Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,314

4 members and 3,310 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Small potatoes?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: Small potatoes?

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Its a shame you would support a post that tells users to leave instead of speak their mind on an issue with the forum. I Guess in your eyes its prefect.
    My my my, your ASSumption quota must have been exceeded by now, neh?

Why does it have to be YOUR way? You've stated your opinion, staff has stated theirs, Staff wins everytime in this game and YOU, me, Mike, everyone knows that IF they've read the TOS.

So, what's your real beef? That it's not your way? That's rather narcissistic of you isn't it? I mean, there are thousands of members here who probably wish it was their way when they disagree with staff, yet you seem to be the only one who can't seem to understand that it just ain't gonna happen. What's up with that? I always thought you were pretty smart.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Your ASSumption is making YOU into something here. I did go read the entire thread. I don't think now, and I didn't before I read it, that Mike deserved it. I think Mark made a mistake, but that is MY opinion, not his and while I do think he was wrong, it's not worth fighting over. You go right ahead and fight every little thing that irritates you. I don't have time for that crap, sometimes I just suck it up and move on. Infractions of this nature are really meaningless in the big picture. They cause no harm, have no ramifications, are not even an embarrassment unless you're really thin skinned in the hiney region, which Mike is most assuredly not.

You feel staff didn't do their best and have registered that opinion. I think Mark did his best and I disagree with his decision. I have stated that and that's good enough for me. Why you need to make some massive change to be happy is beyond my ken, but I am ok with that too; I don't care, nothing personal, what you think, but I do think you should be able to state your opinion without negating mine simply because it does not dovetail with yours. I think you're wrong, but that doesn't matter because neither of US are staff.

We've made our opinions known, staff will or will not take them into consideration in the future and the worlds spins on neither knowing nor caring what either of us think.
    So now I'm a pansy and an ass because I spoke my mind. Are you challenging the staff to see if they pick up your not so clever attempt at calling me names directly after Slitherinsisters quoted that rule? You say its not personal but you make comments like that. Its no wonder why you are the most infracted user.

It matters none to me if you agree with me or what I say but I think you could keep some of
    your opinion to yourself. I glad your ok with the staff making a mistake but not needing to own up to it. You basically just said Mark messed up but that was the best he could do.

I don't think it should be my way. I was hoping we could find a better way. I'm open to suggestions on what that may be. Just because the staff always wins does not make it right. And only a small number of staff has said anything here.

This is really not how I saw this thread going and was far less positive then I hoped.
    Last edited by KMG; 06-24-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

Personal opinion, Mark felt it went to far when in our opinion it could go further than it was allowed to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you are lurking Deb. Glad to see how you feel the users should act towards the staff. Just shut up and listen. Your all human and make mistakes I guess it would be better for you if nobody had the nerve to call them out. Its a shame you would support a post that tells users to leave instead of speak their mind on an issue with the forum. I Guess in your eyes its prefect.
    It's Deborah not Deb

I will say it again you could have handle that matter privately raising your concerns to the admins, instead YOU chose to handle it very differently and for no other reason than create drama.

Now regardless of the points that were or will be made you will keep complaining and I am not sure what you want to be done here, which leaves us with 3 options and not 2 like Wes suggested

1/ Get over it and move on there are more important things in life (well at least to some of us)

2/ Keep on complaining (just because the internet is serious business)

3/ Find a place better suited for your needs (not the first time I am making this recommendation to a member)

Now the choice is yours to make not mine I am fine with either one.

Again being a member here is a priviledge not a right.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

wilomn (06-24-2013)

Thanks

So now I'm a pansy and an ass because I spoke my mind. Are you challenging the staff to see if they pick up your not so clever attempt at calling me names directly after Slitherinsisters quoted that rule? You say its not personal but you make comments like that. Its no wonder why you are the most infracted user.

