Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,223

2 members and 3,221 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Snake Photo Therapy *DUW*

I already posted this over on iHerp, but I wanted to share with more people because I'm just so dang proud of how they turned out.

Saturday was the worst day I've had in a LONG time. I overslept (by an entire hour) and had to spring out of bed, crate the dogs, and run out the door without a shower or breakfast. I'm entirely dependent on my shower to be conscious in the mornings, so as soon as I walked in the door at work (only 5 minutes late) I went straight to the coffee pot. Somebody had thoughtfully "set" it for me the night before, so I hit start and go about cleaning up after the clinic cats. For whatever reason, this was the wateriest coffee I've ever seen. I could see straight through it, like strong tea. So I downed about 3 cups of it and was still feeling super terrible, stinky and gross from not having showered, holding big hairy dogs for exams all day to add to the fun. At the end of the shift this former employee whom I despise showed up to say hi to everybody and that just set me right over the edge. When I got home I finally got to take my shower and poured myself a nice BIG glass of wine. Then I decided that the perfect way to cool off would be to take some greatly over-due pictures of my babies. I ran out of daylight before I could get to my four newest additions, but since they're still in quarantine that's fine by me. So here they are!

Rhea, female Pastel. This is my oldest female, my second snake, and a fasting jerkface since mid-December. I'm in love with the way you can see her reflection in the katana in some of these.

Rhaego, male Lesser, is my youngest baby, a gift from my wonderful boyfriend. He had a great time playing in the jar, and I think these pictures are adorable.

Dionysus, male Normal. He was my first snake, and will always be my favorite. I used to work at a pet store, and this little guy was quite the escape artist there. He would get out of his enclosure, and I was the only one who could ever find him. One day he had wrapped himself up underneath the shelf of the rack he was in, waaaay back in the corner above the lights for the shelf below his. As I reached back to grab him, my temple made contact with the exposed ends of the lightbulb and I got quite a painful shock to the head, but I was able to grab him immediately after. So I sat in the office at work seeing stars and trying to stay conscious with this tiny ball python in my hands, he was maybe 150g at the time, and I decided then and there that he was mine. The start of an addiction. Here he is now, over 1400 grams. I had to pry him off the easel, he loved it.

Vrtra, male Pinstripe. He is the only one of my snakes so far to have bitten my boyfriend. I got him from the Oaks PA show in September 2011, and I'm always impressed with his color whenever I take him out. He's the creamiest caramel color, and I can't wait to see what beautiful babies he'll produce.

Myrina, female Cinnamon. She was sooo tiny she first arrived, she was difficult for the breeder to start out of a surprise clutch, but I couldn't be happier with her. She's grown so much, from just over 100g the day I got her to over 1000g now, and still a faithful and strong eater. She's always hungry, and I love it.

Gerudo, female Mojave. The boyfriend insists that her name is actually Gobi. Either way, she's quite a troublemaker. She was the first of my snakes to bite me, the day she arrived. She wanted absolutely nothing to do with having her picture taken, refused to sit still, had to be coaxed off of the hanging planter, and on the way back up the stairs to the reptile room she snagged the hand rail, climbed up it, and tried to do battle with the cat at the top of the stairs.

That's all for now! It turned out to be the perfect way to unwind after such a stressful day, and I can't wait to do it again with the other four. Not pictured are 1.1 normal and 1.1 mojave, won from the iHerp auctions to raise money for Rico Walder. They're quite the lookers as well.

Thanks for looking!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SaintTawny For This Useful Post:

4theSNAKElady (04-30-2013),Andybill (04-30-2013),Archimedes (04-30-2013),BeccaBurrr (04-30-2013),dart (05-01-2013)

Thanks

Re: Snake Photo Therapy *DUW*

Sounds like a rough day. Those are some great shots of your snakes. I dig your lesser boy. Might you be a vet tech I'm guessing?
    TheSnakeGuy

- Python Regius -
    1.0 Spider Mojave - "Tweak"
    0.1 Mystic Pastel - "Oracle"

Wish List . . . .someday
    Lavender Albino Pied(Dreamsicle) Ball Python
    2. Albino Burmese Python
    3. Mystic Potion Ball Python(Breeders)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Great pics! I especially love the ones with the Lesser in the jar.

Thanks

Re: Snake Photo Therapy *DUW*

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeGuy View Post
    Sounds like a rough day. Those are some great shots of your snakes. I dig your lesser boy. Might you be a vet tech I'm guessing?
    Thanks! I'm a veterinary assistant, which means I'm not licensed as a tech but I do most of the same things. Most days aren't so rough but there's something special about feeling gross and dirty BEFORE getting peed on by a patient, especially while insufficiently caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    Great pics! I especially love the ones with the Lesser in the jar.
    I'm really happy with how the Lesser's pictures turned out. He really enjoyed playing in the jar and I love how tiny it makes him look. He's still not very big, just over 300g, but the slight fish-eye effect from the jar just makes him look so little.

The only trouble now is I feel like I'll have to top this session when I bring out the other four next time, and I've used up all the fun props I found!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts
    Awesome neato pictures my friend! At first, I couldn't find the snake in the first shot....I was like, all I see is a big fluffy thing! I cant decide which I like best. Theyre all kewl. And ur mojo is very pretty. And if you had THAT bad a day, you shoulda called/texted me....
    P.S....we definitely gotta do the Stewarts thing again soon...
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    I like your pics! I love to see snakes on more than just a white or black background I think it shows off their true colors much better! And their size

Sorry you had such a crummy day! But it is always nice to come home to the animals And wine
    ~Steffe