Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,990

2 members and 2,988 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Very nice work.
    1.0 Pastel 80g - Aro
    1.0 Het Pied Ringer 220g - Rango
    0.1 Het Pied 183g - ???
    0.1 Spider 223g - Silvia
    0.1 Normal 156g - Mella

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JDN For This Useful Post:

whispersinmyhead (05-13-2013)

Thanks

Re: DIY 41qt Rack build (WARNING! very pic heavy)

What were the dimensions of the rack overall and how much was for tubs compared to the shelf on top? Also, did these dimensions yield any excess pieces of melamine? Again great project

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to scooter11 For This Useful Post:

whispersinmyhead (05-14-2013)

Thanks
    Shelves were 16 3/4" x 35"

The rack sides are 48"h x 35"w.

I had about half a sheet of melamine left. Give or take.

Without the 3" bottom space (which has insulation styrofoam) and top storage you could one or two more tubs. Personally a closed rack design means you are going to be keeping it in a cooler room so I wouldn't sacrifice the bottom part.
    Jim

2.2 Ball Pythons
    Female Pastel (Gella), Female Butter (Khaleesi), Male Spider (Igor), Male Pastel Butter (Tig)

Reptiles
    1.0 Bearded Dragon (RIP Freddie)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to whispersinmyhead For This Useful Post:

scooter11 (05-15-2013)

Thanks
    One more thing. Buy your tubs first. Then measure yourself just in case. Also the cd spacers work very well. My bottom bin sticks a little because I have a little too much electrical tape on it. I will be correcting that soon.
    Jim

2.2 Ball Pythons
    Female Pastel (Gella), Female Butter (Khaleesi), Male Spider (Igor), Male Pastel Butter (Tig)

Reptiles

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts

That is a gorgeous rack you've got there! AWESOME job.

Sent from microwave via Tapatalk ll
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Coleslaw007 For This Useful Post:

whispersinmyhead (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Yea, I have one that I built for 16qts and 32qts. Its 6 1/2 feet high. I am looking to build something similar for 10 tubs. Wanted to ball park how much extra I would need. Also, the CDs proved inconsistent for me. I bought a piece of 3/16" pegboard and cut it to size of the shelf. Laid it on top of the tub, then put the next shelf down. That worked perfectly. Thanks again

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scooter11 For This Useful Post:

whispersinmyhead (05-15-2013)

Thanks
    I like that idea with the pegboard! May try that next time. The CDs worked well fr me but I was carefull to make sure they were rearing perfect across all corners. Pegboard would be easier.

The hard part is waiting to fill it up! I have a adult male spider (proven breeder) coming with in a week. Just waiting for better shipping weather. Hopefully picking up an adult female butter (proven breeder) soon too. My female pastel was my first snake and she is close to 1000 grams now so she will be ready next winter. I am excited to try breeding and seeing little hatchlings pop out!

Next project is an incubator and then a hatchling rack and then the 28qt rack. If we enjoy the breeding experience as a family (my wife and 8 year old daughter) then we may continue it the year after. My daughter is excited about hatching a baby for herself. I won't be doing this for a business by any stretch, purely hobby. The bumble bee and butter bees will be staying with us. I want to keep a normal too. The rest will go to loving homes. I am totally stoked. Feel like a little kid waiting for Xmas. Wish I got into these years ago.

It's late here. I am dome babbling.
    Jim

2.2 Ball Pythons

Reptiles

Thanks

Yes, I too have to build an incubator for next season. I've had balls but never tried breeding them. I was big into boas the last ten years, no incubator necessary, haha. I've since got rid of my boas and moved to balls. Space became an issue and so this works out better. The cages I built for the boas were huge and took up to much space.

Thanks
    Within the last year I have taken every opportunity to handle as many different snakes as I could. I really enjoy boas but at the end of the day balls are still my favorite. I love how chill they are and honestly I love how they easily change people's opinion of snakes and reptiles. I have ha almost 10 people (friends and family) that didn't like (or were very scared of) reptiles. Most really had a fear of snakes and 6 now want to have, or already have a ball python or another snake/lizard as a pet. If I ever have a larger place to live I would like one BCI boa. Peruvian long tailed would be great. One nice big cage in the living room. Unfortunately I said that with my ball python and now I want 6-10 to have as pets. oh how quickly the addiction takes hold.
    Jim

2.2 Ball Pythons

Reptiles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12