Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,396

2 members and 3,394 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: Epic's journey

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: Epic's journey

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    What a great set of photos! Thanks for updating this thread.

It looks like we have photographers in training of the same age. Do you have any suggestions from teaching your kid to shoot? (Please remember I'm not as skilled a photographer as you!) Do you let her use the "good" camera? I'm a bit protective of mine.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, so feel free to pm me or start another thread over in photography!
    So funny that you say that "protective". Yes, I very much so am of mine too. Lol, I don't like even hubby to use it. I do occasionally let my daughter use it if she is helping take pictures of the snakes. She has taken some pictures at the zoo. She has taken some pictures of her spiders. And I hover all the while reminding her not to drop it or touch the lens, lol (while slightly panicking inside :p). She does have a camera of her own to do whatever she wants with, but she likes mine better.

As far as tips, I'm not sure. I'm not a professional or anything. Just a girl with a nice camera that loves to take pictures. Heck, I still have not taken my camera out of auto mode. But I have been an avid picture taker her whole life, so she has grown up with me stuffing a camera in her face and watching me take pictures of everything. She seems to be developing a love for it too.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DooLittle For This Useful Post:

Libby (12-04-2013)