Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,440

2 members and 2,438 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Burmeese

VP of Cool
    Thanks

kinda weird

Thats cause when the little snake escapes it wont eat the neighbors cat or dog :wink:
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks
    Hello all,
    I am aghast at a few of these posts to say the least. I am surprised by the mentality of this whole thread, if you would like me to elaborate, please feel free to PM me.
    I will say this;
    There are some great snake keepers out there, and some not so great. I happen to have the luxury of first hand experience from animal cruelty cases etc.
    Anyone, new to these forums or not (remember not all “n00bs” are “new“) who may be interested in the experience of large boid ownership, are more then welcome to help out at Rusty Reptiles. Like I said some people are great with Burmese pythons, and some people may need a little more education and experience on there care before owning one.
    Thank you
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    I have a story. I was in a "Pet Store" the other day and heard a scantily clad woman tell some old folk that BP's have both male and female body parts :roll: She said that she was pretty experienced in handling these snakes and that her first snake had died cause she had lost interest in it and stopped feeding it :evil:
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Did you smack the woman? She sounded like she needed to be. Maybe someone should loose interest in her and stop feeding her and see how she feels. That just makes me angry.
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

Thanks

Friend and Care Advice update

Just some points reitereted that I am sure everyone knows but bear repeating:

Pythons can live very long lives as far as "pets" go - you must be ready for a more long-term commitment than you would give even the family dog.

Giants (Burmese, Indian and African Rock, Retics) will grow to be a 2-person husbandry task at a minimum, have huge enclosure needs at adulthood and will eat vast quantities over long years. If you can't be there whenever need arises with help and in person you may want to wait.

"Errors" with the snakes can be VERY bad news, for the keeper, household members and even the overall reputation of the herping hobby as a whole.

Through a number of factors from intimidation to financial strain to incompatibility with your significant other large snakes wind up being rescued, put out or down or at best sold off in dismaying numbers.

I would just urge any potential owners of these snakes to think it through carefully and make sure they are at a stable and established point in their lives where ALL the above factors are covered before entering into such a commitment.

People can be reminded of these without gong all ad hominem.

There's no condescending in what I am saying - and don't mean to overstate the obvious - but the discouraging words you are hearing are ones you'll likley run into in any community when making that kind of keeping transition, albeit the tones and stances you've seen illustrate the extreme example.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Banned
    Thanks
    David is right. Manaic is a n00b and would probably be killed by a burm. I don't see why everyone thinks david is an ass or egotistical. He's trying to save the herps that would be in horrible conditions otherwise. All Hail Beard!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    hail the beard... i totally agree with jeff, and would like to add this... maniac, if you get a burm you are a fool. and i'll make a vaild point nobody has even touched on. you say you'll see your burm on weekends, WTF? i have 5 snakes, and there is no way in hell they would be anywhere near as healthy as they are now if i only tended to them a day or 2 a week. my snakes are all cared for on a daily basis. if you had a burm you saw on weekends, it'd end up living in it's own fecies for 6 days until you could get back out there to clean it up.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    You are the fool will.. Read my posts -- i wouldnt be the only one taking care fo the snake, there are more then a couple of snake care takers on that damn farm, jesus christ how many times do i have to repeat my self, I read your post and made a username just so that I could reply to your little comment. I wouldnt be taking care of it JUST on weekends, it would be taken care of everyday. There are more then a handfull of expierneced keepers over there so refrain from trying to agree with your girlfriend beard, ty

Thanks
    y would u keep teh snake ina barn??? do u live in a barn? please dont get a Berm, it would die 4 sure.
    Flowers are a girl's best friend!

Thanks
    So Maniac gets banned and comes back under the name maniaK. Is this not disrespectful? At least David had the decency to stay away. Oh and how much research have you done on a snake to even consider keeping one when you still can't spell it right. I'm sure any research on the snake would have it spelled "Burmese" and not "Burmeese"
    C.E.H. 12/14/86 ---> 12/23/03
    1.1 BCI
    0.1 Diamond x Jungle Carpet Python

eminent clothing

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast