Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,313

1 members and 3,312 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Tarantula Question(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Yea im getting a small colony of dubias from him and a bag of leaf litter mixture. I wanna be able to setup a naturalistic looking enclosure once the T gets bigger. (Not advertising for him, just saying what im getting). I think im gunna get an enclosure from taratulacages.com once the GBB is an adult.
    That's a good way to get started, I'll probably do the same.
    Yea, that would look a lot better than a bland enclosure. For me, since I plan on housing a couple, some might go in tubs, others who tend to stay out of their burrows more/arboreal species will be put into acrylic enclosures. Just need to figure out the sizes of the tubs for adults...
    Last edited by Pampho85; 03-29-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Tarantula Question(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theReptileGuy View Post
    That's a good way to get started, I'll probably do the same.
    Yea, that would look a lot better than a bland enclosure. For me, since I plan on housing a couple, some might go in tubs, others who tend to stay out of their burrows more/arboreal species will be put into acrylic enclosures. Just need to figure out the sizes of the tubs for adults...
    From what I've seen most species (like up to... just say, 6" leg span) don't need more than a 12qt tub or shoe box sized tub/critter keeper. For arboreals a 5gallon or maybe 10gallon tank flipped on its side would work.

From what I've learned from my research, they're kinda like bps in that sense. If you give them extra space they'll probably use it, but it doesn't hurt them if you don't give it to them. I'll probably do something similar. I wanna give my GBB a big cage with decorations to see her web it all up. But for the terrestrial species or non webbers ill probably keep them in tubs. Maybe if i have the room ill give them a display enclosure. Not sure yet.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

From what I've seen most species (like up to... just say, 6" leg span) don't need more than a 12qt tub or shoe box sized tub/critter keeper. For arboreals a 5gallon or maybe 10gallon tank flipped on its side would work.

From what I've learned from my research, they're kinda like bps in that sense. If you give them extra space they'll probably use it, but it doesn't hurt them if you don't give it to them. I'll probably do something similar. I wanna give my GBB a big cage with decorations to see her web it all up. But for the terrestrial species or non webbers ill probably keep them in tubs. Maybe if i have the room ill give them a display enclosure. Not sure yet.
    Ohh okay, that makes sense.

Yup, I've heard that too, but for some species, I heard that if you give them too much space, they'll roam around restlessly so I wouldn't want to give too much space. The again to a large T. Blondi or T. Stirmi, I don't think there can be a too big tub haha.

That sounds cool! You better upload some pics when you get it!

Thanks

Tarantula Question(s)

Ohh okay, that makes sense.

Yup, I've heard that too, but for some species, I heard that if you give them too much space, they'll roam around restlessly so I wouldn't want to give too much space. The again to a large T. Blondi or T. Stirmi, I don't think there can be a too big tub haha.

That sounds cool! You better upload some pics when you get it!
    Yep. Depends on the species but thats kinda the general consensus ive found. Im gunna post lots of pics of the T(s) and the dubias.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yep. Depends on the species but thats kinda the general consensus ive found. Im gunna post lots of pics of the T(s) and the dubias.
    That's true!
    Good! I would like nothing more! Lol.

So I saw a pic of a Pamphobeteus ultramarinus....I WANT IT! God, I need an animal in my life :<

Thanks

Tarantula Question(s)

That's true!
    Good! I would like nothing more! Lol.

So I saw a pic of a Pamphobeteus ultramarinus....I WANT IT! God, I need an animal in my life :<
    Get a T! They're the easiest animal i can think of to get. You don't have to hold them, you only have to check water every couple days, they only need to be fed once a week but if you leave them for a few weeks it won't kill them, some of them are so cool to look at, they take up minimal space, no noise/smell, no special heat or light requirements etc.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Get a T! They're the easiest animal i can think of to get. You don't have to hold them, you only have to check water every couple days, they only need to be fed once a week but if you leave them for a few weeks it won't kill them, some of them are so cool to look at, they take up minimal space, no noise/smell, no special heat or light requirements etc.
    I would if I could! But then again, my mom has to be scared of it. I'll try getting one in college if I can tho!
    Last edited by Pampho85; 03-29-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks

Tarantula Question(s)

She wouldnt even know you had it. Keep it in your closet lol.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

She wouldnt even know you had it. Keep it in your closet lol.
    Lmao, I thought about that, but instead of my closet, under my bed, but, she goes thru my things constantly:/

Thanks

Tarantula Question(s)

Lmao, I thought about that, but instead of my closet, under my bed, but, she goes thru my things constantly:/
    So does my mom lol. Just buy weird stuff and stick it everywhere. She'll stop
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast