Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,252

0 members and 2,252 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Switching from live to F/T feeders

There is probably a topic on this somewhere on this forum but I can't seem to find it so sorry if I'm re-asking the same questions. I just got my first Ball Python about three days ago, I don't know the sex but the shop shop said they'd sex it for me for free since I bought it from them. It's been raised on live the whole time they've had it and it's about two and a half feet long. I don't mind feeding it live, I fed my bull snake live it's whole life, but I would rather do frozen thawed to avoid injury as I do have interest in breeding eventually. Any advice on how to switch a Ball from live to frozen would be nice. I haven't fed my snake just yet as I am at work but today is going to be the first feeding in it's new home. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Thanks

Switching from live to F/T feeders

My normal has always been on f/t, I can just flop it inside the enclosure shortly before the lights go out, and it's usually gone within a half hour.

My albino I recently switched to f/t. He won't take it as easily, I have found by holding the rat by its tail, and sliding the rats body in and out of the entrance of the hide to mimic movement, my albino snatches the rat up pretty quick and has not yet refused a f/t meal.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by martin82531; 03-19-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Het Snow BCI
    1.0 Lesser Ball Python

Thanks
    thanks, I was hopping it would be that simple. Well should be I know each snake is different. I think I'll go with live for this first meal with me and then try switching over to frozen.