Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,089

1 members and 3,088 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
    Thanks

First Reptile Show Tomorrow!

Alright guys tomorrow morning my girlfriend and I will be attending our first ever reptile show! I literally feel like a 6 year old on Christmas Eve. I have my quarantine room set up, and I'm looking to purchase my first morphs. I really have my heart set on a nice male spider, and some nice female morph, maybe an albino or a real nice looking pastel. So to all the veteran reptile show go'ers out there, what should I expect to find there? What is the atmosphere going to be like? How do you think the vendors would be like? And what's your tips and tricks about scoring something nice? I'll make sure to post some pictures tomorrow of the new babies when I get home! I'm so excited!

Thanks

Re: First Reptile Show Tomorrow!

There will be all kinds of reptiles there. Everyone there is friendly and are there to have a good time, just as you will be. Take it all in, use the time you are there to meet fellow reptile lovers and build some friendships

Thanks
    I would recommend staying away from the breeders on the back wall, heard lots of bad things about them and there is negative feedback for them on the BOI. I have gone several times and the people there are great overall. Bob Futo is usually there, bought my male Suriname from him and he sells balls too, great guy. Happy hunting I will likely be there too with my daughter, her BP just passed away after an RI and we will be looking but not purchasing.
    2.0 Red Tail Boa (BCC) - Neil, Hermes (Suriname)
    0.1 Normal Ball - Moonlight (RIP)
    1.0 BEL (lesser x mojave)
    0.1 Pinstripe - Starlight
    1.1 Dogs - Champ, Megan

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ewaldrep For This Useful Post:

Montypython696 (04-20-2013)

Thanks
    Well if you happen to see a 22 year old guy frolicking like a child, that would be me. Thanks for the heads up about the back wall breeders (I'm assuming we're talking about the same one since you're from Stow, the Hummel Road show?). We'll be there at 10 when the doors open. Hope to meet you there!

Thanks
    Every show ive been to is wall to wall reptiles so while your looking look again and again because each go round you'll see something you missed the time before.

Thanks
    Yep, that is the one, I will keep my eyes open from frolicking young adults My daughter loves going there, one of the ladies always gives her a little key chain for free out of her bucket, probably free to her but my daughter loves it. A couple of shows ago one of the tables had an awesome snapping turtle, probably 30-40lbs or so. I like the show and I think you will find lots of great people there.
    1.1 Dogs - Champ, Megan

Thanks
    Awesome, I'm hoping to meet some good Ball Python breeders there, I would love to breed in the future. My girlfriend is also a gecko fan, (Cresties and Leachianus Geckos) she has hopes to breed one day as well. Also BOI? What's that?

Thanks

Re: First Reptile Show Tomorrow!

Take many laps around the show. Ask lots of questions. If you plan on breeding then be selective about what you want. Look for a nice 2 gene female and search for a male at the next show after you've put some thought into what you would want to breed with her. What you thought you wanted might change fast after seeing all there is to offer.
    TheSnakeGuy

- Python Regius -
    1.0 Spider Mojave - "Tweak"
    0.1 Mystic Pastel - "Oracle"

Wish List . . . .someday
    Lavender Albino Pied(Dreamsicle) Ball Python
    2. Albino Burmese Python
    3. Mystic Potion Ball Python(Breeders)

Thanks
    the BOI is the Board of Inquiry that you can find on FaunaClassifieds.com. It is basically as forum section were people post thier experiences with different people in the reptile industry. If someone does someone wrong, they post it there, and if someone does something right, it gets posted too. If you go to the site with a name, then you can check out what others are saying about them and then, ideally, have a more informed decision making process.
    1.1 Dogs - Champ, Megan