Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,221

1 members and 3,220 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sellers Rant

Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 920 Posts

Re: Sellers Rant

I've completed five transactions to date, where I never called, or texted, the seller. It was all handled over email, and there were no problems.

However I have three where I either texted or called. When I picked up my (originally) five males, we texted back and forth about shipping and receiving. The other two were for my girls, and I talked to my lesser seller several times working out the trade details. I almost got a pastel lesser out of that one. Then when I got the pastel girl, I didn't expect the call but he gave me a call about dropping her off at FedEx and what she was eating. Turns out she was picky for them, hasn't missed a meal with me and started on f/t with me too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Registered User Jesse Hermanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I feel like I'm pretty patient...I really try to put up with almost anything in the name of customer service. But I did have one customer who actually managed to tick me off. He sent the payment while I was on my way out to dinner with my significant other. I sent him a message that I would book his shipment when I got home and send him the tracking number when I did. He sent me a message back that said "I know you have a smartphone. It's been 15 min since I sent the payment. Where's my tracking #? I know you can book the shipment from your phone." I thought that was pretty rude. Needless to say, the phone stayed off for the rest of dinner. Between myself and my business partner, we are almost available 24/7. But, I absolutely will not sit at the dinner table and mess with my phone...just because I can do almost anything from my phone doesn't mean I'm going to. It's also worth noting that his shipment wasn't actually leaving for a few more days...It was Friday night.
    Wow... that would have ticked me off. Even if you were shipping out the next day I would not have expected a tracking number until later.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts
    I can attest to FireStorm's patience! She sold me my first online snake (mojo) , and answered all of my millions of questions without being short at all.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseyReps For This Useful Post:

FireStorm (02-19-2013),Jesse Hermanson (02-19-2013)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    3.) If someone says in a for sale ad that they are willing to meet up to 3 hours away, that does NOT automatically mean that if you live 3 hours away they will be delivered to your door for free!
    I love this one!

I had a craigslist ad for some pet supplies, including a small hamster cage I priced at $10. In the ad I listed the areas where I can meet people (areas I frequent either through home, work, or family), over all about a 40 mile diameter circle. Got someone contacting me asking if I would deliver this $10 cage to them 80 miles away because gas is expensive. I didn’t say this to the, but I wanted to! “Sure, I’ll deliver this $10 cage to you, 80 miles out of my way. Never mind the fact the gas to drive there and back is going to cost me $20.” Never ceases to amaze.
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Customer contact is key. We as breeder's sometimes will have one or two emails or texts slip through the crack's from time to time (just ask Annarose). I have voice mail, email, text, Facebook, and twitter. If you call and I don't answer leave a message I'll get back to ya. If you email me at least give me a day or two to email you back. I have a smart phone but I also don't drop what I'm doing to respond to emails right away it might be that night before you hear back but I see them..

As for sales call's and lowballs.. Meh it's part of the territory we all handle it different..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Freakie_frog For This Useful Post:

Annarose15 (02-19-2013)

Thanks
    Unfortunately many people just don't think before responding to an ad. That is the main problem.
    Personally, I always contact by email FIRST because that way, it's the least likely way I'm going to wake a person up. Even then, the only time I use texting with snake sales, my computer business, or other non-personal communication is for instant updates on critical info such as "Just got them and they are here safe". I know the sellers I've dealt with never had a problem with me texting as soon as the animals arrived but I wouldn't call them unless it was something important. Easier to go back and look at info on emails and I have yet to find a way to attach a pic to a phone call.

Time zones are also not an issue honestly. It's just a simple search on the computer or if you're like me and commonly deal with people halfway across the globe, you can add a world-time app to your phone. Between 9 AM and 5 PM local time for the person I'm contacting is my personal rule. People who contact me outside of that on business, may or may not get a response. Once again, it comes down to thinking about it and remembering the person on the other end of that email/text/phone call is actually a person despite not being physically in front of you.

Being in customer service for a living, even I know the customer isn't always right. I will bend over backwards (and frequently have to as a manager with Wal-Mart) to make a customer happy but when it comes to my animals, their safety and well being ALWAYS comes first. There is also the whole rule of "If you are rude to me, I'm less likely to try to help and more likely to just ignore you". Customer service or not, everyone is still a person and should be treated with respect.
    Ball Pythons: 1.1 Pastave (Regulus and Ceti), 0.1 Albino (Aria), 0.1 Lesser (Daenerys), 0.1 Mojave (Sangria), 1.0 Enchi Pastel (Declan), 0.1 Normal (Sydney), 1.0 Lesser pos. het Clown/Pied (Loki), 1.0 het Clown pos. het lavender albino (Liam), 0.2 het Clown (Cara and Milly)

Corn Snakes: 1.0 Blizzard (Flurry)

Other: 0.1 Bearded Dragon (Faranth), 0.1 Russian Tortoise (Henry), 1.1 Dogs (Floppy and Lucy), 2.1 Cats (Jack, Brando, and Godiva), 1 Very Understanding Husband

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Why sweat it anyway at this point, you're out of the snake business right?

I will never be completely out of the snake business... I have a 3 foot snake tatoo for gods sake!
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Cavanaugh For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (02-19-2013)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think the problem is that everyone(or almost everyone) has a smart phone, so buyers feel it is fair that they should get everything done right away. I have been selling some dubia roaches on CL since my colony is huge since I only have one beardie and I live in Nassau county li, I have people asking me if I am willing to drive 30 miles to sell a 100-small for $10. I never give out my phone number until the morning of the meet date for the reason do not bother me at 3 am. People need to slow down, and relax. Not everyone is on the computer 24/7, people have lives. When I have snakes for sale I will give out my number once I feel that you are truly interested in the snake. Not when your asking when was it born, what's it eating, what's the weight, what were the parents, is it 100% het, do you do genetic guarantee and ask the same questions ever week.
    Tom

Ball Pythons
    Females: Poss. het albino (Angel),Albino (Corona),Pastel Lesser (Lila),Pinstripe Het Albino (Sandy), Pastel Pied (Pandora),
    Males: Black Pastel Het Albino (Diablo),Piebald (Atlas),Killerbee (King)

Morelia
    0.1 Jungle carpet python (Sage)
    0.0.1 Green tree python (Unknown)

Misc.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Roxy)
    0.1 Bearded dragon (Coral-Blood X Red/Citrus)
    1.0 Diamond Back Terrapin(Crush)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 1nstinct For This Useful Post:

sorraia (02-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    *Cue poignant Godfather music*

Good to know you have time while at work at night... Oops, I'm off to a meeting!
    I deliver newspapers. I'm all alone in my car for 4 hrs, I have 5 hrs to deliver them. Sometimes I have to wait for the paper to get to the warehouse.

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess I can jump of this bandwagon.

Last year was my first year selling and it was so frustrating. It took 6 months to sell all but 2 or the 40+ babies I produced. I had lots of "interests" and few offers. And a couple offers didn't go through because of the "I no longer have money" thing.

If it weren't for one guy buying 25 snakes off of me I don't know what I would have done.
    - Mason

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast