Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,386

1 members and 3,385 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I love seeing breeds that were meant to work working.
    ~My Wishlist~

Balls Boas Other Pythons Others
    Pastave Lipstick Junglow Carpet Python Kingsnake
    Lesser Brazilian Rainbow Boa SD/D Reticulated Python
    Butter Pastel
    Green Tree Python
    Albino

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    Does anyone do French Ring sport?

I am so fascinated by it.
    It's similar to Schutzhund, but looks way harder.

Thanks
    The person on my team who owns Asta and Leon does French Ring. I think she only does it with Leon, but she does SchH with Asta and her other shepherd as well, I believe.

Leon failed a trial though, as he went after and ate the 'distraction steak' they had there. She was not a happy camper. She was like, "That was a $125 steak!"

That dog is intense. He's pretty goofy, but he's got drive out the flippin' wazoo. Once he's in work mode, you better stay out of the way!
    For a while, they had to have 4 people in the back to catch him when he came back from a run in a race, and we set up a baby mattress for him to slam into. When I was ball shagging at one tournament, his owner told me to tell the other team's shagger (a little girl) to get out of the way, 'cause he'll take you out. (Just by running into everything and acting like a living bulldozer).

I was thinking I might want a malinois one day, until I saw some in person. Those dogs are INSANE. There's a lot of mals in flyball with scars on their tongues from barking and snapping and they bite their tongues.
    Last edited by Konotashi; 06-17-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    ~My Wishlist~

Balls Boas Other Pythons Others
    Pastave Lipstick Junglow Carpet Python Kingsnake
    Lesser Brazilian Rainbow Boa SD/D Reticulated Python
    Butter Pastel
    Green Tree Python
    Albino

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Re: Anyone here do Dog Sports?

I met a woman who does French Ring and Schutzhund with her doberman. She did a small French Ring demo for us and it was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. I'd like to teach my dogs some of the techniques.

I think Belgian Malinois are really high strung. While I do like them, there is just too much intensity for me to own one personally. All of the Malinois in my club are crazy driven. The main helper has a female that just flies when she's going for the bite sleeve. Dutch Malinois too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Re: Anyone here do Dog Sports?

I have 1 female Mal that I took from a pup and trained all the way thru ScHh3. Whew, what a ride that was. She was super easy to train, but with all that drive how could it not be easy. The down side is there is not an off button to be found anywhere, she is 10 1/2 now and still has not slowed down. I knew a woman that trained with us several years ago that moved away and started in French Ring, but she has since dropped out of dog sport.
    It's nice to see a Dobie in the sport, we occasionally have one that comes to club that is really nice. Unfortunately, his owner is having some major health issues and has not been out in quite some time.
    Last Jan. I attended Phil Hoelcher's Schutzhund camp (great opportunity to get to work with some of the top trainer's for a week if you are interested in ever going) and there were several Dobies that came to camp from New Jersey.

Happy Training

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12