Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,116

2 members and 3,114 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,132
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: large exo-terra $25??!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4theSNAKElady View Post
    See Ava? I told ya you didnt miss anything :p

sent from my incubator
    Yeah dude, thanks for that hahah. My mom talked to Petco that night, and they already knew about the error when she was speaking with them. They told her all error orders would be canceled. Made me feel a bit better about not jumping on it, because then I'd be going through this headache of getting my money returned.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks

There is no reason anyone should be mad about this. We all new it was a mistake. If petco honored this, they would have lost millions of dollars. More then 10,000 cages were ordered, each cage at a loss of at least $100, plus a loss of at least $50 shipping per order. (Even ignoring the fact the Hagen wouldn't be able to fill those orders for years). Everyone who ordered one of these (myself included) was trying to exploit Petco's obvious mistake. Personally, I knew they would catch it, but ordered in the chance they would honor the sale for PR reasons (this was before I saw the insane numbers of sales they were making).

In my opinion, to be justifiably mad, you would either have had to have ordered it without thinking it was a mistake (in which case you might want to re-evaluate your common sense), or if you felt Petco did this on purpose, for whatever reason, and then backed out. We all make mistakes in life and in our jobs and should be able to relate to what happened here. You also have to ask what harm this did to you. If you spent money that you can't afford and NEED it back immediately, then it may not have been wise to purchase the cage in the first place, no mater the sale.

In knowing its a mistake, likely to be canceled, and knowing that most returns on credit cards take 3-5 business days, it shouldn't be a surprise that it will take some time to refund. As for the refund delay, blame your bank, credit card or other financial institution because stores like Petco have no control over it. They request the fund reversal as soon as they cancel the order and from there it is up to the banks.

I never thought I'd be defending Petco, but as a small business owner, I understand the lose-lose situation they were put in. If they are smart, they will build into their website a system that requires whoever enters the pricing data to have multiple confirmations to post online sales at prices under their costs, as well as a system that red-flags a product that has huge spikes in sales. Since Petco is far from the first to have had something like this happen, I'm surprised they don't have fail-safes already built in.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reptile Bob For This Useful Post:

dillan2020 (06-25-2013),Eric Alan (06-25-2013),Kaorte (06-26-2013),Sarin (06-26-2013),sho220 (06-25-2013),Willie76 (06-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile Bob View Post
    There is no reason anyone should be mad about this. We all new it was a mistake. If petco honored this, they would have lost millions of dollars. More then 10,000 cages were ordered, each cage at a loss of at least $100, plus a loss of at least $50 shipping per order. (Even ignoring the fact the Hagen wouldn't be able to fill those orders for years). Everyone who ordered one of these (myself included) was trying to exploit Petco's obvious mistake. Personally, I knew they would catch it, but ordered in the chance they would honor the sale for PR reasons (this was before I saw the insane numbers of sales they were making).

In my opinion, to be justifiably mad, you would either have had to have ordered it without thinking it was a mistake (in which case you might want to re-evaluate your common sense), or if you felt Petco did this on purpose, for whatever reason, and then backed out. We all make mistakes in life and in our jobs and should be able to relate to what happened here. You also have to ask what harm this did to you. If you spent money that you can't afford and NEED it back immediately, then it may not have been wise to purchase the cage in the first place, no mater the sale.

In knowing its a mistake, likely to be canceled, and knowing that most returns on credit cards take 3-5 business days, it shouldn't be a surprise that it will take some time to refund. As for the refund delay, blame your bank, credit card or other financial institution because stores like Petco have no control over it. They request the fund reversal as soon as they cancel the order and from there it is up to the banks.

I never thought I'd be defending Petco, but as a small business owner, I understand the lose-lose situation they were put in. If they are smart, they will build into their website a system that requires whoever enters the pricing data to have multiple confirmations to post online sales at prices under their costs, as well as a system that red-flags a product that has huge spikes in sales. Since Petco is far from the first to have had something like this happen, I'm surprised they don't have fail-safes already built in.
    Spot on. Couldn't agree more.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    Hammerhead or not... I filed a complaint in multiple areas including the BBB. When you won't honor an advertised price, and it angers 100's if not 1000's of people, you really need to re examine your policies.. In my hammerheaded opinion that is..

Complaining may actually cause a change. I recommend everyone who ordered does the same.

You must type Petco Animal Supplies inc into the search bar to find them on the BBB.

Their pricing policy is posted right on their home page: http://www.petco.com/

Pricing Errors and Omissions
    We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on our web site. When errors are discovered, we will correct them. Be advised that Petco reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including after an order has been submitted, after it has been confirmed, or after your credit card has been charged. If we discover a pricing error after your credit card has been charged and your order is canceled as a result of the error, your credit card will be refunded back the full amount of your order. You will be notified via email if your order has been canceled and be given the opportunity to place the order at the correct price. Please note that individual bank policies vary when the amount is credited back to your account. Prices and availability are subject to change without prior notice.

Petco is not responsible for any third party website pricing errors, product description errors, inaccuracies or omissions.

How could it be more clear?
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Konotashi View Post
    I filed a complaint with the BBB, PayPal, and I sent an e-mail to Petco directly, along with an unhappy phone call.

I wouldn't be such a pain if the money hadn't been taken out of my account!

Screen caps I caught, just in case.

as did i. i, looking forward to seeing what our resolution will be

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts

large exo-terra $25??!!

Filed PayPal dispute. Received refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

large exo-terra $25??!!

Haven't heard from PayPal or PetCo.

Thanks
    I have two canceled orders and one pending... They e-mailed me about 2 being canceled but no news on the 3rd.

11415*** 6/23/2013 $62.68 Order Cancelled
    11414*** 6/23/2013 $62.68 Order Cancelled
    11414*** 6/23/2013 $62.68 Order Sent to Warehouse

Meh, at least i wasn't charged for any of them.

Thanks

I understand that PetCo is being reasonable and reserves the right to cancel the orders, except for two majorly glaring problems. One, they found out pretty quickly that there was an error, some time around 8PM on 6/23 people were saying how they had called Petco and were being told they were aware of the mistake, yet it hung around on the website for AT LEAST 24 hours longer, and people were still able to successfully place orders at that price. Two, this was a MAJOR sale weekend for Petco. They do this sale every year about this time, so the only reason 10k of these things were ordered was because they were advertising a sale on the entire site and traffic volume was already way above normal. If somebody missed a digit on an item next weekend, I'd be amazed if half as many got sold in the same time frame. Now, even if they have a disclaimer you can find if you go hunting on their website, they've gotten a lot of people excited about getting an awesome deal. I, for one, am not going to get angry if I don't get the cages I ordered, because I recognized it as a mistake the moment I saw it, but thought I'd take a chance anyway. Not everyone else who ordered knew that it was priced in error, and they'll very likely take a hit by way of angry customers as a result. Will they lose as much that way as they would have by actually filling the orders? There's no telling.

Thanks

got an email saying its in progress? anyone else get this?

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast