Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,153

2 members and 3,151 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Burmeese

Thanks

w00t!!

Skipping over the drama...

Don't do it, man. Its a HUGE responsibility. Are you ready to make major life decisions according to the needs of a 200lb snake for the next 30 years? What happens when you want to move away to go to college or take a good job? What happens if **** goes down with your girl and it becomes super awkward with her cousins and they don't want to take responsibility for your animal any more? I'm not getting a burmese, but if I was, I would plan it out as if I had a wife and we wanted to have a baby. Wait until you are settled down in life and are really sure that you can commit to it and provide a secure, good environment.

Most people on this thread aren't trying to put you down, we just don't want to see you getting in a relationship with a snake that has a big probability of ending in disaster. And you're not alone! Most of us can barely find room and time for our ball pythons. Watch some of that Animal Planet Miami show and they're always catching burmeses that people thought they could handle but ended up chucking.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yo Vanilla kick it one time boyyyyy
    Tiger is Here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/

1 Red Tail Boa - Jay
    1 Ball Python - Silent Bob
    1 Coastal Carpet Python - Berber
    1 Spoiled princess feline - Meechie
    2 Stinky Rotten Kids
    1 Beautiful wife
    Rest in Peace Amy & Nanners

Thanks

Banned
    Thanks
    Maniac you're about to find your IP banned from the site if you return, maybe your ISP contacted.

Thanks
    Nasty. You can be right and do it in such a way that everyone discounts everything you have to add. In fact you can have a valid point and have people rebel AGAINST it just to counter the spite you've put forth. Both of em need some Midol. Hail logic.

Thats soime megap00 aaron.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i hate to say it, but eh... i told you guys.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Pretty clear the poll was abit "off"and who shoulda been "banned" has shown its true colors.
    Kudos to Beard for not breaking out the knee-pads 8) 8) 8)
    (wish I woulda seen the poll and voted) :x

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    David is right. Manaic is a n00b and would probably be killed by a burm. I don't see why everyone thinks david is an ass or egotistical. He's trying to save the herps that would be in horrible conditions otherwise. All Hail Beard!

Thanks
    Godfather was exactly right in banning them both. They both got what they earned, sad to say.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Just my two cents:
    I agree with David. I respect him for standing up for herps. I think every site needs some one that is willing to stand up and speak their mind when it comes to inproper husbandry and such. I dont really agree with the way he states his mind though. I think Herps and their wellfare should be a first priority for everyone. But if you are rude and unkind to some one they are not likely to listen to you.
    It is sad that it had to come to these two being banned, but this is supposed to be a freindly site where everyone is welcome and everyones opinion can be stated. This is a community, not a debate forum. Now lets put this all behind us
    1.0 Green tree python

Thanks
    I don't feel the need to elaborate a great deal. but I absolutely agree with the decision that was made on banning the both members.
    I was almost ready to take a break from the forums, as on top of an extremely busy lifestyle, I just didn't want to have to keep seeing such childish behaviors.
    This is a wonderful community forum, and I completely understand that everyone has different ideas on the care and husbandry of their animals. But when certain issues, ecspecially when pertaining to the ownership of burmese pythons comes up and is dealt with in such a manner as this thread, I take the matter of maturity very seriously. As you know this is of course a very passionate scenario for me.
    I was glad to see some of the mature, and well written responses, and wanted to thank the members of this community who contributed in a positive manner.
    You never know, by doing just that, you may have helped to save a snakes life.
    And for that I thank you
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast