Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,273

1 members and 3,272 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    ^ did you get this from jamie's tarantula? is that more for arboreal species? I'm already looking for a reasonably price display enclosure.

Thanks

venturing into Ts

yeah I got it from Jamie's tarantulas. It's a spiderling terrestrial setup. When they are really small they are more about burrowing so the depth of the substrate is important. That I enclosure is only 2.25inx2.25inx4in. So it's small but it works well for spiderlings.

Thanks
    Your right, the arboreal has the vents on the side I really like the acrylic style of caging, how fast do B.vagans grow, how soon so i expect them to be big enough for the full size terrestrial enclosures?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

venturing into Ts

Here is a B. vagans that i have had for about 5 months . Give or take. Steady amount of roaches, in a room kept at 82*
    They are not fast grower but not as slow as a G. rosea.

They will burrow when small. These are my first vagans so I'm not sure how long it takes for them to reach adult size.

Thanks
    wow its still so small but i'm sure i will enjoy watching her grow being my first T so i just went and got a mini kritter keeper for it, i'm not sure if its too big for it right now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to threezero For This Useful Post:

3skulls (03-07-2013)

Thanks

venturing into Ts

Just double check and make sure he can't fit though any of the slots.

I would fill it half way up with substrate and watch her make some burrows.

If you want, start one for her near the plastic, with your finger. If she takes to it, you'll have a better chance of seeing her :p

Thanks
    so i transfer her over to the new kritter keeper. man working with spider is a test in patience, trying to get her to move a certain direction lol. She keep trying to climb the cage in the beginning and tiptop over the substrate(its kind of cute lol). But she has settle down once i moist up the substrate a bit. She doesn't seem to burrow, i'm still using the milk carton thing for her to hide in and she would put half of her body into it and chill out like that. I use 2 medium size tattoo ink cup for her as water but she dug one up this morning. Do they actually drink from the water cup or is it really there for moisture and humidity?

Wow Tarantulas are pretty neat, i don't think i can stop at one lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to threezero For This Useful Post:

3skulls (03-07-2013)

Thanks

venturing into Ts

Yeah, you can't have just one :p

Give her some time to settle in and I bet she will start to dig. They do and will drink from a dish but at that size they will get everything they need from its prey. I don't have any "bowls" in with my vagans right now. I need to get some more bottle caps.
    The normal rule is to always have a water bowl available at a 2-3" leg span. I always start them out with something very shallow or place a few pebbles in the cap.

Here is one in its tunnel. (Bad pic)

Wait until you work with a T that can teleport :p
    They'll be in one spot, then in another before you know it. Transferring some of them really gets my heart pumping.

Thanks
    Yea she is already burrowing a bit. I think she like it better in the critter keeper the deli cup didnt have enough substrate in it. Just bought some crickets for it but I don't know if they are too big or not....

also I have her on my desktop right now beside my computer. Since I'm a nocturnal creature my room light is on until 3-4 am all the time. My snakes which is in the same room don't seem to mind but than agin they live in racks. Will the t get stress out if the lights is on all the time. I notice it will freeze whatever it's doing whenever I turn on the room light.

Thanks

venturing into Ts

I'm not sure if it will stress it out or not.
    Can you make a little cover for it? Once it makes a good burrow, I'm sure it won't be a problem.
    If you feel the crickets are to big, you can crush their head a little. It's gross but has to be done at times :p

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast