Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,383

2 members and 3,381 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Burmeese

Thanks
    Just because one person in this forum upset you, it doesn't mean you should just go out and get one now. Like "Well I'll show him". Please listen to all of us. We're trying to help, not gang up on you.

Now you said something about your fiance's cousins being 35-40 and dealing with "these snakes". So they've cared for burmese pythons before? But they don't have one now? I'm just trying to understand. And if you get one, they are going to be the ones responsible for taking care of it, not you? If people other than yourself are going to be caring for it, will they be around for the whole 30 years or whatever that the python will live? Its just a lot to think about. Give it time.
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Peeves

Thanks
    Thats why I am doing-- giving it some time.. I will ask about the burmese and its only one of our options..
    " I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex " - Mikey -

1 Human/Girlfriend - my baby<3
    1 Colombian Red Tail Boa - Casper
    1 Ball Python - Olah

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well i stand corrected.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Also, there are TONS of other snakes out there that get an impressive size if that is what you are looking for (why, I don't really know, but let's not get into that). Do your research on ALL your options. BCI's, Blood pythons, Carpet pythons, Rainbow boas, ringed pythons, etc. Just to name literally a few. And many of these make GREAT first time 5'-7' snakes.

It's not like he wants a viper or a rattlesnake. I don't think wanting a burm is a stupid idea. But I'm not going to get one for a VERY long time because I know how hard they are to manage and care for. I work at a reptile center, and they have a huge 18' 100++ pound burmese python in there. Impressive? YOU BET! Do I think I could take it home and handle it and care for it? Probably not. One question Maniac, have you ever seen a full grown Burmese python?

Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Can you feel the love tonight............
    Tiger is Here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/

1 Red Tail Boa - Jay
    1 Ball Python - Silent Bob
    1 Coastal Carpet Python - Berber
    1 Spoiled princess feline - Meechie
    2 Stinky Rotten Kids
    1 Beautiful wife
    Rest in Peace Amy & Nanners

Thanks
    I've seen plenty, I wouldnt just want one without seeing it in person. They used to have one at the zoo in chicago, and there is a petstore in one of the burbs that has a burmeese a little under the 18' python that you mentioned.. And I already have a Colombian BCI ...
    " I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex " - Mikey -

1 Ball Python - Olah

i dont want to get in on this whole being kinda mean thing, but i have two questions, and ill try to make them as nice as possible:

1)i dont know if you ever actually said why you want a burm exactly, so i was wondering that. (ok, not really a question, but along the lines)

2)you said that the snake would be kept at a farm in wisconsin, and that you go there, every weekend in the summer, well, doesnt it get really cold during the winter? and would the snake be outside in the barn? then itd just be worse if it got cold right? also, what if some freak accident happens, would you be held responsible, you wouldnt want that, especially if a lil kid happens to sneak to the barn, and go to see the snake.

again, there are plenty more choices, just look around and ask

Thanks
    There are plenty of reasons why people want snakes, its always more then one reason. There would be no kids around that farm unless we come and I doubt they would be allowed in the same room. The enclosure would be built inside the barn and all of them have heaters/ cooling systems..

1 Ball Python - Olah

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    I will stick with BP's and somewhere down the line get a BCI. I'm currently helping someone here locally who keeps a lot of snakes and I'm gaining a lot of experience. I will admit I did not do too much research before I bought my BP. But I found this site the very next day and it has helped me a lot. I am totally with David on this one, cause I too have seen what happens to these large gentle giants once they get too big. Hec, the city next to mine has completely banned the keeping of exotic pets because of this. If I lived in this city, I would be after these people with a large blunt object. That being said, I have no idea what kind of person you are, nor how responsible. It is totally upto you on what you want to do in this free country! But you have to realize that people will always be on your case until you have proven your self. And that my friend is not easy to do when the only thing u've owned is a sweet little BP and a legless puppy dog :wink:
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I am sticking with ball pythons and maybe later on get a GTP but i want an albino Ball. Maybe i will have a het to breed in a few years. But for now i want to concentrate on trying to breed Ball pythons.

Maniac the only thing i have to say is i would rather have lots of little snakes then one big snake.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast