Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,424

2 members and 3,422 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crohn's Disease

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Mine goes between 45-60. Depends on how bad it is outside. It's 93% humidity with a dew point of 66 right now so the tank is at 60% and its horrible horrible weather >_<

I was thinking of soaking it then when its done expanding I'll put it in a baking sheet and cover it with a screen and let it airdry outside. I need to cover it outside cause its very windy here and dont want it to blow away.
    0.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake *Princess Elysia*
    0.1 Miami Phase Cornsnake *Leila*
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thant's kind of what I did. The thinner the layer the better.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    How thick of a layer of this stuff are you supposed to have in the tank? And do you put something under it like a sheet of newspaper so you have something between the substrate and the bottom of the tank?

Tiger do you think you could post a picture of Indigo's enclosure so I can see? ^_^
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    As thick in the tank as you want. I started with just a thin layer to see how it worked. It's barely enough for him to burrow, but I'll be adding some more this week so he can burrow a bit more. I think I'll add enough to make 1/2 inch thick and see what I think. Right now I don't have any newspaper or anything under it, but I think someone else on these boards suggested that's what they do. Right now Indigo is in a rack setup, I'll try and get a pic for you soon.
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i think you might be confusing doing the deed with musking. my baby cali king dirty's up his substrate (paper towels) almost daily.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    yeah if you dry the eco earth (I'm actually going to switch to Bed a Beast after reading some reports of baby insects found in eco earth) before you put it in the humidity shouldn't be a problem.
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Okay here's a pic I just took of Indigo in his 32qt tub. He decided to move his hide and lay beside it.

Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    What exactly is musking? Is there actually a discharge (if so what does it look like)? I've heard that the smell is horrible so there's no mistaking if you've been musked - is this true? My MBK has done what I thought was just urinating on other people, but now I'm wondering if he was musking? didn't notice any strong odor with it.
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ah nice enclosure ^_^ That thing looks bigger then 32qt too o_O

I have that same exact green hide you do, only mines a 10" ^_^ But its too big for Elysia at the moment.

Elysia just did her business that makes me think the previous times were indeed something other then poo and some urates at least cause I just looked inside to check the temps and such and there was a big inch long unmistakeable piece of poo and she peed *or something* right through all 4 layers of newspaper so I had to clean her cage a second time today lol At least I know she poops 2 days after eating now o_O
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks! You know after I took the picture and posted it I thought it looked like a bigger sized tub too. But it is 32 qt. If he were stretched out it'd probably look smaller. He ate yesterday so he's digesting. I don't know why I keep giving him paper towel rolls. My Cal King and corn snake love them, but he's never cared. Cheap hides! With all the paper towels I go through cleaning water dishes, tubs, cages.... I figured I'd make use of the rolls somehow.

Just a note, I'm using Bed-a-Beast not EcoEarth. I didn't think it mattered, but the above post by Jonah is the 2nd fact I've heard to make Bed-a-Beast sound better than EcoEarth. I can't remember what the other thing I heard was, but I'm thinking I heard it from another post by Jonah. I'll have to find it.
    Crested Gecko

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast