Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,376

1 members and 1,375 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

updated pictures of my snakes eyes, they look worse (couldn't edit last thread)

So her eyes look even worse in my opinion.. I didn't get to add the humidity hide (will do that tonight after work) but.. is this somerthing more serious to worry about?

Thanks
    Before I say anything, I'd suggest doing a responsiveness test in the pupil. Basically, shine a flashlight at the eye-- if you see the pupil contract, just give it time to clear up.

My personal opinion? I'm not entirely sure that this snake can see. I'd wait for someone who's more skilled to come along and be sure, or, even better, taking the snake to a vet to get a professional opinion, but I had my doubts when you posted your first thread and these pictures only confirm that in my head.

Keep us updated, and yes, definitely put together a humid hide asap.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks
    If it ends up being that she can't see, I don't need to put her down, do I? She's ate since in my care, doesn't seem to have issues moving about, finding her hides or water. She seems pretty normal, always trying to.find a way escape, etc. Whenever I have ger outta the cage she seems to.find her way.around

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: updated pictures of my snakes eyes, they look worse (couldn't edit last thread)

Are your hides rough on the inside?

I used unglazed terracotta for a while and the eyecaps used to get scuffed as the snake moved around inside the hide.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...hlight=scuffed

Does that look similar to you?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    It looks somewhat similar but I'm.not quite sure. It doesn't seem like its her. entire eye

Thanks

Re: updated pictures of my snakes eyes, they look worse (couldn't edit last thread)

Quote Originally Posted by BP Tim View Post
    If it ends up being that she can't see, I don't need to put her down, do I? She's ate since in my care, doesn't seem to have issues moving about, finding her hides or water. She seems pretty normal, always trying to.find a way escape, etc. Whenever I have ger outta the cage she seems to.find her way.around
    No, you do not need to euthanize the animal. There are plenty of BPs that are born completely eyeless which live relatively normal lives and do just fine.
    5.5.13 C. Ciliatus - Specialize in Super Dals
    0.0.1 V. Exanthematicus (Skorge)
    4.4 U. Lineatus
    1.2 N. Amyae
    1.2.2 N. levis levis
    1.0 U. Pietschmanni (Pietsch)
    5.2.2 U. Fimbriatus

Lots of BPs focusing on Clown stuff in 2014.

1.0 P. Reticulatus 50% Dwarf Purple Albino het Gen Stripe

Chris from The Lizard Horde
    www.thelizardhorde.com
    Our Iherp Reptile Collection
    https://www.facebook.com/TheLizardHorde

Thanks
    Blind BPs can live an excellent quality of life. Their sense of smell and their heat pits are excellent resources for navigation. There's no need to put her down if it turns out she can't see.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks
    Great to hear! Wouldn't wanna have to have her put down

Thanks
    That poor baby.... have you tried putting her in a nice humid soak? I just did this with Nagini. All I did was pick up a locking 6qt tub, drill a nice amount of holes, put a soft towel on the bottom and fill it with about 1/2" of warm water. Let her soak for about 30 My girl was all kindsa happy rubbing along the towel. If nothing else, it will make her feel good for a little bit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BP Tim View Post

You would definitely not need to put her down.
    Here is a picture of one of my boas who developed a cataract in her right eye when she was very young. She is healthy, fat, and happy. The only problems I've ever encountered is that she will occasionally miss her rat, or that she might startle a little easier on her bad side. It does not affect her quality of life in the least bit, though.

Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast