Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,477

1 members and 3,476 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    We offer a consistent and reliable 20% off the FedEx retail rate at ShipYourReptiles. As your volume grows, so can the discount. If you have a question about your rate, always feel free to contact me directly, I am happy to help- Robyn@ShipYourReptiles.com

I don't know what is going on at RE. Sometimes the rate is up, sometimes it is down. I can't remember the last time their "FedEx retail rate" figure was accurate.

We bring much more to the table than a discounted rate though.

We work VERY HARD to support the reptile industry. We offer unparalleled customer service. We offer an On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance program that is the only one of its kind in the industry, entirely self-funded. You won't find that with any competitors, including FedEx, UPS or Delta Dash directly.

We have a micro-donation program that allows you to donate as little as 50 cents per shipment to USARK and PIJAC, money that goes to protect your very future to keep, breed and ship reptiles. In just a few months we have sent over $2000 to those organizations. We are super proud of that program, we can all make a difference, only 50 cents at a time!

We pay to advertise at dozens of reptile, amphibian and invert forums, we buy tables at the largest reptile shows of the year, and we donate free shipments to fund raisers, charity causes and other benefits throughout the year.

We are developing a new scholarship program now that will provide COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS for young herpers looking to further their education. (Exciting!)

I spend a lot of time each week answering questions about reptile shipping at forums and Fb pages, we are looking to help folks with the proper shipping info whether you are our direct customer or not.

Competitive companies don't do any of that. We work VERY HARD to support the reptile industry. We are the industry leader, and we strive to set the best possible example. We provide the tools, knowledge and support for folks to ship their live reptiles and amphibians safely and responsibly. We deeply appreciate each and every customer, and we would love to have your continued support.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

AGoldReptiles (09-04-2013),FireStorm (07-01-2013),GHOST_584 (06-28-2013),JLC (07-01-2013),rabernet (07-01-2013),reptileexperts (06-25-2013),SlitherinSisters (06-28-2013),Wapadi (09-04-2013),youbeyouibei (06-29-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: SYR vs. Reptiles Express: MAJOR price difference

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    We offer a consistent and reliable 20% off the FedEx retail rate at ShipYourReptiles. As your volume grows, so can the discount. If you have a question about your rate, always feel free to contact me directly, I am happy to help- Robyn@ShipYourReptiles.com

I don't know what is going on at RE. Sometimes the rate is up, sometimes it is down. I can't remember the last time their "FedEx retail rate" figure was accurate.

We work VERY HARD to support the reptile industry. We offer unparalleled customer service. We offer an On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance program that is the only one of its kind in the industry, entirely self-funded. You won't find that with any competitors, including FedEx, UPS or Delta Dash directly.

We have a micro-donation program that allows you to donate as little as 50 cents per shipment to USARK and PIJAC, money that goes to protect your very future to keep, breed and ship reptiles. In just a few months we have sent over $2000 to those organizations. We are super proud of that program, we can all make a difference, only 50 cents at a time!

We pay to advertise at dozens of reptile, amphibian and invert forums, we buy tables at the largest reptile shows of the year, and we donate free shipments to fund raisers, charity causes and other benefits throughout the year.

We are developing a new scholarship program now that will provide COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS for young herpers looking to further their education. (Exciting!)

I spend a lot of time each week answering questions about reptile shipping at forums and Fb pages, we are looking to help folks with the proper shipping info whether you are our direct customer or not.

Competitive companies don't do any of that. We work VERY HARD to support the reptile industry. We are the industry leader, and we strive to set the best possible example. We provide the tools, knowledge and support for folks to ship their live reptiles and amphibians safely and responsibly. We deeply appreciate each and every customer, and we would love to have your continued support.
    Ugh, I thought my post went through the day when I thanked this one. Bare with me here, our power was on and off that day.

It's nice to read all the stuff you guys do for our hobby. I have let myself be bullied into using other shipping methods to save money. A good deal is big weakness of mine I don't have a problem spending a little more money to support a business that does a lot for me/the hobby. Thanks for the info Robyn!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

Robyn@SYR (07-12-2013)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

SYR vs. Reptiles Express: MAJOR price difference

Robyn, you guys rock in my book. I love the insurance SYR offers, and the fact that y'all have been pretty willing to deal with me when I'm needy.

I have never checked prices at RE (and I'm not knocking them, don't get me wrong) because I just like SYR. Even if I am paying a little more, it is worth it to me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FireStorm For This Useful Post:

Robyn@SYR (07-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SquamishSerpents View Post
    Keep in mind in order to use Reptile Express services you need to buy the box and packing material from them (this is how they were able to get the contracts with the couriers) and the smallest box will run you $17+shipping to get the packing materials to you(about $24 last I checked) so that puts your price at $104 for Reptile Express
    that is not true, I have shipped several times with RE and my own packaging that meets their standards with no troubles.
    iHerp profile
    Check out my reptiles on the iherp link above or FB below
    Rhacosaurus Gex

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAffect View Post
    So I'm getting ready to ship some Balls for the first time and since I don't have the certification necessary I was going to ship through SYR. Went and checked their web site and to ship a 16x16x8 box weighing approximately 2lbs they want $103! This seemed high to me so I poked around a bit, stumbled upon Reptiles Express and went through the process with them. $63. These weren't quotes, I went all the way to checkout on both sites.

I contacted SYR and they claim their rates are correct. So what's the deal? Is SYR gouging, or are the foks at Reptiles Express just uber-generous (or really good at negotiating a discount with FedEx!).

Thought I'd share this with y'all and get your input.

Both are great companies but have their own contracts with fedex. I am very happy with reptilesexpress and have had amazing customer service and the 'quoted' price on their main page has always been 100% accurate for my shippments.
    iHerp profile
    Check out my reptiles on the iherp link above or FB below
    Rhacosaurus Gex

BPnet Senior Member SquamishSerpents's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    that is not true, I have shipped several times with RE and my own packaging that meets their standards with no troubles.
    You really should read the entire thread before digging it up from the grave, lol. It has already been established that I was talking about Reptile Express in Canada (AWESOME COMPANY by the way!!) and this thread was talking about Reptiles Express in the States, which I believe are totally different companies. At the time of this thread I was not aware that there was a Reptiles Express.
    Last edited by SquamishSerpents; 09-04-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks

The RE math is wacky a lot of the time.

Use FedEx.com to quote the actual retail rate on a package. Compare that to what is shown as the retail rate on both sites. I don't know why RE can't figure out what the retail rate is, but that is not the kind of predictability, reliability and execution I am looking for in a company.

Thanks
    Yeah.. It's an older thread but might as well add my two cents while its bumped. Reptiles express to me has hands down better customer service. I dealt with SYR for a long time but the last two years they claim to have the best customer service but 98% of the time i tries to contact them or I had a problem I couldn't get a real person. I got an answering machine saying the same typical BS you would expect "oh we are sorry we missed your call blah blah blah." And then would never get a call back or when i had a problem and could actually get a person on the phone they say let me check and ill call you right back.. Doesn't happen.. and I've had to just call FedEx hubs myself. With SYR you are just another number and they treat you that way. On the other hand with reptiles express I ALWAYS get top notch service. You call them and you get a real live person, if you have a problem they say let me call you right back and they absolutely call you back within 5 minutes. You feel like an actual important customer. And the prices are ALWAYS $15, $20, I've even seen $30 cheaper one time. It's ridiculous. SYR is just out th make a buck off of you where as reptiles express cares about the service they are providing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zach_24_90 View Post
    Yeah.. It's an older thread but might as well add my two cents while its bumped. Reptiles express to me has hands down better customer service. I dealt with SYR for a long time but the last two years they claim to have the best customer service but 98% of the time i tries to contact them or I had a problem I couldn't get a real person. I got an answering machine saying the same typical BS you would expect "oh we are sorry we missed your call blah blah blah." And then would never get a call back or when i had a problem and could actually get a person on the phone they say let me check and ill call you right back.. Doesn't happen.. and I've had to just call FedEx hubs myself. With SYR you are just another number and they treat you that way. On the other hand with reptiles express I ALWAYS get top notch service. You call them and you get a real live person, if you have a problem they say let me call you right back and they absolutely call you back within 5 minutes. You feel like an actual important customer. And the prices are ALWAYS $15, $20, I've even seen $30 cheaper one time. It's ridiculous. SYR is just out th make a buck off of you where as reptiles express cares about the service they are providing.
    Wow, I am really sorry you feel that way. We have multiple customer service reps on hand, and we make it a point to return all calls and messages immediately.

You are definitely not another number, and we are not out to "just make a buck off of you", we are actually leading the way and setting the standard for safe and reliable live reptile shipping.

You wouldn't believe how often we get this message- "Hey, I have a question, call me back", and with no name or number. I have seen that happen for 20 years in the industry. Or sometimes you end up talking to a customer that says "I called you 5 times, and no one called me back!". Did you leave a message? "No." Okayyyyyyy.

Unless you have done something like that, you should have a live person on the phone/email, or get a call back within minutes.

You are not our customer, but I am happy to spend some time on the phone with myself to try and identify what the problem has been in the past. Feel free to contact me directly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

zach_24_90 (09-04-2013)

Thanks

Wow, I am really sorry you feel that way. We have multiple customer service reps on hand, and we make it a point to return all calls and messages immediately.

You are definitely not another number, and we are not out to "just make a buck off of you", we are actually leading the way and setting the standard for safe and reliable live reptile shipping.

You wouldn't believe how often we get this message- "Hey, I have a question, call me back", and with no name or number. I have seen that happen for 20 years in the industry. Or sometimes you end up talking to a customer that says "I called you 5 times, and no one called me back!". Did you leave a message? "No." Okayyyyyyy.

Unless you have done something like that, you should have a live person on the phone/email, or get a call back within minutes.

You are not our customer, but I am happy to spend some time on the phone with myself to try and identify what the problem has been in the past. Feel free to contact me directly.

I should note Robyn it was not you. And I am by no means saying you guys are bad people it's business and having a business degree and being in that world I get that. But that was just my experience. I'm in customer service in a way and I know it happens, it shouldn't , but it does. And just dealing with a live animals, time is a very important factor so I kind of just moved away to reptiles express after talking To some friends of mine this were with them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123