Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,992

1 members and 1,991 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Small potatoes?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Small potatoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    What did you do? Let me count the ways..

You operate barely within the rules. If it was my decision (which it isn't) you would get infracted (or at least warnings) for much more than you actually do.

You are the one who responded to this thread.
    Barely Within the rules is still within the rules...

Yea i responded, not really regarding anything pertaining to me specifically.

Idk you disliked me so much. I have nothing against you...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

KMG (06-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Re: Small potatoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Must be a big deal since here we are again.

If you felt like you were treated unfairly YOU could have appealed your infraction to one of the admins, instead YOU blew it out of proportion making a public scene which did not help the matter.

Now more of the same here still stuck on the same "not such a big deal issue" because you did not get the answer YOU wanted in a timely fashion manner ( mind you that some people do not seat around all day and can only address issues at the end of their work day)

So now, do you feel that if it had been addressed the proper way to start with we would not even be here?

Do you think this specific thread obviously started on your behalf (wonder why YOU did not start it ) is gonna go anywhere?
    Mike had nothing to do with this thread, it was ALL me. It is also not directly in response to his infraction but it is lumped in the sum that annoys me.

Instead of attacking my thread and Mike's involvement why don't you help us to make this forum a better place. Bring something constructive to the table instead of excuses and side stepping the topic at hand.

I have gone through the proper channels and got SHRUGGED OFF and it is happening to Mike. It just so happens that he is the current victim, merely coincidence.

What I want to see is a change in the mods attitude toward ANY issue a user feels needs their attention. If they are not willing to do that they should not be a mod.

I already said I don't care if the decisions get over turned only that the user gets a proper response for the mods decision.

I also understand people are at work and do not expect this problem to be quickly fixed, I just want it fixed. You don't seem to want that and would rather offer nothing of my thread for the betterment of the forum.

The fact you will not even acknowledge the topic here is part of the problem.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts
    this is better than jersey shore.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheSnakeGeek For This Useful Post:

4theSNAKElady (06-25-2013),Anya (06-24-2013),liv (07-06-2013),STjepkes (06-28-2013)

Thanks

The initial thread is already public. It is not the forum members decision. It is the mods/admins decision.

I just don't think a PERSONAL matter like this needs to be brought to the attention of the entire forum.
    Because mods and admins should just do whatever they want right? No scrutiny, just apply the rules however they want?

What did you do? Let me count the ways..

You operate barely within the rules. If it was my decision (which it isn't) you would get infracted (or at least warnings) for much more than you actually do.

You are the one who responded to this thread.
    Within the rules. You said it yourself. It doesn't matter to what degree, the rules are the rules and if you are operating in them then you're operating within them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    So now, do you feel that if it had been addressed the proper way to start with we would not even be here?
    Probably not, since if it was addressed properly he wouldn't have an infraction and none of us would be here. What rule was violated exactly?
    Last edited by mackynz; 06-24-2013 at 05:52 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mackynz For This Useful Post:

KMG (06-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

You guys can continue to think its cool to joke about hurting animals... but I don't think its cool, and I form opinions about people who so openly talk that way.

Within the rules? Sure. Doesn't mean you should talk that way.
    ~Steffe

Thanks

Small potatoes?

Steffe come on... You NEVER make any jokes about anything that could hurt someones feelers a bit?
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

You guys can continue to think its cool to joke about hurting animals... but I don't think its cool, and I form opinions about people who so openly talk that way.

Within the rules? Sure. Doesn't mean you should talk that way.
    I guess you have never been to a comedy show. Don't ever go, you are far to sensitive. I guess you never watch movies that have jokes involving animals. The dog in "Something About Mary" ended up in a body cast. I guess you wrote the director a letter explaining your disgust?

That thread is closed anyways. That is not the topic here.
    Last edited by KMG; 06-24-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

STjepkes (06-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I feel the mods have some leeway in enforcing the rules. If they felt an infraction was needed and assigned one, then fine. The person who got the infraction can appeal and ask for explanations.

But then this thread doesn't seem like anything but someone acting butthurt. If a mod responded in a "less than professional" manner, then you can take it to the admin and complain about how you were treated. Saying that a single infraction is "small potatoes" doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It doesn't seem like it's some big insult nor rude, but then I didn't get the infraction and I(obviously) have not read the entire PM to see how it might come off.

But posting a thread with vague "The mods are super mean!" type stuff makes the OP look like a whiny baby. You talk to the mods via PM, and if they are rude to you, you can go to the admin. If the admin says it's not a big deal, then you can live with it or leave the site.

Skirting the rules IS within the rules, but if you are continually skirting the rules purposely, then yeah, I can see the mods slapping an infraction or warning on you. It's like a little kid holding a finger two inches from another's face and claiming "I'm not touching you!".

Generally on a site, I go via PM about mods or admin behavior. If there's a pattern of lousy behavior from a mod, the admin or other mods should deal with it.

That's my $0.02. If the mods leave this thread, then folks will post on it, which is fine by me. But it's useless to jump up and down, spouting off opinions you've already stated, since you didn't see the PM referenced and you don't know what infractions were given by who.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

dillan2020 (06-24-2013),Kaorte (06-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    So BP.net is a comedy show now? Must have missed that memo where everything here needs to be turned into a joke.

I'm sorry I don't come to BP.net for comedic relief. That does not mean I am sensitive, because I am not. I just think the comments made were in bad taste. It is not something I would say in this kind of environment.

And no, I don't try try to make jokes in order to hurt peoples feelings... I try to be considerate.
    ~Steffe

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

alykoz (06-24-2013)

Thanks

Small potatoes?

Ok i'm done. I'm gunna just go "get over it". If thats the final word from whom i was issued the infraction, so be it. Arguing obviously isn't going to change anything. I really think some of you people on here need to grow a thicker skin though.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast