Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,193

3 members and 3,190 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    20 long is the minimum I'd go with
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaurkharim
    There is only 1 reptile show "near" me, and its on July 18th in White Plains NY.

The only problem is its a 2.5hr drive, and with the horrible traffic, it turns into a 4-5 hour drive, and thats just 1 way. I don't have the time to do that, I'd much rather invest some extra cash into a respectable breeder online to get it delivered here in a day.
    That's right - I remmeber now!
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    No problem tiger No need to feel embarrased

So you see I have no real problem with spending extra for shipping, it would end up costing me more in gas to go to that reptile show as it is.
    Problem is finding that perfect breeder, still waiting for snakesatsunset.com to reply ^_^

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Keep me updated!
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Dern those snakesatsunset.com peoples >_<

They only have 1 email address that I can see, and I got a notice back of delivery failure which means their email isn't there anymore T_T

So I guess I'll just wait until Monday or Tuesday and call them, seeing as they only ship between Monday-Thursday >_<

Out of the 3 reputable websites you gave me at kingsnake.com forums:

East Bay Vivarium charges an arm and a leg for shipping, between $55-$115 just for shipping + handling charges

Renegade Reptiles is all sold out of MBK's

I've already talked about snakesatsunset.com

The other 4 you didn't know anything about:

Exoticsbynature.com didn't have a list of currently available snakes.

S & N Reptiles seem to only sell their snakes in pairs, and I don't have the space for 2 tanks at the moment, not to mention their females are 10-20% more expensive.

BHB Enterprizes shipping is slightly on the expensive side, and you have to pick it up at the airport, and if you want it delivered to your door, its more expensive.

And Isis Reptiles only sells in pairs as well, and have no shipping info at all o_O

So frustrating finding a good online breeder, wish they would just have a reptile expo closer to me, and sooner too.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I had no idea shipping could be that high. I hope you get in touch with sunset soon. Makes me glad I do have a reptile show near me. Have you tried finding a corn or are you looking for MBKs first?
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well I am kinda torn. I would like a Blizzard Corn, but they seem to be even harder to track down then MBK's. At this point I'm favoring an MBK only because its jet black, and I love anything that is that black ^_^ Plus, it looks like it was sent from Hell to consume my soul O_O

Plus, my tub is already at the 85-90* on the hotside and 75-80* on the cool side so as far as I know thats good for MBK. I'm pretty sure Corns are lower then that? 80-85 on the hotside?

Anyways, Mexican Black Kingsnake sounds cooler, not to mention I can just use its initials and have everyone know what I'm talking about without typing that whole thing out ^_^
    0.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake *Princess Elysia*
    0.1 Miami Phase Cornsnake *Leila*
    0.1 Ball Python *Boo*

Banned
    Thanks
    Can't go wrong with a normal. They're nice looking by themselves. I recommend a crimson corn tho, those are extremely beautiful.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, hopefully sunset will come through for you. I just love my MBK - I wanted an all black snake as well and settled on that species. I also wanted an all white snake. I had a few species in mind but when I saw my snow corn I was in love and figured that's close enough.

I'd also recommend an Okeetee Corn or Bloodred - they'd be my next choice if I got another corn. They're gorgeous. So Cornutopia and SouthMountain don't have any available?

I just remembered another breeder - can't believe I forgot them. I've heard lots of great things about them and their animals: http://www.cherryvillereptiles.com/
    At least I don't think I gave their link to you :?:
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well Cornutopia has Blizzards but a female blizzard will cost $81 plus shipping.

None of the other Corn's really appeal to me except the Bloodreds with the Diffused pattern, but those are $106 for a female >_<

And I can't get onto the southmountain website from the link you gave me over at kingsnake.

The MBK is perfect for me I think ^_^

I checked cherryville before and they have both MBK's and Blizzards, but I'm pretty sure their shipping is very expensive as well, as they only use Delta Dash of Airborne and they tend to be around 100$ shipping.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast