat, do you suggest we let the snakes take over half the state and move out. We cannot help that the terrain in that part of the state is prime to the snakes housing and breeding. In one den there can be hundreds of snakes. When they spread out they have to spread far for the space they require. This is a place where the snakes outnumber the people. I don't expect everyone to unerstand, but try living with it.
    There is yet to be a bank to take the venom from one of these.
    nada

Thanks

Texans...
    -Kevin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast