Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,445

2 members and 3,443 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,866 Times in 4,781 Posts

Re: Seriously, FedEx?

Quote Originally Posted by markb50 View Post
    The Fedex hub is twenty miles from me but I always have them held for pick up at the hub........
    Based on the info in this thread that's exactly what I did for the pewter BP that I purchased. My husband picked her up at the hub this morning 40 minutes after she arrived there. We're glad he did as it's going to be quite hot here later today, when she would have been on the truck for delivery.

This is the first one I've purchased that was shipped in, and I've been biting my nails since receiving the tracking number yesterday morning. I must say that the whole process went quite smoothly.

For those of you close to hubs where the FedEx employees are cool with snakes, count yourselves lucky. Once my husband told the counter people what was in the package to be picked up, none of them wanted to touch it!

Thanks
    You're technically not supposed to have them ship to you home for this reason.
    Drivers can be careless, they can leave your package at the wrong doorstep (there was a thread last year where this had happened to someone) where they can be stuck in the heat/cold all day until the owners of the household pick up the package (and hopefully return instead of opening it to find that there is a live reptile in their home now) or FedEx fixes their mistake.
    -Hanna :)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345