Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,423

1 members and 3,422 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts

Re: Teh Dawgs Eatin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    When I get my own dog I'm definitely feeding raw. If you buy in bulk when the stuff is on sale or buy local it definitely seems cheaper. Plus all of the health benefits. Pook's and champ's dogs are all lean and mean!
    No, they look lean and derpy, they're not mean!. Yep, that's absolutely true, it IS cheaper than any commercial dog food you could feed that's actually healthy. They also poop less than on kibble and it doesn't smell as bad. It's much better all around.
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DooLittle View Post
    Ok, I have a stupid question. I "have heard" chicken bones aren't good for them, that they can splinter. Is that only true to cooked bones?
    Only cooked bones are bad for your dogs health, they will splinter. Heavy weight bearing bones are also very sketchy when it comes to your dogs health, they can break teeth or jaws in some rare cases, and they arent generally used in raw feeding, they are the big marrow bones you see at stores. Also smoked bones are just as dangerous as a cooked bone, they will splinter too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    When I get my own dog I'm definitely feeding raw. If you buy in bulk when the stuff is on sale or buy local it definitely seems cheaper. Plus all of the health benefits. Pook's and champ's dogs are all lean and mean!
    Oh it is waaaay cheaper. For the same price as ONE bag of the kibble we fed we can feed THREE dogs for over a month, and thats not even with us finding sales on meat either.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw007 View Post
    No, they look lean and derpy, they're not mean!. Yep, that's absolutely true, it IS cheaper than any commercial dog food you could feed that's actually healthy. They also poop less than on kibble and it doesn't smell as bad. It's much better all around.
    Yea lean and derpy is more like it lol unless they see the cat or each other... I cant even begin to explain how awesome it is to not have to deal with gigantic piles of poop lol just little crumbs of nothing now

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    Huge PROPS!
    I love anyone who feeds raw.
    I feed my ferrets whole prey. Their body condition is way better than when they were eating a strict kibble diet. And less poops too.

Thanks
    That sounds extremely difficult to do lol do you start the ferrets out very young on it?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Another great thing about raw is their teeth look amazing and no dog breath!
    I love feeding our dogs raw. I just need a big freezer so I can buy in bulk.

Angela

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pookie! View Post
    I dont know what his deal is lol

Blue dog for almost 2 years, the other two started in January. Lots of changes, tiny poops, excess weight dropped off with no work at all, soft awesome coats, no dry skin, and what do you mean by behavior? I assume you are getting at that old wives tale of them becoming "wild" "crazy" "aggressive" lol nope nothing like that that wasnt already there beforehand, but if you meant energy wise, yes they all have a serious energy boost similar to when we eat healthy foods and feel all awesome after doing so.
    I've heard/read from several sources that their temperament does change. Just not for the worse, if anything it becomes more "stable and consistent". Idk what exactly that means because my dogs are pretty normal LOL, but I've only read about positive attitude changes.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aldebono View Post
    Another great thing about raw is their teeth look amazing and no dog breath!
    I love feeding our dogs raw. I just need a big freezer so I can buy in bulk.
    Yep yep! Nothing but pearly whites over here!

Quote Originally Posted by that_dc5 View Post
    I've heard/read from several sources that their temperament does change. Just not for the worse, if anything it becomes more "stable and consistent". Idk what exactly that means because my dogs are pretty normal LOL, but I've only read about positive attitude changes.
    Never heard that before, ever.. Only change I can really think of is they are far more annoying at or around dinner time, there is no way you could forget to feed them thats for sure..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    Huge PROPS!
    I love anyone who feeds raw.
    I feed my ferrets whole prey. Their body condition is way better than when they were eating a strict kibble diet. And less poops too.
    I MUST ask....what exactly to do you feed your ferret? We have one. He eats the Mazuri ferret diet right now. I wouldn't mind trying raw for him if it'd be healthy for him....
    THE place for Blood/Short-Tail Enthusiasts

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DNACurtusK View Post
    I MUST ask....what exactly to do you feed your ferret? We have one. He eats the Mazuri ferret diet right now. I wouldn't mind trying raw for him if it'd be healthy for him....
    I think she feeds them rats.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DooLittle For This Useful Post:

DNACurtusK (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    From what Ive heard, switching them later on in life *ferrets I mean* is very difficult..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pookie! For This Useful Post:

DNACurtusK (04-11-2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast