Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,322

2 members and 3,320 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Snakes are invading my subconscious!!

So, last night I spent hours researching different things about breeding, made my thread, looked at pics, read stories etc until the wee hours of the morning. I fell asleep and dreamed of breeding my snakes.

I got a clutch of 6 eggs. 3 were bad, 3 were good. I even candled them to see the vessels. I didn't have an incubator set up yet so I put them in this plastic ice cream tub and into my closet where it was nice and hot. I woke up in the morning and 2 of them were all brown and shriveled up. I had ONE good one left and it went moldy! I don't know how, but at one point, all the little snakes were out of the eggs and struggling around on my carpet. I could see their patterns and everything. I was so distraught.

I woke up so sad!

/end story......
    Last edited by timely.grace; 03-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    I've had lots of snake dreams. Finding eggs, eggs hatching, people stepping on my babies ..

The most recent I can remember is my first ball python laid a clutch of eggs, and within hours of laying the eggs hatched and the babies were all sorts of cool morphs.. and even some different species!

it was strange.
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    Oh man. Stepping on them?!
    This dream woke me up around 4:30am. I had to wake Noah up and tell him because I was so sad lol.
    He was all "uh huh....oh yeah...yeah....uh huh....well I think you've been reading too much. Go back to sleep."
    I think he thinks I'm loony

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Oh man, welcome to the addiction !! I stayed up really late thinking of plans, potential acquisitions, and when I went to sleep, I dreamt that I woke up and one of the tubs was open, and I found my enchi lesser locked with my pinstripe !! This was before I had seen any locks, so it was a GOOD dream lmao. When I woke up, I checked on 'em, and they were still sleeping on opposite sides of the tub .
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: Snakes are invading my subconscious!!

Quote Originally Posted by timely.grace View Post
    Oh man. Stepping on them?!
    This dream woke me up around 4:30am. I had to wake Noah up and tell him because I was so sad lol.
    He was all "uh huh....oh yeah...yeah....uh huh....well I think you've been reading too much. Go back to sleep."
    I think he thinks I'm loony
    Yeah it was right around when I got my first snake. I would often bring her to my studio since people loved to see her. I would always supervise her and secure her in a tub when she wasn't being handled... but I always had this fear that someone was going to smush her accidentally
    ~Steffe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    Oh man, welcome to the addiction !! I stayed up really late thinking of plans, potential acquisitions, and when I went to sleep, I dreamt that I woke up and one of the tubs was open, and I found my enchi lesser locked with my pinstripe !! This was before I had seen any locks, so it was a GOOD dream lmao. When I woke up, I checked on 'em, and they were still sleeping on opposite sides of the tub .
    Haha! aww how deflating!
    They'll get it on soon, I'm sure lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    Yeah it was right around when I got my first snake. I would often bring her to my studio since people loved to see her. I would always supervise her and secure her in a tub when she wasn't being handled... but I always had this fear that someone was going to smush her accidentally
    Gosh, that would be horrible.

Thanks
    Haha! Definitely addicted! I have done that soooo much - reading and researching and looking at pics and using the Genetic Wizard until I was SURE I was gong to cause the World Of Ball Pythons to go into meltdown... It sounds to me like your dream is you worrying about doing everything right! And well that's a good thing! Woo hoo! Welcome to the addiction!!

I checked in on a pair the other day, and the girl had done all the necessary tinkling and scenting in the tub... I opened it up and the male was at the front of the tub looking up at me like "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!"
    Last edited by nimblykimbly; 03-04-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Kimbly

Pastel 'Cami' Mojave 'Tank'
    Kingpin 'Cleo'
    KillerBee 'Buzz'
    Pied 'Patches'
    Lesser 'Lieutenant Dan'
    Mojave 'Lyla'
    Het Pied 'Norm'
    2 Normals 'Audrey' and 'Girl'
    Fire 'Smokey'
    Black Pastel '#3'
    Normal 'Slim Shady'
    Butter

Sassy and Reilly, our furry girls

Gabrielle,
    Brynn, Samuel - our human kids

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nimblykimbly For This Useful Post:

h00blah (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timely.grace View Post
    Haha! aww how deflating!
    They'll get it on soon, I'm sure lol
    Just posted this earlier today : http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...2166-Holy-poop!!
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Yes! I just saw this like 30 seconds ago! <--- my happy dance for you! Yippee!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to timely.grace For This Useful Post:

h00blah (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nimblykimbly View Post
    I checked in on a pair the other day, and the girl had done all the necessary tinkling and scenting in the tub... I opened it up and the male was at the front of the tub looking up at me like "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!"
    hahaha aww poor little dewd!! A mistake I was making was pairing them the morning before I left for work! The last few times I paired them, it was on Sunday NIGHT between 6-8. I check in just before I go to sleep, and I'll see them moving into position; when I wake up to go to work, I'll check on 'em and see what looks to be a lock . Today was first time I've seen something serious like that! I could even see some pene

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast