Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,305

3 members and 3,302 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: odd spider

Thanks

Re: odd spider

Quote Originally Posted by majorleaguereptiles View Post
    Thanks for the tips in figuring out allelic genetics...

In 3 generations of breedings a blackhead spider has not made any normals, only blackheads and spiders. So yes, that would constitute being allelic. This was from a female, 3 years in a row, from another breeder. So I'd like to breed my male this year and figure out myself.
    Again, I didn't know that. Thats an interesting thought. It will be nifty to see how the black head spider project will unfold.

BPnet Veteran majorleaguereptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterneish View Post
    Who was I arguing with? I was simply stating your post seemed patronising. And it's spelt with an s in the uk, which is where I live, was born, grew up and was educated. Your correction was again, patronising, with an s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wasn't arguing with anyone. Again, I posted to share what I knew. It's actually surprising the response you get from people here.

I see it's also spelt patronise! I did correct you as a form of humor as you called me out for patroniSing when I was simply sharing information that was argued incorrectly against me.

You showing me there is multiple spellings of patronize is patronising to me.

Thanks

Let me start off by saying that the only proof can come from breeding. Personally I would trust a reputable breeder like Brant over random people. Everyone has their own opinion and can state it. I don't understand why it usually ends in an argument on this site. I guess there are just a lot of "strong" personalities on here. Good luck op whether you decide to breed or not. Any BP is better than no BP

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

odd spider

This snake is gonna make spiders everyone. I'm glad people disagree, i think thats cool. I don't mean to cause an argument as people are adamant that its a normal as I am as a spider. I just wanted people to know, that I know, this snake will make spiders. Than in the future when the OP posts his/her clutch results we can all go "ahhhh interesting!" that brant guy isn't so crazy after all.

Thanks

odd spider

I wasn't arguing with anyone. Again, I posted to share what I knew. It's actually surprising the response you get from people here.

I see it's also spelt patronise! I did correct you as a form of humor as you called me out for patroniSing when I was simply sharing information that was argued incorrectly against me.

You showing me there is multiple spellings of patronize is patronising to me.
    Apologies for patronizing lets just make up and be transatlantic ball python buddies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

First, blackhead spiders have already proven to pop out spiders. Maybe, spiders and blackheads are allelic? Hmm, you wouldn't know anything about that would you? I have 3 generations of spider blackhead information that really nobody would know about besides 2 people.

Lastly, to question someone's "integrity" in the mix is unappropriate. I guess I shouldn't come on here and try to share what I know. I didn't sell this snake, I just came on here to say it was a spider based on my experience. Which you obviously know nothing about.
    Honestly, you've compromised your own integrity here by calling someone unintelligent about genetics.

There's two ways to go about an argument, proper discourse has been neglected here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kodieh View Post
    Honestly, you've compromised your own integrity here by calling someone unintelligent about genetics.

There's two ways to go about an argument, proper discourse has been neglected here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    Let's talk about integrity. You falsly claiming that I called someone unintelligent and then questioning my integrity is a perfect example of the lack thereof.

I came on here to discuss a simple animal that I'm not involved with in any way. There is absolutely nothing for me to gain in this situation. I stated this animal was a spider because I thought people would actually appreciate my opinion because I do have experience. What makes this even more ironic, is it actually is a SPIDER!

So here I am, being honest with the public, and in no way, shape, or form did I call anyone unintelligent. Disagreement is a separate entity. Questioning my integrity because I called a spider a spider? The fact you simply don't agree is fine, but then to bring integrity into an issue which I have absolutely nothing to gain from is absolutely ridiculous.

Proper discourse was neglected here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterneish View Post
    Apologies for patronizing lets just make up and be transatlantic ball python buddies

Sounds great to me! I have some good UK buddies.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

This snake is gonna make spiders everyone. I'm glad people disagree, i think thats cool. I don't mean to cause an argument as people are adamant that its a normal as I am as a spider. I just wanted people to know, that I know, this snake will make spiders. Than in the future when the OP posts his/her clutch results we can all go "ahhhh interesting!" that brant guy isn't so crazy after all.

Huh, I wonder if you took that picture to another forum who hadn't seen this thread, how many would guess that it is indeed spider?
    That's one of the things that I noticed. Sure, normals have white on them, but the OP's snake has white flecking nothing like the pictures that were posted of the normal sides. This looks like spider flecking to me. Also, the facial markings (and I'd like to see if the black extends into the neck and chin as it does with mine) reminds me of spider, it's even got the mustache. The color is quite golden for a normal, and it's got the "two-tone" look to it, the dorsal pattern is indeed lighter in color than the sides. The thin stripe of blushing also reminds me of a spider, not that normals don't have that, but the color and stripe-like blushing I've seen on a lot of spiders, especially on the neck.

Last edited by kdreptiles; 04-08-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks

odd spider

I didn't want to say it was a great example. I understand people don't like supporting ugly examples and low end breeding these days, I'm in agreement.

But if I see spider, than I see spider, and I'll say that. No matter how ugly or trashy others may think it looks, I actually get interested in different looking animals, so I actually seek them out, follow them and study them. This will be one of those to add to my brain when it proves, or doesn't prove in your evaluation. I think it's FUN!
    So if this thread wasnt titled "odd spider" you still wouldve been able to say thats a Spider? I say BS...

Its a cool looking Normal until it shoots Spider babies. Which i doubt it wil unfortunatly

Http://www.BCBallPythons.com
    Http://www.facebook.com/bcballpythons
    Ross Mackay
    BC Ball Pythons
    Email: keepers@BCBallPythons.com

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast