Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,363

1 members and 3,362 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    i am very greatful for all of the advice i have recieved from the people willing to help.......that is why i started here. we have a friend that raised several different kinds of snakes.......i ask him, also, but i have always felt like i could come here anytime....i haven't posted as much lately, been very busy, but i really do appreciate the info from the forums.......i think you can kinda get a feel for everyone and "weed" out the Great and the not so great.....you kinda learn as you go.

anyway, thanks for having me and helping....
    1.0 BP Sixx
    1.0 bci Ozzie
    2.0 boys, Hunter & Noah
    1.0 husband Toad

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Relax.....I dont' think anyone needs to tell you when to give advice. You seem like a person who knows when to speak and when to listen. This is about those people that don't.
    You are right, Steelsack. I do need to relax and I have. I kinda regret submitting that post, it was a reactive move on my part. I apologize if I came off hostile as that wasn't my intention. It's just that, being a noob, I guess I did get a little offended. If I had waited 5 minutes before clicking that submit button, I probably never would have. Hey, I'm not perfect you know!! :wink:
    i am very greatful for all of the advice i have recieved from the people willing to help.......that is why i started here. we have a friend that raised several different kinds of snakes.......i ask him, also, but i have always felt like i could come here anytime....i haven't posted as much lately, been very busy, but i really do appreciate the info from the forums.......i think you can kinda get a feel for everyone and "weed" out the Great and the not so great.....you kinda learn as you go.
    anyway, thanks for having me and helping....
    Despite my 'little upset' at the 'little rant', I share rding's sentiments towards this community as a whole. I have increased my knowledge 10 fold b/c of all the great advice I've gotten here. Thanks again to everyone that has taken the time to answer my questions and give me sound advice.
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Wanted!

Take a Ball Python Quiz! That would settle many issues on who can and who cannot give proper advice. Study the care sheets and get ur Ball Python Adivce giving license.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    one of the main reasons i chose to remove myself from the staff is because i do not agree with the way some things are going around here. it seems as if a lot of people have forgotten how to act, and the site reminds me of... well... every other forum on the net.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

every other forum on the net.
    Well.......mabe not every.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    IMO, this is the best forum I have found, if not perfect, it's still the best. I'll occasionally search for and check out new ones or visit old ones that I used to participate in, but can't find what I find here. :smile:
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

check out new ones
    *cough*TheCanopy*cough*

Thanks
    With all of the big forums out there for the breeder and the entrepreneur, I decided to come here because it was the friendliest for the first-time owner. Owning one snake isn't rocket science. Some of us want to give back what we have learned. Honestly, whats the worst advice you've seen? Its not like anyone is advocating super risky things. Nobody (that I have seen) is telling newbies to house adults in 10gal tanks or keep humidity at 25% or use heat rocks. In fact, it really irks me when I see someone get all snooty and flaming over trivial little things that can be debated to the moon and back. PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE! Think of all the abusive dog owners in the world, and then think about the dedication and interest that us newbies are showing towards an animal that most people would rather see dead. Also, think of the terrible advise that we have witnessed at most pet stores... now THATS scary!

If anyone has references to ****head posts, post it.

Thanks
    poo? I didn't say poo >

Thanks
    Oh boy. Interesting topic, but it makes me pretty sad that we even have to have this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizill
    one of the main reasons i chose to remove myself from the staff is because i do not agree with the way some things are going around here. it seems as if a lot of people have forgotten how to act, and the site reminds me of... well... every other forum on the net.
    Wizill, I am really sorry to hear that, but I do see your point. But I still love this site and will continue to post here and visit daily. I hope you will too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizill
    Before I bought my snake, it had 2 hides, perfect temp and humidity... the works. what i'm getting at here is... there are 2 different kinds of "noobs"... the kind who are eager to learn how to care for a snake, bc they love reptiles... and the kind who think it makes them look cool. i do believe this site carries a lot of both types.
    Unfortunately, I was not as researched as you when I got my first ball python. I spent about a week on the internet before buying my ball (hadn't found this site yet) and was stupid enough to trust people at the pet store. I felt really lucky that I found this site and was able to learn the right way to do things. (I also read the ball python manual which helped.)

Quote Originally Posted by LouEvil
    I'm not saying NObody should give advice......and I know you all will agree with me, there are some members here who just have no business telling other people how to care for their animals when they have little to no idea how to do so themselves.
    Yes, I agree. And if I recall correctly, when I was a newbie, I did not give any advice unless maybe it was something that I had already heard (umm i mean read) more experienced members say time and time again. I had such a hard time with my first ball python that I did not really feel comfortable giving advice until more recently when I had success with my second ball. Before that I spent most of my time asking questions. My point is that I knew then and I know now when I should give advice and when I should let more experienced people answer. Some people on this forum don't.
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Peeves

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast