Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,205

3 members and 3,202 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Kingsnake Classifieds - SCAM ALERT!!!!

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I recently came across an ad on KS classifieds by a guy going by the name Will Wohlers. He is trying to sell what he claims to be a proven female vanilla dh dreamsicle for $1600. He says that he got the snake from Josh Wolfe of Rare Creations. I sent him an email asking if the snake had any health/feeding issues and if it came with paperwork and photo ID for proof of genetics. He said he has paperwork from Josh, and that Josh guarantees the snakes genetics. Sounds great....but there is no trace of a company called Rare Creations when I plug it into various search engines. I searched fauna BOI and was initially stoked to see that several people claim to know/have purchased snakes from Josh Wolfe. Justin Kobylka posted a thread on fauna BOI in 2008 trying to locate him for a similar claim from someone trying to sell him a het albino. Justin told me he was never able to get ahold of Josh to verify the story. There are about 4 fauna BOI threads of people trying to locate this person to no avail. One phone number was provided by a guy claiming to know Josh Wolfe, and saying he's a good guy but the phone number he gave went to some random ladys telephone. This one seems to be too good to be true.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Post an inquiry on Fauna and see if anyone has anything to add.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

BPnet Senior Member meowmeowkazoo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Make sure you post as an inquiry, not a bad guy thread. People will jump on you if you do a bad guy thread without proof.
    [Python regius]
    1.0 Black Butter Pinstripe (Amazeballs), 1.0 Pastel Butter Leopard (Thunderbeeper)
    0.1 Spider (Charlotte), 0.1 Leopard (Spot), 0.1 Pastel (Buttercup), Fire Sugar (Abaddon), Crystal (Opalescence)

[Python brongersmai]
    1.1 T+ Albino (Kushiel & Carmilla)

[Boa imperator]
    1.0 Hypo 100% Het Leopard/66% Het Albino (Darcy)
    0.1 66% Het Leopard/Albino (Gabby)

[Colubrids]
    0.1 Cave-dwelling Rat Snakes (Betty Spaghetti)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: Kingsnake Classifieds - SCAM ALERT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
    Make sure you post as an inquiry, not a bad guy thread. People will jump on you if you do a bad guy thread without proof.
    LOL, that's an understatement.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 9,868 Times in 4,781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
    That's understandable since anyone searching on the name may just see "bad guy" subject lines and not bother reading to see what the real issue is/was. There are quite a few where the person who started the thread wasn't blameless either, and would have been wiser to not air their dirty laundry on a public forum.

Thanks
    I'm giving Will the benefit of the doubt. I paid him for his other female het, he's shipping her next week, and hopefully she'll prove out. Considering he has a public facebook for his furniture company (The Honey Hole), which someone can easily trace him to, I'm taking a chance. Might get burned, but I won't know until I receive the snake and prove her out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    I'm giving Will the benefit of the doubt. I paid him for his other female het, he's shipping her next week, and hopefully she'll prove out. Considering he has a public facebook for his furniture company (The Honey Hole), which someone can easily trace him to, I'm taking a chance. Might get burned, but I won't know until I receive the snake and prove her out.
    I really hope it works out for you, please let me know how it turns out. I sent him an email explaining that I was doing my routine background check to verify that Josh Wolfe had sold him the animal. I told him that I couldn't find Josh's contact info or website/business info anywhere. He replied that Josh's mom got sick and he had to sell most of his snakes and move. He did not offer me any contact/business info. He said the snake is guranteed by a laminated piece of paper from someone that hasn't been proven to exist. How is that a guarantee? He has not ONCE mentioned in his correspondence with me that HE guarantees the snakes genetics. It's a subtle difference in wording, yet a world of a difference in court. If somebody wants to post a BOI on fauna feel free. I don't have an account and have been extremely busy lately. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Thanks
    He said the snake is guranteed by a laminated piece of paper from someone that hasn't been proven to exist. How is that a guarantee??????

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koyeha View Post
    He said the snake is guranteed by a laminated piece of paper from someone that hasn't been proven to exist. How is that a guarantee??????
    You probably are not going to get the answers you seek by resurrecting this thread from the dead.
    OP has not been here since 09-18-2015 04:32

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (05-05-2016),LittleTreeGuy (05-05-2016),Slim (05-05-2016)