Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,345

3 members and 3,342 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Seriously, FedEx?

Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    Email chris@cserpents.com. He will build custom cages and delivers to the Atlanta shows.
    Just sent him a message. Thanks!

Thanks
    My Experience with FedEx

I only had 1 delivery with a snake and that was Rose Red. The driver left her in my landlord's office (which my landlord called me). No problem there,

But I have had problems getting monthly medical supplies.

The first two times, they would leave the "we missed you, sign here for us to leave it at your door step card" (keep in mind for three years, FedEx had always left packages in my landlord's office)

The third time was the problem. The driver did leave the package in my landlord's office, but didn't leave a note and my landlord didn't call me. It had been sitting there for two days and I was unaware. Failure on both FedEx and my landlord's office, and taught me not to assume a worker at the landlord's office will call me like they normally do. Now I have that monthly package shipped though the UPS since they can actually get into my apartment building.

Needless to say, I have my snakes on hold at a near by FedEx location.

Not the worst experience, but enough for me not to trust the FedEx driver.
    0.1 Blood Red Corn Snake (BHB)
    0.1 BRB (Elegant Reptile Images)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    I've had live snakes shipped to me 3 times now, and so far each time went well, but we also have a slightly different set up from most people which requires us to be more vigilant. Our house is set back off the street, behind another house, with just the driveway going to the street. At the top of the driveway is a gate, which delivery workers will not go through unless it is open (regulations I guess). So when we are expecting an important delivery, we do three things:
    1) Leave our phone number on the shipping instructions to be called when they arrive.
    2) Listen closely for the driveway alarm to go off.
    3) Obsessively check the tracking for any and all updates.

So far so good.

Now non-snake deliveries I've gotten... oh the stories I could tell. Once had a saddle shipped to me. ALL over the box it has markings with "FRAGILE" and "THIS SIDE UP". It was a Western saddle, so not exactly light either. I hear the UPS driver blaring at his horn so I run outside to get my package, knowing what it was. I get out just in time to see the box with my saddle come flying over the gate, landing with a loud thud on its side. And before I could yell at the driver he was in his truck and gone. Took me less than a minute to get out the door, so it wasn't like he was sitting there waiting. I was #&*^$&#^*# mad. Thankfully he didn't break my saddle.
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

Thanks
    Well, we are talking about the same people responsible for this:

Thanks

Not that this involves a live reptile, but in prep for selling one of my snakes, I purchased a shipping kit. The driver didn't even deliver it to the right house (the address was correct on the package). In fact, the package wasn't even delivered in the right neighborhood. I was waiting for it and I got an e-mail at 8:21 pm saying the package was left on my doorstep. It wasn't there so I called FedEx and they were like "There's nothing we can do since the tracking information says the package was delivered." I had to file a claim. Luckily, whoever got the package was kind enough to track down my address and return it to me.

I've noticed that FedEx tends to cut corners. :/

Thanks
    At least they're not as bad as the USPS. I despise them so much.

Thanks

My first snake came from UPS no issues....my second snake was shipped using fedex, The morning he was supposed to be delivered he wasn't I just assumed they were running late so I went to work 4 hrs later I had my girlfriend call fedex to find out what was going on since the tracking information said he had been in town since 6 am that day....they told us he was still at the fedex office and would not be delivered that day but the next day so I said forget it took an extended lunch from work and went to go pick up my boy once I got there the lady at the desk told me he wasn't put on the truck for delivery that day because he arrived too late "around 2 pm" (of course like i said tracking information had him there at 6am) to make matters worse she think ignores the sign that clearly says perishable on the box and begins tossing my box with my ball between her hands. Long story short Fed Ex sucks in my opinion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by callmemacc View Post
    My first snake came from UPS no issues....my second snake was shipped using fedex, The morning he was supposed to be delivered he wasn't I just assumed they were running late so I went to work 4 hrs later I had my girlfriend call fedex to find out what was going on since the tracking information said he had been in town since 6 am that day....they told us he was still at the fedex office and would not be delivered that day but the next day so I said forget it took an extended lunch from work and went to go pick up my boy once I got there the lady at the desk told me he wasn't put on the truck for delivery that day because he arrived too late "around 2 pm" (of course like i said tracking information had him there at 6am) to make matters worse she think ignores the sign that clearly says perishable on the box and begins tossing my box with my ball between her hands. Long story short Fed Ex sucks in my opinion
    That's the point where I would've looked her right in the eye and said, "Are you out of your effing mind?".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosAffect For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAffect View Post
    I wish it was more convenient to pick it up at the hub, but it would involve driving for an hour. Ugh.
    Where do you stay? There's a hub off of Franklin Rd in Marietta. I forget what part of Atlanta you were from, back from our vaping days!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Where do you stay? There's a hub off of Franklin Rd in Marietta. I forget what part of Atlanta you were from, back from our vaping days!
    Lawrenceville. Closest one is in Norcross.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast