Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,326

1 members and 3,325 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Progress Pictures

Back in March I made this thread http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...take-this-deal and some of you asked for updates (particularly for the genetic stripe boy). The pictures from that thread have been moved to a different album and they no longer show up so I'll post some of the old pictures as well so you can see the progress. Some of them are still off feed but some of them are back on and doing really well so I figured it's time for an update on the ones that are showing a noticeable difference. I also want to thank Gale (Angllady2) as she's been a HUGE help with these guys and keeping me sane .

2012 Pastel male - He's been growing at an amazing rate and is much better now. He's a great eater and it didn't take long for him to beef up.

Then:

Now:

2012 Cinnamon Female - This girl is a bit feisty in her tub and likes to hiss and "S" up to give warning, but once she's up she's as sweet as candy. Loving her rats and starting to fill out nicely. Still a bit more to gain but she's working on it!

Then:

Now:

2012 Yellow Belly Male - This guy was so TINY and light when I first got him he was hatchling size but he's growing so quickly now. I'm really surprised at how big he is! He's a little picky on how his dinner is presented but once you know what he likes he's a really good eater. Very shy but sweet boy.

Then:

Now:

2009 Normal? Female - We're still not sure if this girl is a Normal or a Vanilla. She's much lighter than my other normals but she's pretty either way! This girl is still off feed but she's also gravid and we're expecting some eggs from her very soon! (Please Note: I was not the one that bred her and she won't be breeding again until she's back up to a good weight. These eggs are from retained sperm from a breeding that the previous owner did.)

Then:

Now:

2008 Normal Female - This girl is a bit cranky but I don't blame her. She's also gravid and we're expecting her eggs very soon. She's much lighter than I would like her to be but as soon as she lays her eggs I'll be working on beefing her up as quickly as possible. (Sorry about the quality of the picture)

Then:

Now:

2009 Albino Female - This girl is still off feed but she's shed twice now and her scales are much better and the nasty rat bite she had is all healed up now. She's being stubborn and food shy (she slithers away quickly when I present her with a rat) but I'm hoping that eventually she'll give in.

Then:

Now:

2011 Pastel Female - First I should say that her card in the first picture is wrong and this is a female... at least as far as I can tell by popping and probing her. The previous owner did say that one of the pastels is a female but was sold to him as a male so this must be the one he meant. This girl is FINALLY back on feed as of 2 weeks ago (using the tip from these forums to put a male shed in with her so THANK YOU!). Her last feeding was last night and she ate 2 rats instead of just one. She's much more alert and I am looking forward to her recovery for sure.

Then:

Now:

2012 Genetic Stripe Male - Last up is this guy who was very thin when I first brought him home. He's now in much better shape and never refuses a meal even while he's in shed. He's extremely curious and loves to come out of his tub right into your hand. This very pretty and very loved little man has earned the name "Sniper". With a few more good meals and some time, I think he'll be just fine.

Then:

Now:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueMoonExotics For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks for the update!
    Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowShredder For This Useful Post:

BlueMoonExotics (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: Progress Pictures

That's cool to see before and afters. Glad they are all doing well.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DooLittle For This Useful Post:

BlueMoonExotics (06-05-2013)

Thanks

So did the others originally listed (excluding the 2 spiders, butter and normal) pass away after you rescued them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Balls:
    0.1 '?? Normal
    0.1 '10 Pastel
    0.1 '10 Yellowbelly het Genetic Stripe
    1.0 '11 Lesser
    1.0 '09 Lesser
    1.0 '11 Fire
    1.0 '07 Spider
    1.0 '11 Black Pastel

1.0 '81 Husband
    2.0 '03/'10 Offspring
    Gravid with 1.0.1 twins due Oct 9th 2012

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AJs Snake House View Post
    So did the others originally listed (excluding the 2 spiders, butter and normal) pass away after you rescued them?

Nope, I still have them all, but they haven't all started back on feed yet so you wouldn't be able to notice anything in the pictures. They're all way more active than they were when I first got them, probably due to the fact that they now have heat and some of them were in tubs that were WAY too small. I just have to be patient and wait until they're ready to start eating for me. Some are starting to show interest in eating but I haven't convinced them to take it quite yet. The Pinstripe male that I got in this group wasn't too bad but he did really well and gained back all his weight quickly. However, he was extremely aggressive so since he was plumped up again and he was eating really well I traded him for a really nice spider with no wobble just the other day. Here is his pictures if you were wondering:

Then:

Recent picture:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    I am so very happy for you sweetie!!

I know you had your moments with these guys, and I am glad I was able to give you some help. Heaven knows I'm no expert, but I am happy to share what I know.

I am on the list for a baby from that Vanilla/Normal girl, right?

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

10. The Following User Says Thank You to angllady2 For This Useful Post:

BlueMoonExotics (06-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angllady2 View Post
    I am on the list for a baby from that Vanilla/Normal girl, right?
    LOL Of course! As long as I get my butter I'm happy lol. Funny thing is, I'm not even sure what all she was bred to since her card wasn't right (showed who was bred to who on the other females cards) so it'll be a surprise whatever comes out! I know the darker Normal was bred to the butter and a spider but that's all I really know for sure.

Thanks
    The Albino girl is a looker

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AntmReptiles For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Awesome! Good job! You saved a lot of lives.

Balls:
    0.1 '?? Normal
    0.1 '10 Pastel
    0.1 '10 Yellowbelly het Genetic Stripe
    1.0 '11 Lesser
    1.0 '09 Lesser
    1.0 '11 Fire
    1.0 '07 Spider
    1.0 '11 Black Pastel

1.0 '81 Husband
    2.0 '03/'10 Offspring
    Gravid with 1.0.1 twins due Oct 9th 2012

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AJs Snake House For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AJs Snake House View Post
    Awesome! Good job! You saved a lot of lives.

Thanks! That alone means a lot to me. It's not over yet but I have great hope that it only gets better from here.