It matters none to me if you agree with me or what I say but I think you could keep some of your opinion to yourself. I glad your ok with the staff making a mistake but not needing to own up to it. You basically just said Mark messed up but that was the best he could do.
    You are if that's what you take from it, I merely expressed my opinion. I challenge no one here. Were I to call you a name, you would not ask if I had called you a name unless you were really really stupid. As I expressed, your opinion means zip to me, so continuing to express it to me is a waste of your time, unless you aim to make me giggle. In that you succeed admirably. Butthurt is often humourous to those of us not feeling the pain. No one, other than you, in this post or any of my posts has said they shouldn't own up to a mistake. I, personally, think Mark made a mistake. That's my opinion, but means nothing in the big picture. Same for you. Get over it, we don't count in this.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    I was PMing Mike earlier and he said he had only meant it as a joke, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I think most of us who read his posts know that. He also said he was taking a break for awhile, I don't know if he will/how long or if he already started. As I've said, I disagree with the choice Mark made there.

I may be inclined to join him. Yeah the back and forth between Pitt and I was out of hand. When I'm being accused of something I flat out didn't say by a mod I'm not just going to lay down and take it. They shouldn't be able to make threats based on things the made up (In this case saying I claimed I would make another account). That's ridiculous and to me shouldn't be acceptable behavior for a mod. Even after I referred them back to my post all I got was a changed subject.

To me mods shouldn't be able to just make things up, to say they are targeting people that's just poor management. But it's their jungle and if that's how they want to run it we always have the option to leave.

I know that I can be abrasive, I have no problem admitting it. I also don't have a problem with any member on here. At the end of the day, this is the internet and I see no point in harboring ill will based the back and forth of us all pretending to be keyboard warriors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mackynz View Post
    I was PMing Mike earlier and he said he had only meant it as a joke, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I think most of us who read his posts know that. He also said he was taking a break for awhile, I don't know if he will/how long or if he already started. As I've said, I disagree with the choice Mark made there.

I may be inclined to join him. Yeah the back and forth between Pitt and I was out of hand. When I'm being accused of something I flat out didn't say by a mod I'm not just going to lay down and take it. They shouldn't be able to make threats based on things the made up (In this case saying I claimed I would make another account). That's ridiculous and to me shouldn't be acceptable behavior for a mod. Even after I referred them back to my post all I got was a changed subject.

To me mods shouldn't be able to just make things up, to say they are targeting people that's just poor management. But it's their jungle and if that's how they want to run it we always have the option to leave.

I know that I can be abrasive, I have no problem admitting it. I also don't have a problem with any member on here. At the end of the day, this is the internet and I see no point in harboring ill will based the back and forth of us all pretending to be keyboard warriors.
    Were I staff, I would have said the same thing Pit did. Your inferences were impossible to miss. You know that too.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Were I staff, I would have said the same thing Pit did. Your inferences were impossible to miss. You know that too.
    I won't deny I was talking about circumventing a ban in response to his threatening it. But not in the manner he repeatedly tried to tell me I did. No new account making would have taken place. But Pitt went even so far as to tell me to re-read my own post after accusing me of the wrong thing. I'm just saying if you're going to accuse me of something and claim I said something is it too much to ask that it's the right thing?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This all started out because I felt that both Mike41793 and Kodieh stepped over the line by repeatedly posting something that I and others felt was offensive. I gave them both infractions, they disagreed, PM's were sent, discussions had. That really should have been the end of it.

I still think that Mike41793 and Kodieh are fine and valued members of our forum, I just wish they'd spent a little more time thinking about how what they'd written would be interpreted by others before hitting the 'send reply' button. Can we please all get back to talking about snakes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    This all started out because I felt that both Mike41793 and Kodieh stepped over the line by repeatedly posting something that I and others felt was offensive. I gave them both infractions, they disagreed, PM's were sent, discussions had. That really should have been the end of it.

I still think that Mike41793 and Kodieh are fine and valued members of our forum, I just wish they'd spent a little more time thinking about how what they'd written would be interpreted by others before hitting the 'send reply' button. Can we please all get back to talking about snakes?

Actually Mark, I have to disagree with this. While you and others thought it went over the line, I and others did not. We were not asked for our opinions, so unless those others were mods who stated their opinions to you prior to your dinging Mike, I think that argument is weak to the point of being worthless.

Also, was Mike warned prior to his ding? Does it not say that he should have been? If he wasn't, shouldn't you rescind it since the sites rules were, accidentally, not followed?
    www.humanewatch.org

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (06-25-2013),DooLittle (06-24-2013)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast