Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,384

0 members and 1,384 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Possible Problems or new pet anxiety coming back?

So I noticed some things about Athena and I'm wondering if they could be possible problems or if I'm just getting worried because she didn't eat for me this week.
    Cool side: 81 Warm side: 84 Hot spot: 91 Humidity: 49 (Temps have be fluxating slightly because of new england's definition of spring but she has always moved accordingly.) Had her for 8 months, age estimate 10-11 months. Last shed was 4 weeks ago, last fed on Easter Sunday (3 adult mice), and just noticed her belly is slightly pink when I took her out to take pics.

1: Athena has always looked and felt like a deflated water ballon, but thought nothing of it until recently when it was brought up in a post. I always assumed it was simply because she was young and had not built up all her muscle yet. I took some pics of the squishy little thing:

Other than the squishyness she's fine. She alert, normal, flicking her tongue, no signs of RI and what not. She has always been growing faster length wise than girth wise.

2: She's been acting very weird, however it could just be the season? I've heard of males acting insane in spring, but not females. Basically, the day after I fed her, she would race around the tank and attempt to push the top off. She would go at this for a full 4-5 hours before tiring herself out. At first I thought it was because she was still hungry. (My supplier was all out of small rats this week so I had to feed her 3 large mice instead). However, when I went to feed her yesterday, she flat out refused. (Now she's back to normal and staying in her hide most of the time). Well, i say normal because thats how she acted all throughout the winter. During the summer and beginning of fall she was a little crazy like described above. Thats when I always took her out and gave her some floor time.

3. I also noticed that sometimes she twitches her head to the side. She does it once in a while, usually when I'm trying to offer food and she refuses. She just, tilts her head sideways i guess? I don't know if it's normal or something I should worry about.

Thanks for dealing with all my questions throughout these months guys.
    Last edited by anwhit; 04-06-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    0.1 Normal Ball Python - Athena
    1.0 American Leatherback Bearded Dragon - Ares

Thanks

Possible Problems or new pet anxiety coming back?

Pink belly could be coming into shed. That temps n all look good.
    In the pictures I do not see anything wrong, but I'm not a trained eye.
    Get a spray bottle for like 2 bucks at Wally World, spray the tank maybe once a day. The humidity might need to be up a little.

I think she is fine!!!
    1.0 HoneyBee (Oenomaus)
    0.1 Pastel Lesser Het. Orange Ghost (Quorra)

Thanks

Re: Possible Problems or new pet anxiety coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by BPro927 View Post
    Pink belly could be coming into shed. That temps n all look good.
    In the pictures I do not see anything wrong, but I'm not a trained eye.
    Get a spray bottle for like 2 bucks at Wally World, spray the tank maybe once a day. The humidity might need to be up a little.

I think she is fine!!!
    Oh yeah, I have no doubt that she's starting to go into shed. She's due. I was actually expecting it happen last week.

And for the humidity I have a small humidifier in the tank that I turn on when she's in shed. It gets it up to 70%. I use the humidifier because she is a total water-phobe. She freaks out when I spray the cage and she refuses to go near damp moss. (Don't get me started when I attempt to soak her).

But yeah, the humidifier acts just like a fogger and helps a lot.

Thanks for the reply, like I said, I'm probably worrying over nothing.
    0.1 Normal Ball Python - Athena
    1.0 American Leatherback Bearded Dragon - Ares

Thanks
    Im not a pro but it sounds like nothing.....the hot spot should be more in the 88-90 range tho...
    1.1 Pinstripe - Orion/Eos
    1.1 Lessers - Typhon/Kali
    0.2 Dinkers - Stella & Wildfire
    1.0 Desert - No Name
    1.0 Het Red Axanthic - No name
    0.1 Woma- Cayenne
    0.1 Cinnamon- Nutmeg
    2.1 Mojave- No names
    1.0 Mystic- No Name
    0.1 Mahagony- No Name
    1.0 Black Pastel- No Name
    1.0 SD Tiger Retic- Thor