Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,251

3 members and 3,248 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Drop offs...

Thanks

Drop offs...

I am known as the "reptile lady" around my neighborhood so i have critters dropped off at my house and remove reptiles from yards and houses frequently.

About 3 hours ago i had some kids (10-14 years old) drop these little guys off at my house

The kids said they found them about 4 days ago and kept them in a butter bowl in their basement, they didn't eat for the kids for obvious reasons. It's sad that people can't just leave the native wildlife alone.
    I am most likely only going to keep them for a short while so i can make sure they are all eating and in okay condition, one of them took a couple pinhead crickets and fruit flies within an hour of being in the enclosure.

I believe they are American Toads but i know very little about amphibians so that's just my best guess.

Enclosure that i had to throw together quickly:

Toads:

Last edited by SSALB; 06-28-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    Scaley critters:
    1.0 Boa Constrictor - Emerson 0.1 Green Iguana - Ricci
    0.1 Centralian Carpet Python - Charlotte 0.1 Blood Python
    0.1 Normal Ball Python 1.0 Granite Burmese Python - Peanut
    1.0 Normal Burmese Python - Peewee 0.0.1 Super Dalmatian Crested Gecko - Gus

Furry critters:
    0.1 American Pit Bull Terrier - Justice 0.1 German Shepherd Dog/Border Collie mix - Liberty 1.0 Rottweiler/Mastiff mix - Major 1.0 English Bulldog mix - 1.0 Ferret - Taz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    During certain times of the year the ground can be alive with those tiny creatures. I love 'em. I used to make "toad houses" in the flower beds but the toads never seemed to want to live in them. Didn't stop me from putting toads in them every night. LOL.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

Anya (07-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Drop offs...

There are certain times of the year that it becomes hard to mow my lawn because of all the little newly morphed baby toads covering my yard. I'll end up mowing the lawn with a bucket attached to my lawn mower handle and picking up the little guys as I go, then I'll dump the bucket in one if my wife's flower beds. It can be fun trying to keep them for a while, but it's hard to keep them filled up, they can eat fruit flies like crazy
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus