Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,291

1 members and 3,290 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Kassina Maculata Questions and Help Needed.

Just recently purchased a "Tiger Legged Tree Frog" from the pet store, just to go home and do some research and see that its not a tree frog but a non-arboreal Kassina Maculata (Red Legged Walking Frog). Its a small juvenile.

Iv found several care sheets all sighting 75-85 degree temps and higher humidity around 80%. Anyone have any additional information and experience with these frogs? I have him set up in a 10gal exoterra with screen top. Coconut fiber bedding, with moss over the majority of it, a cork bark half log with moss bedding, exoterra UVB 2.0 ulb for day and a black low-wattage at night, 3 imitation plants, and a shallow water basin. I mist it heavily 2-3 times a day to keep humidity up. Day time bulb keeps temps around 76 degrees and night times slightly higher because of the bulb.

I got him set up Tuesday and hes only been out once to reburrow in a different area of moss/dirt. I don't believe hes ate, offering small calcium dusted crickets. Is this usual for their acclimation period?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

xbox live: plu7o
    steam: plu7onium

Thanks
    It was out tonight, has a fat belly so I think hes knabbed up some of the crickets that I left with him. Got some pictures.

The Terrarium:

Him/Her:

Last edited by txdrop; 05-03-2013 at 03:54 AM.

xbox live: plu7o
    steam: plu7onium