Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,127

2 members and 3,125 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda

Thread: More of Epsy!

Thanks

Red face More of Epsy!

Protective of her first kill =]

Kind of looks like a little reaper on the back of her neck =p

Sorry for being so large, couldn't wait to resize them to post :x Think it auto resizes well on this site tho, so not too worried ^__^ hope you all like the pictures, and hopefully tell me a little more about her!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skatanic For This Useful Post:

piedplus (06-15-2013)

Thanks
    Very nice!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Centexsnakes For This Useful Post:

Skatanic (06-14-2013)

Thanks

Re: More of Epsy!

More pictures! xD Didn't realize some of them weren't included =p

Anyone have guesses on what kind of ball she is? :s Can't find a real convincing looking match and haven't seen enough snakes yet to tell what patterns are prominent or what makes what. the closest I've seen was a fire mohave, i think, and it was only a clip on a video and other fires look different so don't trust the validity of the video/my judgement so much.

Thanks

More of Epsy!

Wild-type unless proven otherwise with some crazy looking hatchlings. Mojaves have a very distinctive pattern along the sides; the rosettes (circles) look more like doughnuts or balloons. A good example of a mojave is a greenish/grey body with a yellow dorsal stripe. The colors are also off for a fire; they are typically very "clean," creamy looking, and have blushed brown heads.

Mojave:
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/mojave/

Fire:
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/fire/

Thanks

Beautiful. Not sure I'm seeing a particular morph though. I love the patterns and 'dots' along the back.

Andy -

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chkadii View Post
    Wild-type unless proven otherwise with some crazy looking hatchlings. Mojaves have a very distinctive pattern along the sides; the rosettes (circles) look more like doughnuts or balloons. A good example of a mojave is a greenish/grey body with a yellow dorsal stripe. The colors are also off for a fire; they are typically very "clean," creamy looking, and have blushed brown heads.

Mojave:
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/mojave/

Fire:
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/fire/
    THANK YOU!! Finally something pointing me ANYwhere but the random internet! Also, thank you for describing the characteristics of each so I know which is which and what leads to what =] My baby's head has only slightly changed color from darky dark,to a pretty light/calm color, but she was shjedding when i got her so... yeah =p THANK YOU AGAIN [for actually responding ;p] And i hope to find more ut about lil Epsy now Honestly, she is waaay too docile to be wild type... plus i live in northerncalifornia... they aren't wild here =p

Thanks

More of Epsy!

Hahaha, sorry, to clarify- when I said "wild-type" I was referencing her color and pattern. It's interchangeable with "normal," but I subscribe to the same theory as Major League Reptiles about "normal" ball pythons having genetic potential that doesn't always express itself visually.

I think you were thinking of wild *caught*. :p

And you're very welcome for the information. I still have trouble understanding some of the subtle morph/genetic indicators when they're verbalized to me. I only started to understand what to look for after looking at hundreds of pictures. Someone here had plans to start a morph identification guide and develop some more standardized terminology, so hopefully they stick to it and it gets circulated soon.

Thanks
    She's very cute! Looks Normal/Wildtype to me, too, but she still has a very pretty pattern, and I love her belly!
    0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python 'Marcelene'
    1.0.0 Hypo Brooks Kingsnake, 'Limonchello'
    0.0.1 Western Ratsnake 'Sticker'

?.?.? Dubia Colony.
    ?.?.? Madagascar Hissing Colony
    2.0.0 Ferrets 'Ferris' & 'Steven'
    3 gallon planted tank
    1.0.0 Avicularia Avicularia 'Peter'
    0.0.1 Brachypelma vagans 'Little Dude'
    0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus 'Mr.Bitey'

0.1.0 Catahoula Pitbull Mix ' Imogen'

Thanks
    haha, Was kind of messing with you about her not being too wild Thanks for all the help and she liked all the compliments ^__^ I had gone thru that Morph forum and looked at every page and post... and then watched a bunch of videos on different morphs. There was one Mohave/Fire that looked soooo much like her from the side in the video... Can see the difference in the links posted though, so thank you soo much If I try breeding in the next few years I think I'd like to try to get her with either a Mohave or fire to hopefully blend their traits?? Still really confused about the possibilities of what comes out from clutches. [or if that's the right term o.O ]

I love her belly too!! ^__^ But really I'm pretty biased about my baby ;p Her marking are just sooo organized... Thought there was a chance she might have actually been something specific. Still loves her though and she's still special ;p Being a "wild one" fits her I guess

Thanks again for the help and comments!! You all rock!!