Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,862

2 members and 3,860 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: DIY 9 Tub Breeder Rack (lightweight plastic shelving unit)

Looks good. I dont have an issue with ambient temps because I heat the room to 75 year round, it's just easier that way.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Looks good. I dont have an issue with ambient temps because I heat the room to 75 year round, it's just easier that way.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I live in a basement apartment and its pretty consistently about 67-69 degrees. All the warm air in the house shoots straight up to the third floor. :/ I can't wait until I have a snake room. Or even a large snake closet lol. (Sorry for spamming the thread, I just felt like sharing. )
    Last edited by whatsherface; 07-09-2014 at 11:44 PM.
    -Hannah

0.1 Mexican Black Kingsnake (Wednesday)

Ball Pythons
    1.0 Normal (Pugsley)
    2.0 Cinnamon (Peep & Tank)
    1.0 Lesserbee (Lemon Meringue)
    0.1 Super Pastel (Dollop)
    0.1 Pewter (Trifle)
    0.1 Hypo Pastel (French Toast)
    0.1 Mojave (Tiramisu)
    0.1 Pastel Sugar (Boston Creme Pie)

Thanks
    EEE I just made this this weekend!! I think I still have to trim the posts a little more (there's about an inch and a half of space between the lip of the tub and the top of the shelf), but we'll see once I figure out whether I'll be using insulation (very likely), pvc or frp, and the thickness of those. I plan on running 11in flexwatt with parallel wiring. What's the best you've found for sides? My room stays sufficiently cool, as it also houses a chinchilla, and there is NO option of moving anyone. (long story dealing with landlords). Thanks =D
    Mine's bigger.

Thanks

What did you use to cut the poles with?
    1.0 POG…. Surak 1.0 Calico……Caius 1.0 Cinnamon….Jerath 1.0 Enchi…..Xavier
    1.0 Leopard 100% het pied……Aslan 1.0 Black pastel 100% het pied…..Teal’C 1.0 Pied….Apollo
    1.0 Albino….Draco 1.0 Yellowbelly 100% Albino……Aragorn 1.0 Mystic......Morpheus 1.0 Hidden gene woma specter.....Mulder 1.0 Fire.....Theseus 1.0 Champagne pinstripe.....Hades 1.0 Banana bumblebee.......Zeus 1.0 Lesser.....Anders 1.0 Desert.......Jaba

0.1 Normal 100% het hypo….Sarabi 0.1 Lesser…..Kara 0.1 Pinstripe…..Tehla 0.1 Spider….Charlotte
    0.1 Yellowbelly 100% het albino…..Arwen 0.1 Enchi…….Jean 0.1 Black pastel 100% het pied…..Ishta
    0.1 GHI……Sena 0.1 pastel........Athena 0.1 normal......Willow 0.1 Ghost.....Persephone 0.1 Lemonblast 100% hypo.....Luna 0.1 Orange dream yellowbelly....Scully 0.1 100% het pied......Daphne 0.1 Mojave.......Trinity 0.1 100% het albino......Astoria 0.1 Black pastel.....Boomer

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whatsherface View Post
    Thanks! I live in a basement apartment and its pretty consistently about 67-69 degrees. All the warm air in the house shoots straight up to the third floor. :/ I can't wait until I have a snake room. Or even a large snake closet lol. (Sorry for spamming the thread, I just felt like sharing. )
    No problem at all! I love hearing about people building and using this rack. I'm definitely open to suggestions, additions, etch! When I built the second rack I took advice from people who posted on here about weaving the flex watt through the rack. Definitely the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by iPanda View Post
    EEE I just made this this weekend!! I think I still have to trim the posts a little more (there's about an inch and a half of space between the lip of the tub and the top of the shelf), but we'll see once I figure out whether I'll be using insulation (very likely), pvc or frp, and the thickness of those. I plan on running 11in flexwatt with parallel wiring. What's the best you've found for sides? My room stays sufficiently cool, as it also houses a chinchilla, and there is NO option of moving anyone. (long story dealing with landlords). Thanks =D
    I haven't put anything on the sides, I just heat the room to 75 degrees and leave it at that. I have looked into insulation as the sides, like the aluminum stuff, but it's pricey and thus far I don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by jesst View Post
    What did you use to cut the poles with?
    I used a miter saw to cut the poles. You can take the longer cheaper route and use a hand saw. It doesn't take much to cut through it.

Thanks
    I wonder if I can retro-fit this to work with rodents. Perhaps by putting wire on the bottom of the shelves or something.... It would save me a lot fo crap with building another rodent rack out of wood.

Thanks
    Just wanna say this is my favorite DIY for cheap, just getting into keeping multiple BP's, just did it last weekend. Works perfectly, the window sheers arent necessary, but helpful.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Derekm951 For This Useful Post:

SlitherinSisters (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derekm951 View Post
    Just wanna say this is my favorite DIY for cheap, just getting into keeping multiple BP's, just did it last weekend. Works perfectly, the window sheers arent necessary, but helpful.
    Thank you! I'm glad you found it helpful!

Thanks
    I found the YouTube video for this a couple months ago and made it a week or two after watching it. I didn't want to use the whiteboard and have to replace it often due to the humidity, so I used a sheet of corrugated plastic (3'x8') that was also at Home Depot for about the same price. $13 and some change I think. I used screws that are rounded at the head and the 28 qt tubs to fit up to 18 snakes. The tubs barely touch the screw heads, but it kind of locks the tubs in place. To wire my heat tape (also separately) I used a 12 gage extension cord. Trimmed the insulation off, (a little over a half inch) folded it, and stuck it in the connectors until I got to the last one. It was nice to read and see what others have done as well.
    1. het Pied 1. Albino 1. Lesser 1. Fire 1. OG 1. Pinstripe het VPI Axanthic 1. Mojave Enchi
    1. Bumblebee 1. Black Pastel Kingpin 1. Pastel Tiger
    .1 Pastel .1 Pastel het Pied .1 Calico .1 OG .1 Mojave het Lavender Albino .1 Lithium .1 Caramel Spider .1 Bumblebee .1 Bumblebee het Clown .1 Leopard
    1. Wild Caught Corn 1. Coral Snow Corn .1 Snow Corn .1 Butter Corn .1 Albino Reverse Okeetee Corn ?.? Frilled Dragon .2 Ferrets

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456