Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,227

1 members and 3,226 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear he's gone, but again, a lucky beast to have had you and your family as his family.

And that cartoon was pretty darn funny.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Re: Duff - 1996 to 2013

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Your story made me cry (and I'm usually not so emotional). I can understand where you're coming from and I envy the relationship you have with your dog. Duff was more of a third child than a dog and it was very clear that Duff enjoyed taking care of your family when you were not around.

I guess your story hits home because I'll be making the same decision soon, I fear. My dog is 14 and is epileptic, has a heart murmur, the vet says he probably has cancer, he's partially paralyzed from the waist down (a slipped disk and back surgery to correct it), and is starting to be incontinent of his bowels. He was only supposed to live to 11.

I hope your heart can heal as well as your family's. It sounds like your little girl is taking it hard and I'll say a little prayer for peace for her especially.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Skip. I have 6 dogs and each one is like a child to my husband and me. I know the pain you are feeling and I am truly sorry for your loss. The special ones never leave us and you will be together again one day.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

BPnet Veteran Rage Beard Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Duff - 1996 to 2013

Thank you for sharing those beautiful memories with us. My condolences and hopes go to you that you never forget the things that that made him yours. That really tore me up.
    Pythons
    0.1 Harris Line Morelia Bredli (Ariel)
    1.0 Afors line Morelia Bredli (Orm)
    0.1 Afors X Harris Line Morelia Bredli (Squidge)
    1.1 Brisbane Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli (Loki)(Sigyn)
    1.1 Maugg Line Morelia Spilota Metcalfei (Rapture)(Gloom)
    0.1 Normal Regius (Rella)
    1.1 Apodora Popuana (Odysseus)(Calypso)
    0.1 Aspidites Ramsayi (Octavia)

Boas
    0.1 Acrantophis Dumerili (Punzie)

And a bunch of Neonates

Thanks
    My condolences. If I could change one thing about dogs.....it would be to extend their life span. No friendship/companionship compares to that of the canine kind, at least in my opinion. Duff lived an amazingly long life with you, and was a very lucky dog, and he knew it. I hope that mine now live as full of a life as he did!

I lost my heart dog back in 2008. I think of her to this day. Amazing how they have such an impact on us. Sometimes we don't even realize how they go through everything we go through in life, right by our side. They are the one constant. Always there, no matter what.

On a side note, I have a couple Patterdales too! Don't hear of too many around!
    THE place for Blood/Short-Tail Enthusiasts

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks
    I haven't much to say about this. I'm truly sorry about your loss, and I understand how painful an experience like this is. Last year, our Siamese cat was put down, unfortunately without my notice. God, did I love that cat. He made it to year 17 and was a purring hugbox! My grieving was what filled me up the rest of those weeks, and let me tell you, losing a best friend is not a way to spend Valentine's Day. But, as we may still grieve from now and then, we are always grateful for the memories they left us with, be it Duff's witness to every new chapter of your life, from marriage, a new house, and your children, or even my cat's purring lullaby as he accompanied me into my dreams, they will always be with us in our hearts.

Thanks

Re: Duff - 1996 to 2013

Bully breeds are the most amazing, and the most heart breaking of all pets in my experience. They are long lived, have the most amazing personalities, and steal a time and place in your heart that most people would be hard pressed to occupy. I know this loss you suffered is almost 5 months old now. But since the loss of my pit bull Ruby, I find it very hard to even open this section of the forum and so I have just read this today. It has been almost 2 years since I lost my girl to cancer at almost 16 years of age. And even now after reading your story of your lost companion I find myself reduced to tears. I know that time heals all wounds, but the loss of a member of the family so instrumental as this I don't believe ever goes away completely. Even now one of the happiest times of my life; recently finding out that we are going to have a new baby in our lives. I find myself thinking of my lost companion Ruby. I truly hope that you and your family are able to find peace with your loss. And know that Duff had a fantastic life with you and is now at peace. But if my own experience is any indicator, I highly doubt that the sense of loss and loneliness you felt from lissing him will dull anytime soon. If ever.
    All the best to you and your family.
    Jason Ladouceur.
    Visit us for all your housing needs http://www.herphouses.com/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jason_ladouceur For This Useful Post:

Anya (07-12-2013),Skiploder (07-13-2013)

Thanks
    Oh gosh
    I'm sorry for your loss. Your post reminded me of the ending of Marley & Me. Which made me tear up even more. I dread this day.
    I'm a nurse & encounter death quite often. With humans, I've grown to build a well-thought-out reasoning & justification of death for myself to ease the sadness. But with animals, it's so much harder.
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Dumerils Boa
    0.0.1 Hognose
    1.0 Crested Gecko
    Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1 Boxer-PitBull
    0.1 Pug-Poodle
    0.1 Lionhead Rabbit
    1.0 Boyfriend

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123