Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,398

1 members and 3,397 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: large exo-terra $25??!!

Mine says its in a warehouse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Thanked 9,865 Times in 4,781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Billy305 View Post
    I ordered mine last night around 7 pm eastern time on my cc and got a confirmation. No other emails yet but I really don't expect it to make it to my house at that price. Was hoping it would slip under the radar and out of their warehouse but it says items don't typically leave for 5-7 days. Plenty of time for them to stop it. Was worth a shot though.
    That's what I figured. Ordered two, see what happens. If they ship, fine, if not and my card doesn't get hit, no problem.

Thanks

Even ignoring the people who ordered three or more of these, its likely thousands of people tried to order one or two of them. Getting to the front page of slick deals killed the chance of this getting through just as much as people ordering hundreds of them. My educated guess is that before the price was taken down, Petco sold over 2-3 times as many of these cages overnight then Hagen has ever sold since they made the cage (its just not a popular size).

Assuming the impossible happens and Petco honors the deal and hagen has a full giant warehouse dedicated to just storing large tall enclosures, it would be interesting to see how it would effect the reptile economy. This would be the single largest event that puts an increase in demand for animals and decreases the demand for enclosures. Cages would be on CL for $100, then $70, then $40 as people trying to flip these giant bulky cages find that every person who could possibly want one has more then they need. Sales of all mid to large size reptile enclosures at regular retail price would grind to a halt and it would be years before the prices on cages stabilize.

And to those expecting to be angry when their cages don't show up, try to look at it in perspective. We all knew this was an obvious error when we placed hopeful orders. Would you be upset if at the supermarket the checker missed the three cases of soda on the bottom of the shopping cart, but the person checking receipts at the door noticed? People make errors, and with online sales, its easy and devastating to do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile Bob View Post
    Even ignoring the people who ordered three or more of these, its likely thousands of people tried to order one or two of them. Getting to the front page of slick deals killed the chance of this getting through just as much as people ordering hundreds of them. My educated guess is that before the price was taken down, Petco sold over 2-3 times as many of these cages overnight then Hagen has ever sold since they made the cage (its just not a popular size).

Assuming the impossible happens and Petco honors the deal and hagen has a full giant warehouse dedicated to just storing large tall enclosures, it would be interesting to see how it would effect the reptile economy. This would be the single largest event that puts an increase in demand for animals and decreases the demand for enclosures. Cages would be on CL for $100, then $70, then $40 as people trying to flip these giant bulky cages find that every person who could possibly want one has more then they need. Sales of all mid to large size reptile enclosures at regular retail price would grind to a halt and it would be years before the prices on cages stabilize.

And to those expecting to be angry when their cages don't show up, try to look at it in perspective. We all knew this was an obvious error when we placed hopeful orders. Would you be upset if at the supermarket the checker missed the three cases of soda on the bottom of the shopping cart, but the person checking receipts at the door noticed? People make errors, and with online sales, its easy and devastating to do.
    Are we saying it may be a reptile anarchy? Where cage rules apply to no man an the tank flipper is the new street hustler? Sorry I've been up to long please take this as the goffy smart a comment I ment it, no slight against you just went off your post so had to quote

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carlson For This Useful Post:

TheSnakeGeek (06-24-2013)

Thanks

no cancellation as of yet (:

Thanks

large exo-terra $25??!!

Just got a cancellation email. Ohh well it was worth a shot.

Thanks

large exo-terra $25??!!

Just got a email from pet co canceling my order and apologizing for the pricing mistake

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

large exo-terra $25??!!

Damn its started

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

large exo-terra $25??!!

It's odd that in the email they are saying I have not been charged but PayPal says different.

Has anyone been refunded yet?

Thanks

nope, im on the phone with em now, ill post after my tantrum.
    Last edited by dr del; 06-25-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: replacing censor bypass

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast