Quote Originally Posted by ironpython View Post
I didn't mean to start all this drama, we are using the forty gallon tank until we build the permanent enclosure. I breed balls and am well aware that different species require specific habitats to thrive. That's why I ask questions here to get advice along with my own research this tank I had is set up to provide proper temporary conditions. I have a topsoil sand mixture deep enough for the monitor to burrow should he desire, also I provided enough rocks and wood pieces for him to have plenty of hiding places. My temps are 130 in the hot bask I g area and he is doing well eating when ever offered shared crickets and Dubai's from our colony. He is fed now with tongs or from the dish we have provided. We found the monitor at a repticon show and hadn't planned on the purchase. My son is fifteen and helps my care for our ten snakes and twelve tub rat rack that we breed feeders for our snakes in. I made a comment and asked for some tips and didn't expect to be jumped by fellow herpers and called irresponsible reptile owners. You remind me of the tree huggers in another forum who dogged me for feeding live rats to my balls. You know self rightious beepers like you ruin these forums by acting like everyone is irresponsible for not doing things just as you do, even criticising zoologists. Are you a herpetologist or veterinarian or even a biologist, I'm just curious what are your credentials that make you think you can berate everyone who doesn't believe as you do.
Very well said. :Applause: