Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,375

1 members and 3,374 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    The rattlesnake round-up people are the freakin' devil.
    We should catch all the rattlers, take them udedrground, and replace them with robot rattlesnale, and while the real rattlers are safely hidden in an underground facility, while the robot rattlers whip out laser cannons on the rattlesnake 'hunters'.
    And people wonder why so many species of venomous snakes are on the verge of extinction.
    I amlost threw up when I saw the trashcan full of rattlesnake heads.
    I cronged everytime I clicked to see the next picture, just to prepare myself for what was to come, thanks for the warning rusty.

-collin

Thanks
    That hurts me so much to see them do that :cry:
    1 cat... Jim tressel
    1 ball python...Cujo
    My album

Thanks
    What disgusting morons. I think someone should start a "Rattlesnake Wrangler roundup."
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have known about these rattlesnake roundups for quite some time and it truly amazes me that this kind of madness is permitted to go on. I do not see how the rattlesnake population can sustain this kind of wholesale butchery ever year. The main problem here is human ignorance and stupidity. These clowns probably think they are doing a good thing by killing off every rattlesnake in sight. They lack a more refined intelligence in realizing that these animals play a pivotal role in the ecosystem and it is just too darn bad that they are not cuddly, sweet little critters. It is sad to see that there is still hatred shown towards snakes in general and venomous snakes in particular. I suppose because I am a snake hobbyist I might be somewhat biased but I agree....we ought to have a round up of Texans and behead a few thousand.
    EyeLashViper

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Not all Texans are guilty in this matter, lets try not to make blanket statements. More violence does not solve anything as then 'we' are just as bad as them. Again, this is another situation where there is no easy solution. Rusty included some links in this thread suggesting some constructive ways to help stop these roundups, check 'em out!
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Thanks
    As with most things in this world ... education is the key. We may not be able to get to the "good ol' boys", but the next generation and the generation after that are the key. It is going to be a while before these kinds of activities are completely stopped. There is too much money to be made, and as long as people keep attending and buying this kind of merchandise, these kinds of roundups will continue. Greed is a powerful thing. Just my 2 cents, but i feel that educating people is the key to removing this kind of slaugher.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Very Disturbing...

im not supporting this, but some people need to pay more attention to the information. The meat is used and they are milked. It is all said SO plainly in that slideshow. Its funny that people catch the part about the gallbladders being used, but dont catch the part about them being milked and the meat used. Meat can be provided by farming though im sure (like alligator is), maybe not as cheaply but still.... I also wouldnt have a problem at all with a organized "season" with limits and whatnot, if a population study is done, and they can reasonably determine what numbers should be and what they are and it is done to manage the population (the way bag limits are on deer).

Thanks

Well all i can say is that im ashamed to belong to the same species as these sick people who do these roundups, its barbaric gross and just down right evil.
    and that goes to everyone who enjoys going to these events.
    how can anyone even think about puting on a show plainly just to abuse these animals and have fun doing it!?!
    i mean WTF is wrong with people these days?!? it beggars belief to think that these sick acts still go on!
    capturing milking and releasing is fair enough i have no problems with that what so ever as it has a point to it , roundups however are completly pointless and disgusting!...(actually the only point i can see to roundups are that they are a very effective way to cause a beautiful animal to go extinct)

I belive in karma so hopefully soon some bad karma to act some long overdue ass kicking unrelentless revenge on these evil rattler wranglers kicking there asses all over texas!
    [b]Steve Irwin Febuary 22nd 1962 - September 4th 2006 [font=Century Gothic]R.I.P

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Very Disturbing...

There's NO stopping the destruction of some people!!!!.... Why can't they leave nature alone, to be as beautiful as it was intended.... Slithered
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Reptiles
    The following link pertains to a recent rattlesnake roundup.
    If you click the middle link it will bring you to a set of pictures.
    WARNING: some of these are very graphic.
    Take Warning
    http://www.themorningnews.org/archiv...d_up_PRINT.php

Are you angry?
    Rusty

Thanks

Absolutely disgusting...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast