Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,232

1 members and 3,231 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

The evolution of a tank by a new seriously paranoid snake momma (pic heavy)

Finally redone after a complete remodel. I did take a break with it long enough to get in her first successful feed.

Day 1:

First attempt:

Happy girl checking it out:

And the newest after trying to solve a humidity issue:

Went with the foil/tape lid trick... Thanks to my perfectionist man it's very neatly done. Was worried about the light, which is on a dimmer, but it's been 2 days and nights with no issues. Took out her second water bowl since now at substrate level the humidity is a little high at 63, big drop from the 90 when we first got it all back together. Backing is black squishy cloth like shelf liner. Temps are great...78 on cool side, 88 on hot. UTH set with Hydrofarm Thermostat set at 92.

Am I missing anything?

Don't see anything else changing for a while (unless i am missing stuffs) and god willing, I won't have any more issues with her so I'll go back to being a shy quiet lurker. Thank you all for the advice and guidance, it's made me stay almost sane while going through this.

Thanks

Re: The evolution of a tank by a new seriously paranoid snake momma (pic heavy)

Very nice...one thing u might wanna do is give him a place to hide on the kool side...
    MALES.. 1.0 Coral glow Mojave... 1.0 Coral glow Scaleless head... 1.0 Coral glow Het Pied.. 1.0 Orange dream pastel.. 1.0 Black head Pastel Rng Rg.. 1.0 Calico Yellowbelly.. FEMALES.. 0.1 Bumblebee Scaleless head.. 0.1 Black Pastel 66 Axantic.. 0.1 Leopard Lesser Pastel.. 0.1 Champange Pastel.. 0.1 Pastel Het Pied.. 0.1 Enchi… 0.1 GHI.. 0.1 Het Albino.. 0.1 Mojave.. 0.1 Normal....

Thanks
    Oh it's there in that back corner behind the water dish, but dark so you can't see it. He doesn't mind at all that it is different, still goes from side to side to thermo-regulate. But thank you, at least you looked and found a potential booboo. I'm kind of proud at how it's come along, can't wait to build her 'final' home which will be a fully automated cabinet. Thank goodness for handy husbands.

Now to sit back and wait for the novelty to wear off of the 17 year old so I can take full ownership of her and move her out to the living room. Should only be a few more months at best.

Thanks

Beware of the pretty little petsmart log. I know of two snake owners who have had to break the tree open because their snakes became trapped inside.
    TheSnakeGuy

- Python Regius -
    1.0 Spider Mojave - "Tweak"
    0.1 Mystic Pastel - "Oracle"

Wish List . . . .someday
    Lavender Albino Pied(Dreamsicle) Ball Python
    2. Albino Burmese Python
    3. Mystic Potion Ball Python(Breeders)

Thanks
    Found that out quickly and cut the top piece off. Very pretty but poor design for a snake. My son picked it and I never even thought at the time about her getting stuck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MsMissy View Post
    Found that out quickly and cut the top piece off. Very pretty but poor design for a snake. My son picked it and I never even thought at the time about her getting stuck.
    I had a corn get stuck in one. I just hot glued all the hollow parts that my snake could get stuck in. Just make sure the edges of the log are not sharp after cutting it.

Thanks
    Looks Good
    1.0 Normal (Drake)
    1.2 100% Het. Pied (2015 Male) . (Death of the Endless), (2015 Female)
    1.0 Pastel PH Pied (Dream of the Endless)
    0.1 Spider (Delirium of the Endless)
    2.2 Het Albino (Morph), (Destruction of the Endless) . (Despair of the Endless), (Marvel Girl)
    1.0 Mojave (Destiny of the Endless)
    0.1 Butter (Desire of the Endless)
    2.1 Pastel (2016 Male 1), (2016 Male 2) . (Pheonix)
    0.1 Cinnamon (Dark Pheonix)
    1.1 Piebald (Ice-Man) . (Emma Frost)
    1.0 Super Pastel Fire (Wolverine)
    0.1 Super Pastel Yellow Belly (Psyclocke)
    1.0 Albino Pastel (Colossus)
    1.0 Inferno (Cyclops)
    1.0 Banana Spider (Angel)
    1.0 Coral Glow (Sabretooth)
    1.0 Orange Dream (Havok)
    0.1 Jigsaw (Jean Grey)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Beast)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BHReptiles View Post
    I had a corn get stuck in one. I just hot glued all the hollow parts that my snake could get stuck in. Just make sure the edges of the log are not sharp after cutting it.
    We sanded the edges down really well, she wasn't stuck in it but it made me very nervous how far in she could stuff herself so erred on the side of caution. While my husband doesn't encourage my habits <all 4 legged or now scaly and breathing> he is very good to help and ensure things are done right.

Thanks

Looks good! A couple questions:

What is the the foil tape lid trick? I can sort of see (but don't understand) and am curious as I have a similar setup.

Also, you switched substrate, any particular reason?

Thanks!

Thanks
    The aspen seemed to dry out very quickly and felt like hay so I switched to reptibark. The foil/tape trick..... I found it here, will have to look for the link to the thread for it but essentially it a couple layers of aluminum foil with foil tape layered over it and formed to the screen top which helps hold humidity in the tank. The only part uncovered on mine now is the hole for the light, which unfortunately, I need for temp control and the door access. Some also add plexiglass which helps further, I don't intend for this to be her final home so didn't go that far.