Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,841

0 members and 2,841 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Thread: Building a rack

Thanks

Building a rack

In the next few months I'm going to building a rack. I want to make it 3 tall by 2 wide with smaller ones on top of that for my sand boas. I'm going to use separate stats for them because the smaller ones are for my sand boas. So for flex watt I'm going to put it at the bottom of each section towards the back, what size should I use? Also will 10g tubs work? There about the same size as I think 36q but a little bit taller. What kind of board should I use? I'm going to make it big enough to fit a 75g tank on top that houses my blue tongue skink. Also since I keep it about 65-68 in my house would putting a curtain on the front be okay to trap some of the heat in? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Building a rack

Quote Originally Posted by gator8811 View Post
    In the next few months I'm going to building a rack. I want to make it 3 tall by 2 wide with smaller ones on top of that for my sand boas. I'm going to use separate stats for them because the smaller ones are for my sand boas. So for flex watt I'm going to put it at the bottom of each section towards the back, what size should I use? Also will 10g tubs work? There about the same size as I think 36q but a little bit taller. What kind of board should I use? I'm going to make it big enough to fit a 75g tank on top that houses my blue tongue skink. Also since I keep it about 65-68 in my house would putting a curtain on the front be okay to trap some of the heat in? Any help would be much appreciated.
    I would not suggest building a rack if you're not going to heat the room or attempt to warm up the ambient temps. Mid 60s is WAY too low.

Thanks
    What would you suggest I do than?

Thanks
    You can use a space heater to bump your temps in the room your rack is in. There's a great DIY section on this forum with guides to help build racks.
    Black Pewter het Hypo Vestris; Black Pastel Enchi Zamira; Black Pastel Cheryn; Hypo Enchi Sofia; Lesser Pastel Eren; Super Mojave ???; Piebald Mako; Fire Vin; Pastel Estelle; Spider Hanji, Ezri; Normal Angelina, John, Aradia; Mojave Joe; Anerythreustic Kenyan Sand Boa ???; German Shepherd Dog Atticus; Rats Snowman, Colette, Calliope, Eliza, ???, ???

Thanks

Re: Building a rack

Quote Originally Posted by Inarikins View Post
    You can use a space heater to bump your temps in the room your rack is in. There's a great DIY section on this forum with guides to help build racks.
    Agreed. I would use a space heater or an oil-filled heater. Both need to be hooked up to a separate thermostat too. The DIY section has some great advice for people who have done this before. I don't have any experience heating a room because my room stays in the upper 70s to low 80s all the time.