Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

1 members and 3,362 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Post a Pic: Lets see the best morph you own!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Just my opinion...

When I read the OP I thought "best" just meant your favorite in your collection.

Best doesn't necessarily mean highest quality here imo. A good example of what I mean would be this:
    Jinx's flame is a good example of the morph, but I personally don't care for her. I like the fire girl I bought better. Am I saying jinx's flame is ugly or that my fire is "higher quality"? Not by any means. I'm just making the point that different people are going to have different tastes when it comes to certain morphs and what they like to see in them. They aren't really being elitist.
    x2

There are many snakes that dont look stunning or anything but that are just crazy for breeding. Like a lesser mojave blue-eye lucy, that also has spider or enchi or pinstripe or something else in it, you just dont see it. And then there is personal taste. My taste is opposite of what many others consider desireable. If its just a color morph, i want the alienheads and the incomplete backstripe. For me, unless a pattern morph is involved, i want to see the normal pattern of a natural BP with changed colors. For a reduced pattern, there are morphs that do it. Aesthetics are really complicated, its like judging art, and in BPs i like to see morphs acting on a completely normal and average background "canvas", which is the whole and healthy gene pool of the species. I would never go looking for, lets say, a reduced pattern pewter. I would search for one where i like the colors and the influence of both genes, but patternwise i would want a good example of the ordinary, a pewter with alienheads and broken up backstripe. And for me a nce high-contrast albino has nice alienheads and a completely normal pattern, with extraordinary coloration.

Anyway, just keep posting these images, i like this thread But if you can or want or are able to do, include the genetics of the BPs you display

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Hard to pick a favorite but this guy is up there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to West Coast Jungle For This Useful Post:

snakesRkewl (03-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Post a Pic: Lets see the best morph you own!

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Jungle View Post
    Hard to pick a favorite but this guy is up there.
    Black pastel pied, raul...?
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    It's a tie between these two, so you get a pic of both! Super Pewter & Desert Ghost

Rocky Mountain Balls
    Website
    Facebook

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spitzu For This Useful Post:

h00blah (03-30-2013),jsmorphs2 (04-20-2013)

Thanks

Our Superfly! We got her as a Firefly, but I beg to differ

My Balls- Boys- Super Chocolate, Butter Enchi Ghost, Lemonblast, Mojave Sable ph hypo, Genetic Stripe, 2 66% Het Pieds, Bumblebee, Clown, Normal
    Girls- 18 Normals (Het Hypo, Albino, Genetic Stripe, Pied, Caramel), 2 Lemonblasts, Sable ph hypo, Sable ph VPI, Pastave, Mystic, Enchi, Vanilla, 2 Cinnys, Bumblebee, 2 YB, 2 Spiders (1 het hypo), Lesser het hypo, 2 Pastels, Mojave ph hypo, Super Pastel, Superfly, Pinstripe, Spotnose ph VPI, and Albino.

My Boas- 1. Hypo het albino (Pierre'), .3 Anery het Albino (Avery, Ariel, Punky Bruster), 1.1 DH Snow (Jazmine, Sebastian), .1 het Albino (Cookie) 1.1 Sunglows

My Carpets- 1.2 JCP, .1 Tiger

My Rosies- .1 Dome Rock (Ella, the one who started it all), .1 Albino Whitewater (Teeny), and 1. Otay Lake Unicolor (Cash)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    I think maybe "Favorite" might have been a better word for the thread subject. I took it to mean a light-hearted thread that gives people an excuse to show off pictures of their favorite snakes. Nothing wrong with that!

It also gives us a good opportunity to discuss the merits of choosing high quality animals for breeding purposes. That's nothing anyone should feel defensive about either.

Post up some great pictures, and have fun!!

i'm also confused on why someone would get butthurt about this thread? it's just a thread to post pics of your best, most expensive or your favorite BP you own!

Thanks

There are many owners on here that have very different budgets. I buy mine by trying to find the combination of quality and value that i can find. That just seems prudent to me. I am very happy with the snakes i have purchased and while I spend more than i planned originally (who doesn't) I couldn't be happier with my purchases. Good animals at reasonable prices. Living within your means and enjoying the hobby.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Good grief, it's beginning to feel like most of the people on this site are all PMS-ing at once. Take a few deep, calming breaths, close your eyes and think peaceful thoughts, and pretty please let's stop biting each other's heads off.

Now back to the subject at hand. My "best" morph it's impossible to pick just one. My top three are as follows:

My "perfect" pied. A near 50/50 color and white I produced myself last year.

My blushback Cinnamon female. She represents the best of the Cinny morph to me.

And my breeder Mojave female. I love the fact that she stayed grey/black and yellow, instead of the much more common "chocolate" colored adult Mojaves.

And my best snake? No question there, my beloved normal Akashi, the mother of my fire hatchlings.

And one just for fun:

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angllady2 For This Useful Post:

Johnmb (03-30-2013),tomjones456 (03-30-2013)

Thanks

Beautiful animals

Registered User PiercingPrincess's Avatar
    Thanks

This little cutie keeps stealing my heart.. but we'll see after my female Champagne HRA gets here next weekend. But I love all my children equity.
    27 'Kids' and counting

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast