Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,383

3 members and 3,380 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Large breeds

Thanks
    That's great to hear that he's free and clear now and good to go! I hate to say it but at least he had the surgeries while he is young and can bounce back much faster than an older dog. I have all bull and terrier breeds and a Catahoula and a couple staghounds now, and I have an Am Bull as my 'watcher' over our acreage, but when my big boy goes one day, I'll likely be filling his spot with a Rottie. I've always admired their loyalty to family, and their intelligence.

That letter is the type of thing I DON'T miss from living in the city. We are way off the beaten path now out in the sticks and I couldn't be happier for us and the dogs, lol. If he was that terrified of your dog, he'd not walk the fence line....nor would he antagonize the dog by yelling at him. You should print one of those pamphlets that they make for kids on how to act around strange dogs and tape that to your fence for him, lol. I'm also on the same page as our dogs being good judges of character. I'd put a camera out though, facing the fence line, because that really would make me concerned that he may 'sabotage' some sort of incident in an attempt to try and get your dog in some kind of legal trouble. Sad to say, but true. Make sure he's up to date on his rabies vaccine as well, and wears his tags if your county requires them to do so. Just cover ALL bases, JUST in case animal control comes knocking one day. I've had plenty of experience dealing with breed discrimination. :/
    THE place for Blood/Short-Tail Enthusiasts

Thanks

Re: Large breeds

Quote Originally Posted by DNACurtusK View Post
    That's great to hear that he's free and clear now and good to go! I hate to say it but at least he had the surgeries while he is young and can bounce back much faster than an older dog. I have all bull and terrier breeds and a Catahoula and a couple staghounds now, and I have an Am Bull as my 'watcher' over our acreage, but when my big boy goes one day, I'll likely be filling his spot with a Rottie. I've always admired their loyalty to family, and their intelligence.

That letter is the type of thing I DON'T miss from living in the city. We are way off the beaten path now out in the sticks and I couldn't be happier for us and the dogs, lol. If he was that terrified of your dog, he'd not walk the fence line....nor would he antagonize the dog by yelling at him. You should print one of those pamphlets that they make for kids on how to act around strange dogs and tape that to your fence for him, lol. I'm also on the same page as our dogs being good judges of character. I'd put a camera out though, facing the fence line, because that really would make me concerned that he may 'sabotage' some sort of incident in an attempt to try and get your dog in some kind of legal trouble. Sad to say, but true. Make sure he's up to date on his rabies vaccine as well, and wears his tags if your county requires them to do so. Just cover ALL bases, JUST in case animal control comes knocking one day. I've had plenty of experience dealing with breed discrimination. :/

He's actually getting his boosters and up to date on everything tomorrow so that's perfect.
    You know what's funny? The guy has not walked by one single time since sending that letter. And before he'd walk by twice a day and was never late. I've been worried about some type of sabotage or like a piece of poisoned meat, so if Maverick is in the front I open all windows and have a full view of the entire front yard. I haven't let him me in the front as long or as often either, but that's fine because now that he's healed up we're able to get out a lot more. Walks, the beach, the dog park (he's extremely calm and doesn't play or roll around with other dogs, just enjoys the company of dogs and their owners), and by the time we're home he just wants to be lazy in the house.
    I just seen someone that put down their dog because they had a torn ACL....I can't believe my boy had 2 torn ACLs and I would never consider that. He made a full recovery and can live a long full doggy life.
    I love bulls/terriers/mastiffs etc too! In the next year we'll be adding a cane corso. In the future I want a bull terrier, and we also want a bully. As of right now rotties are hands down my favorite breed.

I've been waiting for the guy to walk by our house (we have the letter taped next to the door), but I guess he's scared of confrontation. I should have figured when he didn't leave a name or return address!
    Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234